Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 151

Thread: NO QB'S THIS DRAFT, JETS!!!!

  1. #121
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,453
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    If EJ Manuel or Nassib don't fall to the Jets in the second round they will take Zack Dyssert in the third or fourth. Either way a QB will be drafted this year!!!
    ^This

  2. #122
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    You need to pay more attention to the NFL now... It's not like the days when you were younger.


    Peyton Manning took rosters far worse than this to 4 loss seasons. Luck shows up and takes a garbage team to the playoffs.

    QB is everything in the NFL. I know it sucks to minimize the other positions, but that is where the league is at now.

    With Rex, you get a defense guaranteed to be in the top 15, probably top 10. You have a top 10 QB and you are going to the playoffs.
    Exactly, put a top 10 QB on the Jets and we are going to at least 9/10 wins in a weak AFC. I refuse to believe that not a single QB in this class has the potential to become a top 10 QB. That doesn't make sense.

  3. #123
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,453
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Look at them all. It's like a mob of confused soldiers.... "quar-ter-back! quar-ter-back! quar-ter-back!"
    and then there is you, who recklessly assumes that we will be in position to get Bridgewater (doubtful) or would be willing to do a Ditka-like trade to move up for him. Or would roll the dice on the small Manziel. The rest of the 2014 QB crop is not necessarily better than this years.

    That's a huge risk you are willing to take. Thank God you are not GM. We will draft a QB this draft, hopefully after the 2d round, IMO.

  4. #124
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,453
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    All this is irrelevant if you don't believe there's franchise potential in this draft class. It's no secret this draft is short on talent in the QB department.. I REFUSE to draft a QB just because "Mark is Bad"... that's bush league. Call Jeff George out of retirement, I don't give a sh*t... don't waste my draft picks on pickle-players.
    This year's draft has limited QB talent at the top, but plenty of mid level talent. Next year has 2 QBs at the top (well, Manziel may not be near the top, but is 2d on the QB list after Bridgewater.) The rest is pretty much the equivalent of this year. Idzik has to draft a QB in both years.

  5. #125
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,453
    Post Thanks / Like
    this thread is so illogical, it's driving me crazy. Add to that the foolishness was started by Sooth and I am shocked. I better get out of this one. I feel more strongly about drafting a QB in the mid rounds than ever. Next year, if we are in position to pick Bridgewater, then take him too. Or if we trade half the 2014 draft to move up to get him and end up with a thin, Tannenbaumish draft scenario. Pure lunacy to make assumptions about our draft position next season. It's not even negligent. It's downright reckless.

  6. #126
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    this thread is so illogical, it's driving me crazy. Add to that the foolishness was started by Sooth and I am shocked. I better get out of this one. I feel more strongly about drafting a QB in the mid rounds than ever. Next year, if we are in position to pick Bridgewater, then take him too. Or if we trade half the 2014 draft to move up to get him and end up with a thin, Tannenbaumish draft scenario. Pure lunacy to make assumptions about our draft position next season. It's not even negligent. It's downright reckless.
    That and the large amount of posters who seemingly have zero idea or are being blissfully ignorant that the QB position has the least amount of talent out of any position on our roster. A guy who ranked in the mid-30s among QBs that played significant snaps last year, an aging injury prone vet who hasn't played since 2010, and a former 7th round pick who took 11 sacks in his first career start. That's the depth chart.

    Plus you know the same guys screaming not to take QB this year will be the same ones flipping out after we trot Sanchez out there in week 1 and he throws 3 picks. They'll be calling Idzik a fool for not addressing the QB position other than Garrard (who already will have gotten re-injured in training camp and be on IR)

  7. #127
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    165
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    If EJ Manuel or Nassib don't fall to the Jets in the second round they will take Zack Dyssert in the third or fourth. Either way a QB will be drafted this year!!!
    The second round is where the Jets will pick their QB, and I couuld live with either Nassib or Manuel.

  8. #128
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely against drafting a QB this draft regardless of value. If one is selected, there is no way that Idzik allows him to play in 2013.

    This is Mark Sanchez year. Only after Mark and Santonio are relieved in 2014, and the team relieved of those horrendous contracts that Tranny begifted us with, will Idzik have the freedom to field his guys....and more than likely his HC.

    Im not saying this draft isnt important, its HUGE, but not for the QB position. Idzik needs to build the team to a point where in 2014 and a new legitimate QB are installed, all the surrounding pieces are already in place.

  9. #129
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,603
    Post Thanks / Like
    EJ Manuel.

    Other than that, no.

  10. #130
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    EJ Manuel IF he's still available in Rounds 3 or later.

    Other than that, no.
    FYP.

  11. #131
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,446
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would be nice if we got 4 or 5 solid players in this years draft. Whether we draft a QB or not might cost a solid starter. I'm not educated enough on this QB class to say yes or no to making that call; however, I was very impressed with EJ Manuel in his last bowl game. I understand he has issues but for a second round pick I would give him a lot of consideration.

  12. #132
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no problem with the Jets taking a chance on a QB they like in the middle rounds. If the last few years in the NFL have taught us anything, it's that legitimate QBs can be found anywhere. I agree, however, that they shouldn't reach for anyone. We really need to hit on our top picks this year.

  13. #133
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Folks, it's clear this is a cap clearing rebuilding stop-gap year.

