Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 151

Thread: NO QB'S THIS DRAFT, JETS!!!!

  1. #21
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,485
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    First off, welcome aboard. You're not afraid of the truth and we can use more of that around here.

    You are going to be called names by a few posters, but don't let them get to you. The mods here are really good and if you PM them they'll help you out.

    SAR I
    Reminds me, your payment is late.

  2. #22
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,438
    Images
    38635
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    You guys may not want a QB this year, but I'd be surprised if we don't draft one within the first 3 rounds.

    My money would be on either Manuel or Nassib being a Jet by Friday.

    Wouldn't be surprised if we took Geno at #9 or #13 either.
    That would be completely asinine. If this happens, ship Idzik right back to Seattle because he has sh*t for brains.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Get Manuel... And behind him would be Glennon for me. Nobody else worth taking in my mind because the others will fail.
    I'm more in the don't draft a QB [high] in this draft camp but I have to admit the Manuel is really growing on me. I always knew he had all the physical tools but he has really impressed me in his post season interviews.

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,061
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Everyone needs to come to terms with the fact that we are stuck with Sanchez for one more year with Garrard or another veteran they bring in mopping up when he fails.

    That's just the way it's going to be.
    And most likely 2 years to get back on track, maybe more with a rookie QB eventually in the mix, most likely more.

  5. #25
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,438
    Images
    38635
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    First off, welcome aboard. You're not afraid of the truth and we can use more of that around here.

    You are going to be called names by a few posters, but don't let them get to you. The mods here are really good and if you PM them they'll help you out.

    SAR I
    lol

    Someone check if Hell is Frozen. SAR and I agree. It only took a decade.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    No QB on the current roster is taking you anywhere.
    I know. But I just can't watch Sanchez any more.

    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Sorry to say but I would get used to watching Sunday Bowling on ESPN then if I were you.
    I may start up a quilting circle.

    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    No QB in the NFL could take this team anywhere. FACT.
    Truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    First off, welcome aboard. You're not afraid of the truth and we can use more of that around here.

    You are going to be called names by a few posters, but don't let them get to you. The mods here are really good and if you PM them they'll help you out.

    SAR I
    LOL.

  7. #27
    There might not be an RGIII for us in this year's draft, but maybe we'll get our Kirk Cousins - a bargain in the middle of the draft who at worst is our "backup QB of the future", and possibly more. We get a year to evaluate him, and can still draft a franchise QB in 2014 if the guy's not good enough to be one.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,135
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    That would be completely asinine. If this happens, ship Idzik right back to Seattle because he has sh*t for brains.
    Allow me to quote one of the best, most insightful, most level-headed posts on this forum in the past couple months...


    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    When it comes to QBs, I'm of the belief that you only draft blue chip prospects. The hit rate on non-1st round QBs is absurdly low. A couple months ago I posted a list of all the QBs taken after the 1st round, going back to the Drew Brees draft. There were 5 or 6 good ones, including the undrafted Romo, out of almost 100 QBs. It's throwing away a draft pick that could be spent on a position where you have a much better chance of finding a good player.


    When you want a QB, you do what we did in '09 (unsuccessfully) or what the Redskins did last year (successfully). You pay whatever it costs to move into the top 5 and take a top-rated QB. Even then, you've only got a 50:50 shot of it panning out, but that's way better than the 8% chance you'd have taking a shot at one of these mid-round prospects.


    And as far as this draft goes: The QBs are bad. Stop trying to find a way around this fact (and it is a fact, there's 1 QB with a 1st round grade). We've got a lot of people with QB hunger pains that will take any QB, just to make the hunger go away.

    The goal is not to acquire a QB that is better than Mark Sanchez, which a couple of these guys could be. The goal is to acquire a good QB, which none of these guys are right now, and probably never will be.

    This year's QB crop is almost exactly like the 2010 group, only Geno Smith isn't a Sam Bradford level prospect. Sure, Bradford hasn't panned out, but that doesn't change the fact that he was an elite prospect. People say there's got to be a good QB in this draft? Really? Who was the good QB in 2010?

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,352
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    That would be completely asinine. If this happens, ship Idzik right back to Seattle because he has sh*t for brains.
    Why?

    I have no idea where you guys are getting this idea that next years QB class is so much better than this one.

    Outside of Bridgewater, there are no bluechip prospects in the 2014 draft either. And unless we end up with a Top 2 or 3 pick, we aren't getting him.

    A lot of people are assuming we'll be god awful this year. But would it really surprise anyone if we eek out 8 or 9 wins and are picking in the 15-22 range?

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    If Sanchez was not on the roster I would have a total different thought process. However, with him not going anywhere and all the other holes, wasting a pick on a QB just hurts development in other areas we are sorely in need of help.

