Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NO QB'S THIS DRAFT, JETS!!!!

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    This team has enough to be dangerous with a good QB right now.
    Dude, what are you smoking? Look at our roster and say above again without either bursting out in laughter or tears.

This team is completely shredded. We're as close to an expansion team as it gets.

We're the '76 Bucs.

Fast Forward to 7:08 and see the 2013 Jets.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nc_D7at2Y-Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by THE_SOOTHSAYER; 04-23-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Then we do everything to get up there to take Bridgewater. I'm OK with that, especially if we use THIS draft to acquire talent and depth to back up Teddy.

Think about it...

1--there's a reasonable chance we're picking in the top 10 next year. with or without Manuel (or insert shleppy prospect). Can we really say No to bridgewater because we spend a 2nd on Manuel? we're damned if we do, damned if we don't. Nobody drafted this year will likely see the field in 2013. So you've spend a pick on a QB who you have no idea what they look on the field and now you have to make a choice about a franchise QB in the draft.

2-- If we do take Teddy next year, wouldn't you want him to inherit a team that's been develop a full roster of players ready to rock? Shouldn't we be planning for that now?
    Exactly! Build up the line. Get some skill guys. Have the offense play in the new system for a year. So when you draft a new QB next year you are giving him his best chance to succeed. And you aren't wasting one of his rookie contract years during an obvious blow it up mulligan season.

Otherwise if you draft a guy this year everyone has to learn the offense. You still don't have 2 starting caliber OGs or a te or a #1 wr. By the end of the season the kid's confidence could be shot, like sanchez, if he's getting sacked often and has no faith because in his wrs and tes are running the wrong routes cause they don't know the plays. While playing for a head coach who only cares about the opposing team's offense.

Also you don't get a new QB or HC this year so that Rex and Mark soak up the suck and the fans rage during this season. The savior QB and HC come in next year.
    Last edited by AmericanMadman; 04-23-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

There are far too many holes to fill to be worried about the QB position for this season. If Idzik were to go after a QB with all the holes on that roster, he would be foolish.

I dont blame last year on Sanchez. Any QB including Brady would have sucked with the lack of talent on that offense. Build a team before plugging in a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Exactly
    Very true. No team next year will allow us to pick the one QB we may covet...or even the second best QB for that matter. The next best guy may be no better than one of the QB's from this crop. No one knows how good these guys will be, whether they want to admit it or not. You have to keep trying to land a QB. It doesn't cost as much as it used to, so you can use a top pick and not kill your cap.

Cool

Pretty sad when the CEO of this website is basically saying our team is going to suck this year. Thank God players and coaches don't subscribe to this woe-is-me attitude. Don't tell me about realistic, either. The reality is that teams go up and down every year, and if the Jets can get decent production from the QB position and cut turnover's in half...both attainable goals...this team will contend for a playoff spot. That's the truth. I think I'll hope for a realistic positive season, thank you.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This team has enough to be dangerous with a good QB right now.
    Name ONE player on the offense other than Mangold, who is a top 10 at his position. Go ahead, I dare you. This offense has NO TALENT for any QB to work with.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Pretty sad when the CEO of this website is basically saying our team is going to suck this year. Thank God players and coaches don't subscribe to this woe-is-me attitude. Don't tell me about realistic, either. The reality is that teams go up and down every year, and if the Jets can get decent production from the QB position and cut turnover's in half...both attainable goals...this team will contend for a playoff spot. That's the truth. I think I'll hope for a realistic positive season, thank you.
    Dude, do you think I enjoy this? I'm sick.

After running this site and following this team inside for 14 years I think I have a pretty good perception of things.

I would love to be wrong but unless the brass pulls multiple rabbits out of their asses over the next 3 months, this will be very long year. Brace yourself.

If you're looking for an unrealistic love-fest. you've come to the wrong place.

Sorry.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Dude, what are you smoking? Look at our roster and say above again without either bursting out in laughter or tears.

This team is completely shredded. We're as close to an expansion team as it gets.

We're the '76 Bucs.

Fast Forward to 7:08 and see the 2013 Jets.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nc_D7at2Y-Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Look, I'm not saying these guys are going to be the Greatest Show on Turf.

But if Holmes is back and healthy, he's a clear upgrade over the bums who replaced him last year. Hill has a year under his belt and showed some promise. Kerley has proven to be an effective slot WR, no he's not Welker but he's capable.

The RBs, I think, will be an improvement over last year with the addition of Goodson and the subtraction of Greene.

TE is a big hole. Cumberland has the athleticism to be good but he's an incomplete player right now. The position must be addressed in the draft, preferably early.

QB is the biggest hole of all and is the biggest source of laughs, the main reason why the offense sucks. As I've said, a good QB can score points with these players and a good QB will get a little more out of the OL, which does have two pro bowl players there already.

They won't score 35 points a game.

I think with the right signal caller, they could be league average or slightly better and possibly good enough to get into the playoffs if the defense is very good again.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Look, I'm not saying these guys are going to be the Greatest Show on Turf.

But if Holmes is back and healthy, he's a clear upgrade over the bums who replaced him last year. Hill has a year under his belt and showed some promise. Kerley has proven to be an effective slot WR, no he's not Welker but he's capable.