    The QB's we currently have on the roster (minus Tebow who will be gone soon) will get us through the year.

    Being there are no franchise type QB's in this draft it makes sense to load up on other areas we are lacking (LB, DE, OL, TE, S...etc).

    Drafting any QB this draft would be a wasted pick IMO.

    Shore up other areas and build with talented youth.
    Please move to the draft forum.














































  14. #134
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Definitely against drafting a QB this draft regardless of value. If one is selected, there is no way that Idzik allows him to play in 2013.

    This is Mark Sanchez year. Only after Mark and Santonio are relieved in 2014, and the team relieved of those horrendous contracts that Tranny begifted us with, will Idzik have the freedom to field his guys....and more than likely his HC.

    Im not saying this draft isnt important, its HUGE, but not for the QB position. Idzik needs to build the team to a point where in 2014 and a new legitimate QB are installed, all the surrounding pieces are already in place.
    Could not have said it better myself, except for the HC part.

  15. #135
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    You don't win without a good QB in this league so I have no idea why anyone would say not to draft a QB.
    If Peyton Manning was the quarterback of this team next year he might win 4 games. Wait another year.

  16. #136
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thought I had was that if Idzik totally ignores QB (nothing in round 4 or earlier), the "fire Rex Ryan" crowd should be thrilled. Talk about being set up to fail: your options at QB are Sanchez and/or Garrard. And then imagine if Garrard gets hurt in training camp (entirely possible). Maybe that's what Idzik wants though...

  17. #137
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,167
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    this thread is so illogical, it's driving me crazy. Add to that the foolishness was started by Sooth and I am shocked. I better get out of this one. I feel more strongly about drafting a QB in the mid rounds than ever. Next year, if we are in position to pick Bridgewater, then take him too. Or if we trade half the 2014 draft to move up to get him and end up with a thin, Tannenbaumish draft scenario. Pure lunacy to make assumptions about our draft position next season. It's not even negligent. It's downright reckless.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    That and the large amount of posters who seemingly have zero idea or are being blissfully ignorant that the QB position has the least amount of talent out of any position on our roster. A guy who ranked in the mid-30s among QBs that played significant snaps last year, an aging injury prone vet who hasn't played since 2010, and a former 7th round pick who took 11 sacks in his first career start. That's the depth chart.

    Plus you know the same guys screaming not to take QB this year will be the same ones flipping out after we trot Sanchez out there in week 1 and he throws 3 picks. They'll be calling Idzik a fool for not addressing the QB position other than Garrard (who already will have gotten re-injured in training camp and be on IR)
    Don't forget the people who are essentially saying "take the best player available in each round...unless that player is a QB!"

    People who state that there is NO QB in this draft worth a damn are basically saying that they've personally evaluated every single QB in this draft to a degree where they feel comfortable making a decision about their pro future.

    I know the scouts for the Jets have done that. Not as confident that it's been done by people who have time in their day to post on a message board (though I admit that some know their stuff).

  18. #138
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Don't forget the people who are essentially saying "take the best player available in each round...unless that player is a QB!"

    People who state that there is NO QB in this draft worth a damn are basically saying that they've personally evaluated every single QB in this draft to a degree where they feel comfortable making a decision about their pro future.

    I know the scouts for the Jets have done that. Not as confident that it's been done by people who have time in their day to post on a message board (though I admit that some know their stuff).
    For me, why even risk a mid round QB panning out when there are such glaring holes elsewhere on the roster?

    Mark Sanchez is getting paid 12 mil....might as well play him while the rest of the team builds for the next true shot at a run in 2014 or 2015.

    Im waiting for next year to be a top 10 pick, and grab a blue chipper QB. Its by no means a lock, but i think its safer than finding a diamond in the rough in the mid rounds.

  19. #139
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    For me, why even risk a mid round QB panning out when there are such glaring holes elsewhere on the roster?

    Mark Sanchez is getting paid 12 mil....might as well play him while the rest of the team builds for the next true shot at a run in 2014 or 2015.

    Im waiting for next year to be a top 10 pick, and grab a blue chipper QB. Its by no means a lock, but i think its safer than finding a diamond in the rough in the mid rounds.
    So waiting until next year, hoping the team is terrible and gets a top 3 pick, then hoping that one of the QBs next year is worth tanking a whole season for... this is a safer plan than picking a guy you like this year and trying to develop him?

    Sorry, I just can't understand that line of thinking. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 04-24-2013 at 04:02 PM.

  20. #140
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    So waiting until next year, hoping the team is terrible and gets a top 3 pick, then hoping that one of the QBs next year is worth tanking a whole season for is a safer plan than picking a guy you like this year and trying to develop him?

    Sorry, I just can't understand that line of thinking. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Honestly ive never hoped for a loss, but yes, id like to see a 3-4 win season. I realize how that sounds...

    Im getting old, and i hope to see a true, legitimate franchise qb with the Jets leading us to a SB before i pass.

    While taking a QB top 10 is certainly no lock( i do understand that) is it not safer than just taking the best available qb in a mid round in hopes of developing him? Add in the new rookie cap, i think it buffers the risk even more to take a big name, big armed blue chipper next year.

    We have Mark Sanchez...he is getting paid 12 million....play him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us