Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NO QB'S THIS DRAFT, JETS!!!!

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images

NO QB'S THIS DRAFT, JETS!!!!

Folks, it's clear this is a cap clearing rebuilding stop-gap year.

The QB's we currently have on the roster (minus Tebow who will be gone soon) will get us through the year.

Being there are no franchise type QB's in this draft it makes sense to load up on other areas we are lacking (LB, DE, OL, TE, S...etc).

Drafting any QB this draft would be a wasted pick IMO.

Shore up other areas and build with talented youth.

You don't win without a good QB in this league so I have no idea why anyone would say not to draft a QB.

Unless they've watched each guy and fully decided that they aren't going to be any good.

Get Manuel... And behind him would be Glennon for me. Nobody else worth taking in my mind because the others will fail.

SOOTH, if Sanchez trots onto the field, I will turn off the TV. I can't watch another year of him throwing pick sixes or making other dumb throws.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    You don't win without a good QB in this league so I have no idea why anyone would say not to draft a QB.

Unless they've watched each guy and fully decided that they aren't going to be any good.

Get Manuel... And behind him would be Glennon for me. Nobody else worth taking in my mind because the others will fail.
    No QB in this draft is even close to being a slam dunk. We're likely going to be in a position next season to get a QB who has much more talent. Save the pick and use it to shore up one of our other MANY lacking areas.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    SOOTH, if Sanchez trots onto the field, I will turn off the TV. I can't watch another year of him throwing pick sixes or making other dumb throws.
    No QB on the current roster is taking you anywhere.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Sorry to say but I would get used to watching Sunday Bowling on ESPN then if I were you.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    No QB in the NFL could take this team anywhere. FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    No QB in this draft is even close to being a slam dunk. We're likely going to be in a position next season to get a QB who has much more talent. Save the pick and use it to shore up one of our other MANY lacking areas.
    As someone who watches these guys as close as it gets, I really don't see Manziel being anything. Bridgewater maybe, but he's as big a maybe as many of these guys.

The obvious guys like Luck only come around once in a decade. Until that happens again, you take ANY guy you believe has a good chance at being a top 10 QB.

I think Manuel is that guy in this draft. Glennon has a lesser chance of hitting that level. Either of those guys I would fully consider.

Veteran
    In no way would I draft a QB before the 4th round in this draft. I'd like to grab Glennon or maybe the kid from Duke. But nothing before the 4th round

You need to pay more attention to the NFL now... It's not like the days when you were younger.

Peyton Manning took rosters far worse than this to 4 loss seasons. Luck shows up and takes a garbage team to the playoffs.

QB is everything in the NFL. I know it sucks to minimize the other positions, but that is where the league is at now.

With Rex, you get a defense guaranteed to be in the top 15, probably top 10. You have a top 10 QB and you are going to the playoffs.

if the team likes a guy in the later rounds you should take him

All Pro
    How do we really know if next years QB class is going to be significantly better? And how would anybody ever know why the Jets are going to likely be in a position to get one?

Even with a terrible Mark Sanchez and no Revis last year, they won 6 games. I don't think they will be a whole lot worse this season. Lets say 5 wins. That isn't going to bring the #1 pick, probably not top 3.

If there is a guy they really like, it is very dumb to pass him up IMO.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Everyone needs to come to terms with the fact that we are stuck with Sanchez for one more year with Garrard or another veteran they bring in mopping up when he fails.

That's just the way it's going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    In no way would I draft a QB before the 4th round in this draft. I'd like to grab Glennon or maybe the kid from Duke. But nothing before the 4th round
    Then you may as well say you don't want Glennon because he won't be there in the 4th round. If the world exploded he'd have a chance at being there in the 3rd, but that's as far as it goes for him.

First off, welcome aboard. You're not afraid of the truth and we can use more of that around here.

You are going to be called names by a few posters, but don't let them get to you. The mods here are really good and if you PM them they'll help you out.

SAR I

Everyone needs to come to terms with the fact that we are stuck with Sanchez for one more year with Garrard or another veteran they bring in mopping up when he fails.

That's just the way it's going to be.
    Nope. You need at accept the fact that the team is going to take a QB with one of their first 3 picks.

And Sanchez will be riding the bench.

The team didn't spend a handful of their 30 predraft visits on the QB position to waste their time.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Neither is anyone in the draft. not in 2013

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    How do we really know if next years QB class is going to be significantly better? And how would anybody ever know why the Jets are going to likely be in a position to get one?

Even with a terrible Mark Sanchez and no Revis last year, they won 6 games. I don't think they will be a whole lot worse this season. Lets say 5 wins. That isn't going to bring the #1 pick, probably not top 3.
    If Sanchez was not on the roster I would have a total different thought process. However, with him not going anywhere and all the other holes, wasting a pick on a QB just hurts development in other areas we are sorely in need of help.

Anyone that takes a look at our gutted roster can't argue this.

Jets Insider VIP
    You guys may not want a QB this year, but I'd be surprised if we don't draft one within the first 3 rounds.

My money would be on either Manuel or Nassib being a Jet by Friday.

Wouldn't be surprised if we took Geno at #9 or #13 either.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Neither is anyone in the draft. not in 2013
    +1000