Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NO QB'S THIS DRAFT, JETS!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If someone like Oakland or Jacksonville is picking in the Top 2 and want Bridgewater, then they'll tell us to go f*ck ourselves regardless of the offer we make.

They need a QB too, and they aren't passing up a damn good prospect for a few extra draft picks.
    Then we offer them a bushel of virgins.

Thankfully those teams play in worse divisions and will finish with more wins.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    Sanchez or no Sanchez....this qb class is and will go down as one of the worst ever!!!! No qb this year!!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like one QB... Manuel and I'm pretty sure a team is going to move up and take him in the late first which is too early for us. Manuel or nobody.

There is too many good QBs next year (Manziel, Teddy, Boyd and the SJ State guy whos name i cant remember)
    Last edited by buzzershot18; 04-23-2013 at 05:40 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    if it was up to me, we'd sign Mallet next year.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    I like one QB... Manuel and I'm pretty sure a team is going to move up and take him in the late first which is too early for us. Manuel or nobody.
    Nobody please.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in for taking Manuel in the 2nd if he's still there

Want OLB at 9 and best avail offensive player at 13 if we can't trade back

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    In my analysis (and I know you disagree) I see no QB that is worth picking with so many other holes to fill. Any yes, being stuck with Sanchez and his $8MM salary certainly does play a part in this decision.
    I am not scout or QB expert. I see some good things in a few of these guys and I wouldn't want to miss out on a Colin Kaepernick or Drew Brees or Russell Wilson because of Mark Stinking Sanchez.

I would be more mad if they passed up on another winner like they did with Wilson (who I liked very much last year BTW) than if they take one in the 2nd round and that guy never takes he field or is a flop.

other holes will get filled this year, some wont... some just aren't as valuable as others.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would rather waste a draft pick on a QB then waste a year with a group of QBs we know aren't the answer

Obviously were not going places in 2013, but you can use this season to find out if the QB you draft thursday (ideally in the 2nd-3rd round) is the long-term answer. If after 16 starts you feel good about him, then you don't need to worry about this problem next season. If you don't, oh well, you've wasted a pick trying to improve the most important position on the team during a season where you weren't going anywhere anyways.

I don't feel great about this crop of players, but there's no guarantee were in a position to land a true franchise QB next season. Getting a chance at a Luck, or a Bridgewater, is a once in a generation thing, you can't plan around being in that situation because it's highly unlikely. That's why you should be trying to fix the QB position this year even if its hard to pick a clear must-have QB in this years draft.

At worst you lose a pick, at best you've saved the franchise. I'm not saying we should reach for one at 9 or 13 because frankly the roster needs a ton of help, but in the 2nd-3rd round I say go for it

My two cents, it wouldn't break my heart if the Jets feel like you do Soothsayer but I'm rooting against it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    save our #1 overall pick next year for teddy bridgewater or jadevon clowney

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Folks, it's clear this is a cap clearing rebuilding stop-gap year.

The QB's we currently have on the roster (minus Tebow who will be gone soon) will get us through the year.

Being there are no franchise type QB's in this draft it makes sense to load up on other areas we are lacking (LB, DE, OL, TE, S...etc).

Drafting any QB this draft would be a wasted pick IMO.

Shore up other areas and build with talented youth.
    You do realize any top top tier QB next year will go in the top two of the draft right? No matter what anyone says this team's defense will keep them from getting the number one or two pick next year. Now tell me will the mid to late first round QB next year be any better than this crop? NO so you don't bet the whole future of your franchise on getting a top two pick in the next year. You go and get your QB NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    First off, welcome aboard. You're not afraid of the truth and we can use more of that around here.

You are going to be called names by a few posters, but don't let them get to you. The mods here are really good and if you PM them they'll help you out.

