Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Best front 7 talent

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,948
    Post Thanks / Like

    Best front 7 talent

    There are 2 players that stand out in my opinion

    1. Jordon-amazing athlete. Can do everything an OLB needs to do especially drop and cover

    2. Star Lotulelei- one time considered worthy of the #1 overall pick. Can play every D-line position. Must be double teamed. Intense and plays the run and rushes the QB equally well and both at a high level.

    My dream is to land both but since Jordon most likely will be gone...Star and Mingo added to Wilkerson and Couples would create something special.

    Draft OG in round 2 Pugh or Watford or Long

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Something special called the 32nd ranked offense.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    853
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care how bad our offense is if we come away with Star with the 9th or 13th all of us should be smiling ear to ear. It's a position of need as well. We can still take a guard with the other 1st round pick or trade back and grab a QB and WR in round two....BPA all the way

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    Something special called the 32nd ranked offense.
    Without a true QB any offensive selections should be viewed as building blocks laid for the future starter not yet on the team. We have so many needs on offense I think securing the defense and beginning the process of long term offensive stability should be the game plan.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,075
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey joe View Post
    Without a true QB any offensive selections should be viewed as building blocks laid for the future starter not yet on the team. We have so many needs on offense I think securing the defense and beginning the process of long term offensive stability should be the game plan.
    A-OK with me. Star is a talent that can't be overlooked

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    612
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey joe View Post
    There are 2 players that stand out in my opinion

    1. Jordon-amazing athlete. Can do everything an OLB needs to do especially drop and cover

    2. Star Lotulelei- one time considered worthy of the #1 overall pick. Can play every D-line position. Must be double teamed. Intense and plays the run and rushes the QB equally well and both at a high level.

    My dream is to land both but since Jordon most likely will be gone...Star and Mingo added to Wilkerson and Couples would create something special.

    Draft OG in round 2 Pugh or Watford or Long
    People do know Mingo is a better all around athlete, right?

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,047
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    Something special called the 32nd ranked offense.
    Are we building for this year or long term? I won't pretend to know what GM's do, but I bet they look at this draft and at least the next 2 drafts as a whole. If the value in this years first round is on D, then you look at next year and possibly go D with both pics.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,047
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey joe View Post
    There are 2 players that stand out in my opinion

    1. Jordon-amazing athlete. Can do everything an OLB needs to do especially drop and cover

    2. Star Lotulelei- one time considered worthy of the #1 overall pick. Can play every D-line position. Must be double teamed. Intense and plays the run and rushes the QB equally well and both at a high level.

    My dream is to land both but since Jordon most likely will be gone...Star and Mingo added to Wilkerson and Couples would create something special.

    Draft OG in round 2 Pugh or Watford or Long
    Athletes are overrated. But Jordan does seem to be more of a OLB prospect.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    Something special called the 32nd ranked offense.
    LOL. Hold up. Jets can pick up Mingo at 9 which I agreed with and trade down towards the bottom of the first and pick up Jesse Williams another monstrous NT. The extra pick in the 2nd could net a starting guard or WR/TE. After which Jets still need a S, OLB, OL depth etc. Jets could really fill a lot of holes in this draft.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey dilldongs....i didnt say i am not on board with defense...just said we have the worst offense in the league!!

    i am all for star at the 9 spot....stated many times he is one of my fav's in this draft.

    also wouldnt mind letting rex do his thing with what we have on defense now...filling in a few more stop gaps......and grabbing two weapons like austin with the 9 and eifert with the 13 qb next year.

    either way give me 2 of my "great 8" in any combination u want except guard/guard of course.

    jordan
    warmack
    cooper
    austin
    eifert
    ansah
    vaccaro
    star l.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    hey dilldongs....i didnt say i am not on board with defense...just said we have the worst offense in the league!!

    i am all for star at the 9 spot....stated many times he is one of my fav's in this draft.

    also wouldnt mind letting rex do his thing with what we have on defense now...filling in a few more stop gaps......and grabbing two weapons like austin with the 9 and eifert with the 13 qb next year.

    either way give me 2 of my "great 8" in any combination u want except guard/guard of course.

    jordan
    warmack
    cooper
    austin
    eifert
    ansah
    vaccaro
    star l.
    Take Warmack, Cooper, austin, and vaccaro out, and your list would be great.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Take Warmack, Cooper, austin, and vaccaro out, and your list would be great.

    ur nuts!! anyone of those 4 would be great additions...without question.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Warmack and Cooper could stay, but I'd take out Austin and Star. Star because he has no truly elite trait, and Austin because he goes down too easy and is pretty stupid.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,726
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about Star and then, at 13, the best of...

    Cooper, Warmack, Eifert that's still on the board?

    1 offense, 1 defense.

    We CANNOT go Defense, Defense at 9 and 13.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,075
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd do a year in jail to see radio city / landing strip if we landed Floyd @ 9 and Star @ 13.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    How about Star and then, at 13, the best of...

    Cooper, Warmack, Eifert that's still on the board?

    1 offense, 1 defense.

    We CANNOT go Defense, Defense at 9 and 13.
    I want top Offensive talent too, but there are none. Offensive Guards are not an option for me in the top half of the 1st round, and hopefully the Jets feel the same way. So what to do?? How 'bout something like this in the first three rounds...

    9 DT Star

    13 OLB Mingo

    39 WR DeAndre Hopkins

    72 TE Travis Kelce

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I want top Offensive talent too, but there are none. Offensive Guards are not an option for me in the top half of the 1st round, and hopefully the Jets feel the same way. So what to do?? How 'bout something like this in the first three rounds...

    9 DT Star

    13 OLB Mingo

    39 WR DeAndre Hopkins

    72 TE Travis Kelce
    Yes!!! the best picks yet...perfect!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us