Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NO QB'S THIS DRAFT, JETS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    if the team likes a guy in the later rounds you should take him
    absolutely correct. No guarantee we find our pot of gold like Belichick did with Brady in rd 6, but you can't get one without trying.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    +1000
    I think everyone is wrong about Manuel. Would love to take a chance on him if he's there in round 3.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    They said that in 2000 and 3 franchise QBs came out of it. Thanks for your incite Miss Cleo.
    "They" is not "me"
    Don't forget that.
    DBAKE knows all....and says these qb's are STINKY.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I think everyone is wrong about Manuel. Would love to take a chance on him if he's there in round 3.
    I don't think he even slips past the Eagles in round 2. Manuel is a commodity in this draft.

lol

Someone check if Hell is Frozen. SAR and I agree. It only took a decade.
    SO you think Sanchez is fine too? All his problems were caused by a bad OL, bad WRs, bad RBs and bad OC's?

Really? I never thought of either of you as nave, but anyone who thinks that just doesn't see the reality of how bad this guy is.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    It's just as dumb to think next year's draft will be a panacea filled with QB prospects that are so much better than this. Meanwhile the Jets sit back and nurse the worst QB situation in the league 3 years in a row.

I'm perfectly cool with taking a QB until we have one that doesn't suck.
    Nobody said that. However, based on the pickings this year the odds are certainly in our favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Why?

I have no idea where you guys are getting this idea that next years QB class is so much better than this one.

Outside of Bridgewater, there are no bluechip prospects in the 2014 draft either. And unless we end up with a Top 2 or 3 pick, we aren't getting him.

A lot of people are assuming we'll be god awful this year. But would it really surprise anyone if we eek out 8 or 9 wins and are picking in the 15-22 range?
    thank you. Bridgewater and maybe Manziel. Other than that, pot luck in both 2013 and 2014. So many people are under the wrong impression about the QBs in both years. Outside of Bridgewater, there is no exceptionally strong candidate except for Manziel in some people's view.

Jets Insider VIP
    lol

Someone check if Hell is Frozen. SAR and I agree. It only took a decade.

Not so sure about that, Sean

sarI thinks Mark Sanchez is terrific and none of the Jet offense problems of the last two seasons are due to him...a Brett Favre or Peyton Manning or Matt Leinart if only we had a HC of sarI'choosing.

I'm not certain you agree with that view

Along with every other Jet fan or football fan on the planet not a close relative of Mark.Sanchez.

That large demographic segment knows that Mark Sanchez sucks

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    SO you think Sanchez is fine too? All his problems were caused by a bad OL, bad WRs, bad RBs and bad OC's?

Really? I never thought of either of you as nave, but anyone who thinks that just doesn't see the reality of how bad this guy is.
    I never said that. But you should come to terms that we're stuck with him and the odds of drafting someone who will come in and be any type of solution is extremely slim. Use the picks to shore up all the other TONS of shortcomings the team has. That's the smart move.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Then we offer them a bushel of virgins.

Thankfully those teams play in worse divisions and will finish with more wins.
    They played in worse divisions than us last year. Had better QB play too.

We still finished with more wins than them.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    thank you. Bridgewater and maybe Manziel. Other than that, pot luck in both 2013 and 2014. So many people are under the wrong impression about the QBs in both years. Outside of Bridgewater, there is no exceptionally strong candidate except for Manziel in some people's view.
    There's a whole college season next year. There will be many more names that surface. Making that prediction now isn't very smart.

All League
    Does anything actually think Manziel translates to the NFL? Ugh

If anything it's Bridgewater and Derek Carr, and then a lower tier of Tajh Boyd and maybe McCarron. Manziel is mid-round gadget pick for some team looking to expand their read-option playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    +1

There is one damn good QB prospect next year (Bridgewater). And if he doesn't go #1 overall, then he's going #2 after Clowney.