SAR I

Agree with Sooth, no one really worth taking to build around, but I was intrigued by Tyler Wilson. Not so much now as I think his arm isn't strong enough for the AFC East. I'm content with the Jets going forward with Sanchez for this year, if for any other reason than to fill other needs with an eye towards 2014.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    You people are suffering from information overload

Many months of "experts" telling you or us who's good, who's not etc... they have many months to poison or brainwash viewers but at the end the draft is a crapshoot at best and we've all seen "can't miss" players miss and those who wouldn't amount to "anything" become "something" so let's just hope whoever the Jets draft work out in the end.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    Sanchez or no Sanchez....this qb class is and will go down as one of the worst ever!!!! No qb this year!!!
    They said that in 2000 and 3 franchise QBs came out of it. Thanks for your incite Miss Cleo.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    You do realize any top top tier QB next year will go in the top two of the draft right? No matter what anyone says this team's defense will keep them from getting the number one or two pick next year. Now tell me will the mid to late first round QB next year be any better than this crop? NO so you don't bet the whole future of your franchise on getting a top two pick in the next year. You go and get your QB NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    +1

There is one damn good QB prospect next year (Bridgewater). And if he doesn't go #1 overall, then he's going #2 after Clowney.

I'm not buying the Manziel hype for a second. A 6'0 200 lb QB with a so-so arm going at the top of the draft? Bullsh*t

And what the hell makes the Carr's, Mettenberger's, and Boyd's better than the Nassib's, Glennon's, and Manuel's of this years class? Absolutely nothing.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    No QB in this draft is even close to being a slam dunk. We're likely going to be in a position next season to get a QB who has much more talent. Save the pick and use it to shore up one of our other MANY lacking areas.
    No slam dunk is a far cry from no franchise QBs in this draft. Using that logic you would have passed on Wilson & Kappy. Montana and Unitas along with countless others too. If they like someone they WILL draft a QB.

No GM or owner goes into a season and decides that the season is a dump.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    And just who is this mystery man QB? Also, tell me who this QB will throw to, hand off to, and even more important, who's his blockers.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    No slam dunk is a far cry from no franchise QBs in this draft. Using that logic you would have passed on Wilson & Kappy. Montana and Unitas along with countless others too. If they like someone they WILL draft a QB.

No GM or owner goes into a season and decides that the season is a dump.
    Look at the history of the NFL....Wilson and Kapernick are FLUKES. For every one of them there are 50 busts. I love those who think based on what happened last season there are QB's like those hanging off trees for the picking.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Folks, it's clear this is a cap clearing rebuilding stop-gap year.

The QB's we currently have on the roster (minus Tebow who will be gone soon) will get us through the year.

Being there are no franchise type QB's in this draft it makes sense to load up on other areas we are lacking (LB, DE, OL, TE, S...etc).

Drafting any QB this draft would be a wasted pick IMO.

Shore up other areas and build with talented youth.
    One of the multiple mid-level QBs should definitely be drafted this year and every year until we land a franchise caliber QB. Adding a QB every draft is essential for success. I just don't want to see any of the 9, 13 or 39 wasted on one of them when we have so many needs for impact elsewhere. Trade down and use at least 1 pick for a QB. It won't take much to unseat Suckchez or Garrard.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look at the history of the NFL....Wilson and Kapernick are FLUKES. For every one of them there are 50 busts. I love those who think based on what happened last season there are QB's like those hanging off trees for the picking.
    It's just as dumb to think next year's draft will be a panacea filled with QB prospects that are so much better than this. Meanwhile the Jets sit back and nurse the worst QB situation in the league 3 years in a row.

I'm perfectly cool with taking a QB until we have one that doesn't suck.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No QB in this draft is even close to being a slam dunk. We're likely going to be in a position next season to get a QB who has much more talent. Save the pick and use it to shore up one of our other MANY lacking areas.
    no slam dunk, but spending a 3rd or a 4th or a 5th on one of them is a good idea. No way do we enter the season with Sanchez/Garrard/McElroy. Get a rookie in here. Since the QBs in this draft are all mid level, it wouold be downright foolish to spend an early pick (certainly not 9, 13 or 39), but we should spend one of the remaining picks on one IMO.