Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NO QB'S THIS DRAFT, JETS!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Definitely against drafting a QB this draft regardless of value. If one is selected, there is no way that Idzik allows him to play in 2013.

This is Mark Sanchez year. Only after Mark and Santonio are relieved in 2014, and the team relieved of those horrendous contracts that Tranny begifted us with, will Idzik have the freedom to field his guys....and more than likely his HC.

Im not saying this draft isnt important, its HUGE, but not for the QB position. Idzik needs to build the team to a point where in 2014 and a new legitimate QB are installed, all the surrounding pieces are already in place.
    +10000.

Something that most fans here don't understand : Mark Sanchez unfortunately is going to start and even when he struggles, Rex will NOT bench him until the Jets are out of the playoff hunt(maybe not even then). So why not wait until Mark is gone before drafting a QB where we KNOW he will get his opportunity?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    +10000.

Something that most fans here don't understand : Mark Sanchez unfortunately is going to start and even when he struggles, Rex will NOT bench him until the Jets are out of the playoff hunt(maybe not even then). So why not wait until Mark is gone before drafting a QB where we KNOW he will get his opportunity?

Sure you know all of this how? Because Rex wouldn't bench Sanchez for 2 guys who more than he did?

You don't just give him a chance because he sucks. And only the most clueless of all fans believe that a team tanks an NFL season as a plan.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    So waiting until next year, hoping the team is terrible and gets a top 3 pick, then hoping that one of the QBs next year is worth tanking a whole season for... this is a safer plan than picking a guy you like this year and trying to develop him?

Sorry, I just can't understand that line of thinking. Maybe I'm missing something.
    You and me both. It's border line insanity.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    +10000.

your entire premise is based on your assumption that Rex will again play Sanchez no matter what. I don't see that happening.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    your entire premise is based on your assumption that Rex will again play Sanchez no matter what. I don't see that happening.
    LOL, he has a tattoo of him on his arm for crying out loud!
    More importantly, he is making 12 million dollars, and his current back ups are Dave Garrard, whom was decent 6 years ago, and Gmac.

Oh, hes starting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. NO QBs. Not this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I'll save this post and bring it up again when it's the final week of the season and Mark is still starting QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO QB'S THIS DRAFT, JETS!!!!
    - SOOTHSAYER

So much for that hope, my friend.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll save this post and bring it up again when it's the final week of the season and Mark is still starting QB.
    So much for this one too.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    damn this is so disappointing

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    My wife doesn't listen to me, why would the Jets?