Thread: Two questions for those following the draft closely....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Two questions for those following the draft closely....

#1 What happened to Damontre Moore? I remember in Kiper's first mock that he was considered to be a Top 5 pick, and now I do not see him in the first round in anybody's mocks. I assume he must've fallen out due to his combine results, but would anyone use our 2nd round pick or a trade back into the late first and get this guy instead of a pass rusher early?

also,
    #2 How deep is the G position in this draft? Seems like everybody wants Cooper or Warmack because they'll 10 year pro bowlers, but can a decent starter be found in the mid-rounds and use the early picks on skill players (Austin, Eifert, etc.)?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moore did not have great workouts (poor 40 and poor bench press) and some people have talked about poor interviews and such but he could be one of these classic guys that is getting too penalized for workouts and yet will produce in the pros.

Not sure how deep OG is, there is a second tier that seems pretty good but not sure about the mid to late rounds. Others on here with a better handle on oline can probably come up with a better answer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    #1 What happened to Damontre Moore? I remember in Kiper's first mock that he was considered to be a Top 5 pick, and now I do not see him in the first round in anybody's mocks. I assume he must've fallen out due to his combine results, but would anyone use our 2nd round pick or a trade back into the late first and get this guy instead of a pass rusher early?

also,
    #2 How deep is the G position in this draft? Seems like everybody wants Cooper or Warmack because they'll 10 year pro bowlers, but can a decent starter be found in the mid-rounds and use the early picks on skill players (Austin, Eifert, etc.)?
    He ran 4.9 at the combine and has not had a very good offseason.

There s quality depth at OG this year which is why I hope they go for guys who can have a bigger impact in the first round.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are a few more down the line that will be looked upon if we go skill with the 1st two picks.

To name a few

Larry Warford - not to be confused with Larry Warlord
    Brian Winters
    Justin Pugh
    JC Tretter
    Alvin Bailey