Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It Figures... 12 years waiting, and we take one that's 5'8, 175lbs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

It Figures... 12 years waiting, and we take one that's 5'8, 175lbs

I've been waiting 12 freaking years for this franchise to spend a 1st round pick on a WR. Santana bloody Moss (another skyscraper) was the last time we settled on truly reaching for an elite playmaker at wide out... And when do we decide to do it again?

Not on AJ Greene, or Julio Jones..

Not on Larry F, or Roddy White. Not even on Dez Bryant... Nope.

...I would have sold my soul on draft day for Crabtree. Would knocked up my own Cousin for Floyd last year... But the fateful year I've been waiting for was 2013. The year we finally take-- uhm Tavon??

That's right, Tavon "just call me Percy - only i'm not" Austin.... All 5 foot 8 and 175 pounds of him. Jesus Christ.

Let me be clear - Austin's not a bust. Nor is he going to suck in the NFL... but he's is NOT a blue chip WR. He'll always be a function of the offense he's playing in, and he'll always have to play inside. He's never, ever, ever going to be an X or Z wideout... He's always going to be a slot/role guy... and that's OK...

But that's not what I wanted to see the Jets spend their #9 pick AND That's not the kind of WR i wanted to see the Jets break the 1st round WR drought on...

JI has some absolutely INFLATED and exaggerated expectations about what Austin can do. Forget him spending half the time in the backfield. That's not going to happen in the NFL at his size. Forget him being mr. all purpose threat like Harvin. He's going to look more like McCluster than Harvin when it comes to executing those gimmick plays on Sunday. AKA getting his bell rung.

As long as you all are at peace with drafting a slot guy with speed, then it's all good. Just keep that in mind. Personally I'll be at peace with the pick 20 minutes after it's made, but I really hope this is all a game to get interest in our pick.
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-24-2013 at 01:59 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did we pick him already and I missed something or are you just preparing your post draft rant ??

Why don't you just calm down and see what happens Thursday. The pre-draft rant is a little unnecessary IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    Did we pick him already and I missed something or are you just preparing your post draft rant ??

Why don't you just calm down and see what happens Thursday. The pre-draft rant is a little unnecessary IMO.
    Well what else am I gonna do?! I can't sleep, everywhere i turn, its Mingo this, Austin that. Man...

Tony said tonight that the interest is legit. Obviously that doesn't mean it's a lock, but it probably means he's certainly in play.
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-24-2013 at 02:24 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you not agree with the D. Jackson comparisons, or is that not a good enough player for you? I know you said Austin won't be able to play outside but there's a difference between wasn't asked to and can't. He's thicker than DJ so maybe he'll be a little more durable.

Don't follow CFB so honestly don't know, but that comparison made the idea of getting him a little easier for me to accept . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Well what else am I gonna do?! I can't sleep, everywhere i turn, its Mingo this, Austin that. Man...

Tony said tonight that the interest is legit. Obviously that doesn't mean it's a lock, but it probably means he's certainly in play.
    If Tony said the interest is legit, then we are not taking him. Tony said we would take Ingram in the first last year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he becomes our version of Harvin/Cobb and can return punts and kickoffs for at least the next 5 years who cares where we picked him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    If Tony said the interest is legit, then we are not taking him. Tony said we would take Ingram in the first last year.
    That's b.c the Jets didn't think Coples was going to be available.

Tony is one of the best out there.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been waiting 12 freaking years for this franchise to spend a 1st round pick on a WR. Santana bloody Moss (another skyscraper) was the last time we settled on truly reaching for an elite playmaker at wide out... And when do we decide to do it again?

Not on AJ Greene, or Julio Jones..

Not on Larry F, or Roddy White. Not even on Dez Bryant... Nope.

...I would have sold my soul on draft day for Crabtree. Would knocked up my own Cousin for Floyd last year... But the fateful year I've been waiting for was 2013. The year we finally take-- uhm Tavon??

That's right, Tavon "just call me Percy - only i'm not" Austin.... All 5 foot 8 and 175 pounds of him. Jesus Christ.

Let me be clear - Austin's not a bust. Nor is he going to suck in the NFL... but he's is NOT a blue chip WR. He'll always be a function of the offense he's playing in, and he'll always have to play inside. He's never, ever, ever going to be an X or Z wideout... He's always going to be a slot/role guy... and that's OK...

But that's not what I wanted to see the Jets spend their #9 pick AND That's not the kind of WR i wanted to see the Jets break the 1st round WR drought on...

JI has some absolutely INFLATED and exaggerated expectations about what Austin can do. Forget him spending half the time in the backfield. That's not going to happen in the NFL at his size. Forget him being mr. all purpose threat like Harvin. He's going to look more like McCluster than Harvin when it comes to executing those gimmick plays on Sunday. AKA getting his bell rung.

As long as you all are at peace with drafting a slot guy with speed, then it's all good. Just keep that in mind. Personally I'll be at peace with the pick 20 minutes after it's made, but I really hope this is all a game to get interest in our pick.
    +1

Idzik sucks for picking this bum.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    get off this draft thread

remember...

you're not interested

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you ask me Warmack or Cooper with the first pick. A solid LONG term player who will give us years of play and who will make an immediate impact and start day one.
    Trade down with the TPA 13 if a suitor is available for more picks in the lower rounds and stock up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

I read that the Vikes were trading up and taking him before the Jets pick to replace Harvin..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you can clone Calvin Johnson in time for the draft?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would have knocked up my own Cousin for Floyd last year...
    A big fat ugly cousin or a hot one?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    A big fat ugly cousin or a hot one?
    The one with the tight end..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1

Idzik sucks for picking this bum.

SAR I
    +2

Where the hell is the next Matt Leinart when you need him?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pre-emptive griping..... nice.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe a smoke screen so if available at 13 teams move up to trade

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    +2

Where the hell is the next Matt Leinart when you need him?
    I never saw him play a down because I don't get off on watching sweaty college boys. I wanted Chad Pennington gone. I'd have wanted the Jets to draft my mother at QB if she was eligible.

My Jets Insider VIP money funds a subforum and an entire website dedicated to the draft. Go there:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61

http://www.draftinsider.net/

This is the Landing Strip. We don't like draft talk or draft people here.

SAR I

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never saw him play a down because I don't get off on watching sweaty college boys. I wanted Chad Pennington gone. I'd have wanted the Jets to draft my mother at QB if she was eligible.

My Jets Insider VIP money funds a subforum and an entire website dedicated to the draft. Go there:

SAR I
    It's draft week, calm down sally.

You've been on this board long enough to know that during draft week this is allowed by Sooth.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    So what are you doing in a draft thread?

We could really use another one of your "Rex is a lame duck" or "Idzik is here to do Woody's bidding" bait threads.