Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cimini: Draft week may define John Idzik era

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    no, I respectfully disagree. I actually agree with Francesa (whom I despise) on this and have felt all along that Idzik was hired under the following conditions:

1. You're keeping Rex at least one more year
    2. You are trading Revis so don't bother negotiating with his people.

Those decisions were made before Idzik ever boarded the plane for his interview.
    agree with one, not two.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    agree with one, not two.
    then why was no contact ever made with Revis' people? Nope. The decision to jettison Revis was all Woody. I have not the slightest doubt.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It cannot be said enough that whoever he picks will not be great this season. Even Revis didn't become "REVIS" until his 2nd season. In fact many thought that Leon Hall was better as a rookie.

I agree that this draft will go a long way to define Idzik, the truth is we won't know what that definition is for a few years.

Consider Tannenbaum's first draft. Brick wasn't great until his 3rd season, Mangold was great from day 1, and Leon Washington and Brad Smith were solid 4th round picks (and even Eric Smith wasn't bad for the end of the 3rd round).
    However he missed on the QB and inexplicably drafted Schlagel in the 3rd round, so, a mixed bag for sure. But ultimately a successful draft

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    then why was no contact ever made with Revis' people? Nope. The decision to jettison Revis was all Woody. I have not the slightest doubt.
    You are believing what Revis had to say. I'm sure Idzik knew what Revis and his camp were looking for.

It really doesn't matter at this point. He's not here and I'm one happy Jet fan for that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Considering that Idzik had no say in jettisoning Revis (All Woody, folks... 100% no doubt about it), how does the trade of Revis "define" Idzik? That's the most absurd thing I've heard on this board in years. Utterly ridiculous.

"Define" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm so sick of these moronic pudits.
    Woody needs to pay 122mill a year and wants a championship. If Idzik though the best way to do that was to pay Revis, it is in his job scope to convince him other wises. the decision to take a pick in this years draft, from the only team
    that would trade for Revis before he could work out, is also part of his legacy. Could he have waited until camp and gotten more/Less?

You believe how he handles this draft does not give further insight into our understanding of his philosophy? At this time we know squat, if this moves don't help to define him what will? The author did not state the the Revis contract and this years draft is the final chapter in Idzik's biography, just that with no other history to go on, these are the defing moments to this point in time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    You are believing what Revis had to say. I'm sure Idzik knew what Revis and his camp were looking for.

It really doesn't matter at this point. He's not here and I'm one happy Jet fan for that.
    I have no doubt that it was Woody's decision.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Woody needs to pay 122mill a year and wants a championship. If Idzik though the best way to do that was to pay Revis, it is in his job scope to convince him other wises. the decision to take a pick in this years draft, from the only team
    that would trade for Revis before he could work out, is also part of his legacy. Could he have waited until camp and gotten more/Less?

You believe how he handles this draft does not give further insight into our understanding of his philosophy? At this time we know squat, if this moves don't help to define him what will? The author did not state the the Revis contract and this years draft is the final chapter in Idzik's biography, just that with no other history to go on, these are the defing moments to this point in time.
    Trading Revis was Woody's command. Not Idzik. How Idzik handles rebuilding the Jets over the next 2-3 years will define him. Not this one draft + Revis as Cimini clearly implied in the article. As usual, he paints his own distorted picture. And by doing so reaffirms what an absolute tool he can be. So, Pats fan, if you really want to believe Idzik had any influence over the decision not to negotiate with Revis, God bless you in your delusion.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because they knew how far apart they were. Idzik said it, the Jets and Revis had very different understandings of his value. He never said it wasn't discussed, just that a contract wasn't offered.

I think it very easily could have been Idzik's call - simply because I think it was the right decision.

Why was it all Woody? What makes everyone say that? What factual information would lead anyone to that conclusion?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trading Revis was Woody's command. Not Idzik. How Idzik handles rebuilding the Jets over the next 2-3 years will define him. Not this one draft + Revis as Cimini clearly implied in the article. As usual, he paints his own distorted picture. And by doing so reaffirms what an absolute tool he can be. So, Pats fan, if you really want to believe Idzik had any influence over the decision not to negotiate with Revis, God bless you in your delusion.

Woody wanted him out, but like I said trading him for picks now, when he was at a lower value rather than in June when he is running and cutting with pads on after mini camp is Idzik decision. He wanted the pick this year. And Cimini did not say the book would be closed but that it would define him as a GM. The Revis trade shows him to be on the conservative side. If he drafts Wamack/Cooper and Star or trades back will reinforce that. Or does he swing for the fences and go with Austin and Mingo.
    Last edited by patman; 04-24-2013 at 05:53 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    moron cimini forgot to point out that the seahawks had traded for matt flynn before they picked wilson. it's not like they went in looking for a qb.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    moron cimini forgot to point out that the seahawks had traded for matt flynn before they picked wilson. it's not like they went in looking for a qb.
    They signed him as a FA.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    He traded the best player in the teams history
    Idzik traded Joe Namath?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

Woody wanted him out, but like I said trading him for picks now, when he was at a lower value rather than in June when he is running and cutting with pads on after mini camp is Idzik decision. He wanted the pick this year. And Cimini did not say the book would be closed but that it would define him as a GM. The Revis trade shows him to be on the conservative side. If he drafts Wamack/Cooper and Star or trades back will reinforce that. Or does he swing for the fences and go with Austin and Mingo.
    couldnt chance an injury and get nothing - very conservative but the surest thing