I'm not buying the Manziel hype for a second. A 6'0 200 lb QB with a so-so arm going at the top of the draft? Bullsh*t

And what the hell makes the Carr's, Mettenberger's, and Boyd's better than the Nassib's, Glennon's, and Manuel's of this years class? Absolutely nothing.
    Bridgewater scares me more then any QB in this draft. He reminds me of Colt Brennan going into his 3rd year. He had one good game vs a ranked team Bama Teddy has Florida. The rest are all them putting up superman stats vs unranked teams. It seriously took that Sugar Bowl to shut people up on him. Him and Brian Brohm where supposed to be the big QB class. In the end the cream rose to the top in Ryan and Flacco. Next years class isnt going to be a tenth that good. Louisville may end up undefeated and in a very similar spot to Hawaii that year. If he looks good yeah he is 1st QB off the board still doesnt make him sure bet. Just easy the best QB in a suspect class same as Geno here IMO. Anther Big East QB that had monster stats until they moved to the Big 12. Then he was facing LSU, TCU, Texas, and Oaklahoma looking not so great.

If EJ Manuel or Nassib don't fall to the Jets in the second round they will take Zack Dyssert in the third or fourth. Either way a QB will be drafted this year!!!

I'd like a qb as a backup that has a greater upside than McElroy. I don't think it would be wrong to take one as a 3rd through 7th round prospect. With that said if the jets believe there is a franchise qb in this draft I think they should take one as early as possible.

Let's say the Jets draft a QB....

DOES ANYONE HERE BELIEVE THAT REX IS GOING TO BENCH SANCHEZ FOR AN UNPROVEN ROOK?

No matter if the Jets draft a QB now or next season, WE WON'T SEE HIM ON THE FIELD UNTIL THE FOLLOWING YEAR.

End of story.

(besides, I do NOT want a Rookie QB "learning" how to suck from Sanchez)

All Pro
    And just who is this mystery man QB? Also, tell me who this QB will throw to, hand off to, and even more important, who's his blockers.
    Throwing to Holmes, Kerley, Hill. They might pick up another WR and probably a TE, maybe in the 1st round, but they can find a quality starting caliber player in the 2nd or 3rd round as well. Maybe even the 4th round. It's a pretty deep position this year.

RBs... Goodson, who I think is going to be pretty good Powell and McKnight. Not superstars but the young guys all can play and have potential. We really don't know much about them right now. I think one of them will step up this year. Also, the rumors about Ivory might turn into something, there's another guy in the mix (hopefully 5th or 6th round pick) who has potential.

The OL will most likely be addressed with at least one draft pick, including one of the first two picks in the first round. Adding a starting RT or OG would make a big difference next year. Howard wasn't awful last year and he showed signs of improvement.

This team has enough to be dangerous with a good QB right now.

All League
    I disagree with the notion that having a QB in place this year(albeit a terrible one) should preclude the Jets from drafting a QB this year if they love one of the QB's and can get him without reaching. If you look at a lot of the prime signal callers in the NFL over the past 5 years or so, some of them sat for at least a year, if not more. Rogers, Brees, Brady all sat. Now some of the top tier QB's played right away as well, so there is no "best way" to approach it, but with the cost of a drafted QB, especially a 2nd or 3rd rounder, there is no reason sitting them a year to learn and watch should be out of the discussion.

If the Jets really have a QB they think can be a top tier NFL QB, and he's there in the 2nd round, if they pull the trigger, I'll be fine with it. If they aren't 100% sold on any of them, or if they have to reach to get him before they have him valued, then move along and see what you can do next year.

Personally, the above scenario, for me personally, would be getting Nassib in the 2nd round and he rides the pine and learns for a year. If he's not there, then move on. The one problem that can arise in that scenario(other than the player not panning out) is that Rex presumably gets fired, and a new offense is installed in the offseason, and the year or learning would not be as beneficial as it may have been, but I still would sign off on it even with that scenario likely to happen. Just my thoughts, lots of different ways to view this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Let's say the Jets draft a QB....

DOES ANYONE HERE BELIEVE THAT REX IS GOING TO BENCH SANCHEZ FOR AN UNPROVEN ROOK?

No matter if the Jets draft a QB now or next season, WE WON'T SEE HIM ON THE FIELD UNTIL THE FOLLOWING YEAR.

End of story.

Oh if Sanchez plays like last year which is more probable than not you don't think his ass is getting benched?

QB's this yr I Like

Jones
    Manuel
    Renfree
    Bray
    Glennon

Next yr I Like

Boyd
    Bridgewater
    Manziel