    Anyone that takes a look at our gutted roster can't argue this.
    So you want them to pass on a QB they really like because Sanchez is on the team for another year and because David Garrard is here too?

    They could just let that guy sit for a year while this circus plays out.

    None of the other needs even approach the importance of QB. They can get more OL or WR or S or LB help with other picks this year and next as well.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,061
    TE is important, I don't know where Ivory sits but if they can get him here they can concentrate on more important things.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Outside of Bridgewater, there are no bluechip prospects in the 2014 draft either. And unless we end up with a Top 2 or 3 pick, we aren't getting him.
    Then we do everything to get up there to take Bridgewater. I'm OK with that, especially if we use THIS draft to acquire talent and depth to back up Teddy.

    Think about it...

    1--there's a reasonable chance we're picking in the top 10 next year. with or without Manuel (or insert shleppy prospect). Can we really say No to bridgewater because we spend a 2nd on Manuel? we're damned if we do, damned if we don't. Nobody drafted this year will likely see the field in 2013. So you've spend a pick on a QB who you have no idea what they look on the field and now you have to make a choice about a franchise QB in the draft.

    2-- If we do take Teddy next year, wouldn't you want him to inherit a team that's been develop a full roster of players ready to rock? Shouldn't we be planning for that now?

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,095
    Been saying it for months. This is a meat and potatoes draft. The dessert will come next year.

    365 days from now we might be choosing between Clowney and Bridgewater. Decisions, decisions.

  14. #34
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,438
    Images
    38635
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    So you want them to pass on a QB they really like because Sanchez is on the team for another year and because David Garrard is here too?

    They could just let that guy sit for a year while this circus plays out.

    None of the other needs even approach the importance of QB. They can get more OL or WR or S or LB help with other picks this year and next as well.
    In my analysis (and I know you disagree) I see no QB that is worth picking with so many other holes to fill. And yes, being stuck with Sanchez and his $8MM salary certainly does play a part in this decision.
    Last edited by THE_SOOTHSAYER; 04-23-2013 at 05:36 PM.

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Then we do everything to get up there to take Bridgewater. I'm OK with that, especially if we use THIS draft to acquire talent and depth to back up Teddy.

    Think about it...

    1--there's a reasonable chance we're picking in the top 10 next year. with or without Manuel (or insert shleppy prospect). Can we really say No to bridgewater because we spend a 2nd on Manuel? we're damned if we do, damned if we don't. Nobody drafted this year will likely see the field in 2013. So you've spend a pick on a QB who you have no idea what they look on the field and now you have to make a choice about a franchise QB in the draft.

    2-- If we do take Teddy next year, wouldn't you want him to inherit a team that's been develop a full roster of players ready to rock? Shouldn't we be planning for that now?
    If Jax, Buf, Cle, Phi, TB or any one of a number of teams with terrible to average QBs is worse than the Jets, there is probably no price great enough to pass on a superstar QB prospect.

    Big gamble.

  16. #36
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Then we do everything to get up there to take Bridgewater. I'm OK with that, especially if we use THIS draft to acquire talent and depth to back up Teddy.

    Think about it...

    1--there's a reasonable chance we're picking in the top 10 next year. with or without Manuel (or insert shleppy prospect). Can we really say No to bridgewater because we spend a 2nd on Manuel? we're damned if we do, damned if we don't. Nobody drafted this year will likely see the field in 2013. So you've spend a pick on a QB who you have no idea what they look on the field and now you have to make a choice about a franchise QB in the draft.

    2-- If we do take Teddy next year, wouldn't you want him to inherit a team that's been develop a full roster of players ready to rock? Shouldn't we be planning for that now?
    If someone like Oakland or Jacksonville is picking in the Top 2 and want Bridgewater, then they'll tell us to go f*ck ourselves regardless of the offer we make.

    They need a QB too, and they aren't passing up a damn good prospect for a few extra draft picks.

  17. #37
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,438
    Images
    38635
    Keep in mind that no one has any idea how many Blue Chip QB's may develop between now and next April. It's a long and large college season. Right now it's slim to no pickings.

  18. #38
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,433
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    You don't win without a good QB in this league so I have no idea why anyone would say not to draft a QB.

    Unless they've watched each guy and fully decided that they aren't going to be any good.


    Get Manuel... And behind him would be Glennon for me. Nobody else worth taking in my mind because the others will fail.
    As I said before...if Idzik gets fired please don't apply for the gm job.....ur thoughts and ideas are just dumb.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,352
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    If Jax, Buf, Cle, Phi, TB or any one of a number of teams with terrible to average QBs is worse than the Jets, there is probably no price great enough to pass on a superstar QB prospect.

    Big gamble.
    Exactly

  20. #40
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,433
    Sanchez or no Sanchez....this qb class is and will go down as one of the worst ever!!!! No qb this year!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us