Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jarvis Jones says Jets are High on him...............

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Only looked at 2 draft maucks, but they both had the jets uniting with Mingo @ #9.
    If we don't take him at 9, there is a good chance that he will fall to 13 where we scoop him up.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've wanted Jarvis for a while.

(no homo)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I am happy with him at 9

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Jordan>Jarvis>Ziggy>Mingo for me
    Specifically for the Jets, I would argue that is all screwed up. More like:

Mingo=Jordan>Jones>Ansah

Why? Mingo is a better athlete than Jordan and a better pure pass rusher, but Jordan is more versatile in coverage. Jones was highly productive but has questions regarding ceiling and health; Ansah would be better suited as a 4-3 defensive end and he's about as raw as can be. He would be an absolute boom-bust pick, thus last on the list for the Jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw his highlights on youtube.
    Very aggressive does not give up on the play and tries to strip the ball off the opposing player every chance he gets....

He should be wearing our colors by the end of the week...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Living 30 minutes from Athens I Get to see a lot of Georgia games.
    I personally think he is a game changer. He single handly changed the momentum of a few games last year.

I would be perfectly happy with him in green and white.

All the BS about combine numbers aside, the kid is just a football player.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm ok with Jones as a Will if the Jets start playing predominantly a 4-3. If he stands up in a 3-4, he is going to get steamrolled.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    He had one of the most productive seasons for a college rusher in years. Lead the nation in sacks, tackles for a loss while forcing 7 fumbles. His tape is amazing.

I'm ok with it provided they do their homework on his spine.
    The guy's tape is amazing and he's very polished. But Mingo has a higher upside and is quite effective in his role. I would be ok with either but am leaning towards Mingo now.

Austin at 13 is ok but prefer Jets trade down from 13 and pick a guard later, or someone like Fluker later in the first.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Spinal Stenosis is the narrowing of the spaces in the spine that hold the spinal chord I believe. I've never heard of a player not playing because of spinal stenosis but I guess if it gets a lot worse it will lead to pinch nerves and a lot of back problems - but not in a young athlete - it should not effect him till he's at least 35 yrs old. I have major spinal stenosis and as long as I do a few certain exercises every other day I have zero problems - and Im 50 and surf and play softball. I don't think this spinal stenosis should be an issue for Jones.
    I have pretty severe stenosis in my neck, have had 2 surgeries due to it. It is an abnormally narrow spinal canal. The problem is your spinal cord has much less room around it, so potentially minor injuries or herniations are amplified greatly. A person with a normal spinal canal could have a herniated disc and not know it at all because the spinal cord has plenty of room, and therefor is unaffected. Conversely someone with stenosis can have even the most minute herniations cause great pain as well as other symptoms relative to spinal compression (numbness, weakness, loss of function, atrophy, etc). He may be cleared to play but his risk of injury that keeps him off the field is exponentially greater. I would steer clear honestly.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Except Gholston had 14.5 sacks in 13 games in college.
    Sorry, but you can't compare Gholston's game film to Jarvis Jones. There is no comparison. Gholston was not a football player.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I'm ok with Jones as a Will if the Jets start playing predominantly a 4-3. If he stands up in a 3-4, he is going to get steamrolled.
    Jets aren't moving to a 4-3 , and Jones won't be a 4-3 LB in the NFL. He is an edge rusher.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    was def a no go for me after seeing how slow his 40 was and terrible pro day but just got done watching some reels of this guy and he is an animal...hes like a greyhound i guess as long as their is a furry rabbit running in front of him he gets his speed up because he looks fast and explosive on tape to me, def want him at 13 now more than anyone else in the draft..plus a few months ago he was a top 5 pick so could be a steal at 13

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Sorry, but you can't compare Gholston's game film to Jarvis Jones. There is no comparison. Gholston was not a football player.
    Most of the ghosts sacks came against nobodies, he got one sack past jake long & became a hero, lol.
    Watch tape on Jones & watch his hands, the guy is the most polished pass rusher in this draft, instant production!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Specifically for the Jets, I would argue that is all screwed up. More like:

Mingo=Jordan>Jones>Ansah

Why? Mingo is a better athlete than Jordan and a better pure pass rusher, but Jordan is more versatile in coverage. Jones was highly productive but has questions regarding ceiling and health; Ansah would be better suited as a 4-3 defensive end and he's about as raw as can be. He would be an absolute boom-bust pick, thus last on the list for the Jets.
    +1 to everything about this. Ansahs best potential is a 4-3 DE.. Mingos is a weak side stand up edge rusher which he would be for us. He only had 4.5 sacks last year because he was asked to contain most of the time and he still was 2nd in QB pressures in the SEC. He has beast pass rush potential.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Whats interesting is that Mayock lists him as a 4-3 OLB but then talks about him possibly going to 3-4 teams (Jets, Browns, Steelers).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I wonder if Rex told him we were picking him.
    oh God I hope not. Is there no end to Rex's big mouth?