Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayock has us taking Austin with 9 and Eifert with the 13.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayock has us taking Austin with 9 and Eifert with the 13.....

2 of DBAKES "great eight"!!!!

Sign me up!!!!!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am DIENG for an explosive edge rusher (maybe Barnes)...

I LOVE Warmack and Cooper...

But really this would be a dream!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll puke if we take a TE in the 1st round.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mods please move to the Draft Forum.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Johnny Mitchell, Kyle Brady, Anthony Becht, Dustin Keller .......when the hell is it EVER worth it to take a TE in round one, then at 13 OVERALL = crack smokers.

Not even just the Jets - league wide first round TE's are almost never ever worth it. Even Vernon Davis at 6 overall took 4 years to finally do anything.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a team who had a pick and Mingo was his name, O!

MI..NGO

MINGO

MINGO

and Mingo was his name O!

(The Leprechauns warned you.)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Austin's stock has leveled off a bit after skyrocketing for about a month. I don't care if you can't line him up outside. I think you can line him up in the slot and in the backfield and create nothing but mismatches with him. I do not believe that a high draft pick has to be able to play outside. He would also become our KR/PR.

I think Eifert is easily the most polished TE in this draft. With an average QB he will become an absolute mismatch.

Personally, I would prefer us taking one of the Guards and one of these guys.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post

MI..NGO

MINGO

MINGO

My problem with Mingo:

He had problems finishing plays in college. Thus the large number of pressures and low number of sacks in his last year.

That's something that's supposed to get better in the NFL, with bigger, stronger, smarter QBs? Really?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    still don't know how i'd feel about austin. but i'd rather have cooper than eifert.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Efiert is easly the best TE to come out of ND in a while and thats saying alot considering Carlson, Rudolph, fasano have all had some kind of success at the NFL and are all Solid players.

I would have no issue taking him .its better than taking a Guard which is probably the easiest position to fill in the NFL.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would be extremely happy if we were able to land those two. Don't think Eifert makes it to 13

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Would be extremely happy if we were able to land those two. Don't think Divert makes it to 13
    Yes, he will be diverted all right. Effert, eifert, divert, fartie... whatever.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Austin's stock has leveled off a bit after skyrocketing for about a month. I don't care if you can't line him up outside. I think you can line him up in the slot and in the backfield and create nothing but mismatches with him. I do not believe that a high draft pick has to be able to play outside. He would also become our KR/PR.

I think Eifert is easily the most polished TE in this draft. With an average QB he will become an absolute mismatch.

Personally, I would prefer us taking one of the Guards and one of these guys.
    +1

Sanchez will only get worse without upgrading the o-line.

Cooper/Warmack and Austin/Eifert works just peachy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    +1

Sanchez will only get worse without upgrading the o-line.

Cooper/Warmack and Austin/Eifert works just peachy.
    increasingly i'm wondering if they will go offense with both picks if they stay put. idzik's most daunting task is to fix the offense, which put undue pressure on the defense b/c it couldn't stay on the field and generate first downs, let alone points.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    My problem with Mingo:

He had problems finishing plays in college. Thus the large number of pressures and low number of sacks in his last year.

That's something that's supposed to get better in the NFL, with bigger, stronger, smarter QBs? Really?
    The low number of sacks his senior year had 100% to do with the team containing QB's rather than getting after them. Mingo said exactly this and he said he didn't have a problem with it hurting his numbers because they won games. Watch his combine interview.

If you want to see him truly getting after the QB, watch his 2011 games where they did much less contain from the D-line.

Mingo has no problem taking down Qb's. When he arm tackles running backs, he has a much bigger problem. That's definitely something ****ty, but the bottom line is that he's getting money to rush the passer. Simply said, it's more important than stopping the run, especially in today's NFL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In regards to the OP, I wouldn't hate that draft. I think Eifert has hall of fame ability because of his catch radius and mobility, but Austin I wouldn't be as thrilled about. Austin certainly brings a gamebreaker aspect, but I think he's a bit too easy to take down. You can be small in the NFl, just don't be so easy to take down.

Unless something heavenly happens like Dion Jordan or Ansah falling, give me Mingo and Manuel or Eifert. Call it a day.

Something worth considering is that the team doesn't go with Warmack or COoper, but drafts DJ Fluker with the intent on playing him at guard. Extra large human being with some versatility to also play tackle. And apprently Tennessee views him as a big time guard as well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    increasingly i'm wondering if they will go offense with both picks if they stay put. idzik's most daunting task is to fix the offense, which put undue pressure on the defense b/c it couldn't stay on the field and generate first downs, let alone points.
    Honestly, just take the BPA at this point, focusing on positions of need. Meaning, take the best OLB/TE/WR/OG/FS/SS/QB and go from there. Jets shouldn't force picks just because right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post

MI..NGO

MINGO

MINGO

B.......U........S........T

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    GET LOST LOSER...ITS DRAFT TIME!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    Almost every thread on the board right now is about the draft. What a jerk.