The RBs, I think, will be an improvement over last year with the addition of Goodson and the subtraction of Greene.

TE is a big hole. Cumberland has the athleticism to be good but he's an incomplete player right now. The position must be addressed in the draft, preferably early.

QB is the biggest hole of all and is the biggest source of laughs, the main reason why the offense sucks. As I've said, a good QB can score points with these players and a good QB will get a little more out of the OL, which does have two pro bowl players there already.

They won't score 35 points a game.

I think with the right signal caller, they could be league average or slightly better and possibly good enough to get into the playoffs if the defense is very good again.
    Even if by some miracle we got a great QB we have...

No starting RB
    Bad Line
    No TE's
    Poor WR's
    Swiss Cheese DL with no Pass rush
    Swiss Cheese LB's
    No safeties
    Suspect CB's
    Bad Special Teams

With all due respect, you are dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    SOOTH, if Sanchez trots onto the field, I will turn off the TV. I can't watch another year of him throwing pick sixes or making other dumb throws.
    Well said.

I'd rather see Tebow play than Sanchez. At least that would be failure that would be entertaining.

Frankly, my preference would be to dump the whole lot we currently have on the roster. Not an NFL-quality player in the bunch.

With that said, I don't want to see the team reach either. No QB's in Rounds 1, 2 or 3.

A flier in 4 or beyond? Fine. But none higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Let's say the Jets draft a QB....

DOES ANYONE HERE BELIEVE THAT REX IS GOING TO BENCH SANCHEZ FOR AN UNPROVEN ROOK?

No matter if the Jets draft a QB now or next season, WE WON'T SEE HIM ON THE FIELD UNTIL THE FOLLOWING YEAR.

End of story.

(besides, I do NOT want a Rookie QB "learning" how to suck from Sanchez)

You think Sanchez even plays this year? I still think Tebow and Simms have a better shot at seeing the field them him. lol I just find it hard to believe he even gets to dress in green this year much less play. Yeah if Rex drafts a QB he starts. Remember Rex saying Mark isnt going to learn to play the game on the bench his rookie year? Rex has no problem at all starting rookies. Especially when they look better then the guy that should be starting. If a rook can beat out Garrard in camp he will start over him. Sanchez IMO isnt even in the picture at this point.

I agree no QB in first two picks for us

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

Hall Of Fame
    We need a podcast.

I completely disagree with the no QB this year philosophy. I am of the school that says if you don't have a great one you get one every year till you do find one. I completely agree that it would be foolish to reach for one at the top of the draft this year but I think it is crazy not to take a flyer on someone on the third day, or even bring some undrafted types in for a look see. Drafting is such an inexact science (and doubly so for QBS) that it is insane not to keep trying. The odds are bad but still better than hoping to be in the right spot to pick up a Luck or a Manning.

And as others have said before me, Rexs' defense will have us winning enough games to keep us from having one of the first picks. No one who has a shot at a sure thing is going to give it up this side of a complete gut job on your draft and no one trades a real franchise qb in his prime. Only shot we have is getting lucky and that won't happen unless we try. Bring in as many people as possible and keep the best ones.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    There are far too many holes to fill to be worried about the QB position for this season. If Idzik were to go after a QB with all the holes on that roster, he would be foolish.

I dont blame last year on Sanchez. Any QB including Brady would have sucked with the lack of talent on that offense. Build a team before plugging in a QB.
    Actually if Suckchez had any accuracy he would have fared better! Excuses will not make him a QB of NFL caliber.

Bill Walsh had it right. Take a QB every year to mine for pure gold! Imagine Young and Montana on the same team!

I think McElroy can beat out Sucky.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 04-23-2013 at 08:40 PM.

All Pro
    When u have no clear cut Starting QB, not looking for 1 in any avenue would be a mistake. If the Pats didn't take a flier on Tom Brady with a 6th round pick, do they have the history they do.

No starting RB
    Bad Line
    No TE's
    Poor WR's
    Swiss Cheese LB's
    No safeties
    Suspect CB's
    Bad Special Teams

Other than that, we're in great shape...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4866746]Actually if Suckchez had any accuracy he would have fared better! Excuses will not make him a QB of NFL caliber.

Bill Walsh had it right. Take a QB every year to mine for pure gold! Imagine Young and Montana on the same
    Team! Garrard will beat out Sucky!

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    We need a podcast.
    You ask, we answer. 8pm tomorrow.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-jetsinsider-radio-show

I challenge anyone to call me and debate this subject. Bring it on!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

No starting RB
    Bad Line
    No TE's
    Poor WR's
    Swiss Cheese LB's
    No safeties
    Suspect CB's
    Bad Special Teams

I'm not expecting too much next season either ... But ...

I feel a couple of those are exaggerations

Holmes is an average #1, hill below average #2 but young and improving still ... Just need some stick-em for those hands, and Kerley is avg-above avg #3 wr

The DL is good

Cro is a solid #1 cb ... I don't love wilson but Rex was able to scheme them to surprisingly not drop to far once we lost revis

I know we've lost Westhoff and specials were not as good last as they'd been ... But without looking it up I thought they were average not bad