Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It Figures... 12 years waiting, and we take one that's 5'8, 175lbs

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    It's draft week, calm down sally.

You've been on this board long enough to know that during draft week this is allowed by Sooth.
    Fine.

Can I request that all draft threads have a NSFW tag in the subject line and they all come down at the end of each round? Something needs to be done to protect those allergic to the draft. Thanks.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I never saw him play a down because I don't get off on watching sweaty college boys. I wanted Chad Pennington gone. I'd have wanted the Jets to draft my mother at QB if she was eligible.

My Jets Insider VIP money funds a subforum and an entire website dedicated to the draft. Go there:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61

http://www.draftinsider.net/

This is the Landing Strip. We don't like draft talk or draft people here.

SAR I
    Clearly the Landing Strip does like draft talk, due to the high amount of draft threads and nobody but you complaining about it.

All Pro
    Yes, why would this team want a speedy playmaking offensive threat who can take it to the house at anytime?

Lets hope Dee Millner slides so we can take another corner.

Brilliant!

Austin=Santana Moss. Pass, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

Let me be clear - Austin's not a bust. Nor is he going to suck in the NFL... but he's is NOT a blue chip WR. He'll always be a function of the offense he's playing in, and he'll always have to play inside. He's never, ever, ever going to be an X or Z wideout... He's always going to be a slot/role guy... and that's OK...
    5'9 WR can't play on the outside? They ALWAYS have to play inside? This guy begs to differ:

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    If Tony said the interest is legit, then we are not taking him. Tony said we would take Ingram in the first last year.
    Could you leave your poli-sci beef with the man out of this? Tony Pauline's well recognized as having the best sources around, and nobody expected Coples to be there when the Jets picked. I'm sure if Luke Joeckel fell to 9, the Jets would be all over him - for value if nothing else - but since that's not really a reasonable assumption (though something unlikely happens every year), you don't factor it into discussions of who the Jets should draft.

In other words, stop being a prick, mm'kay?

I never saw him play a down because I don't get off on watching sweaty college boys. I wanted Chad Pennington gone. I'd have wanted the Jets to draft my mother at QB if she was eligible.

My Jets Insider VIP money funds a subforum and an entire website dedicated to the draft. Go there:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61

http://www.draftinsider.net/

This is the Landing Strip. We don't like draft talk or draft people here.

SAR I
    Funny, judging by the amount of draft talk and the general reaction to your posts, I'd think "This is the Landing Strip. We don't like SAR I here" would be more accurate.

But hey, to each their own, right?

All League
    austin is going to cause a ton of problems for defenses....had a ton of td's last year where defenders never even laid a hand on him...thats called seperation and speed!!! when was the last time we had someone with those talents???

austin with the 9

eifert with the 13.

olb/de in the 2nd

safety/oline help in 3rd or 4th 5th

Austin is not a top 16 guy I wouldnt swet it. If we trade down yeah he is likely in play but not at top 16. You dont take a WR that early unless he is a 6'5 220lb beast that looks like a day one ready starter. 5'8 170LBS "Play makes" dont go that early. I remember the Harvin talk the year he came out and he slipped down the charts easy. I really cant even think of a WR to go top 16 that wasnt at least 6'1. At least not in the modern era.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 04-24-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I've been waiting 12 freaking years for this franchise to spend a 1st round pick on a WR. Santana bloody Moss (another skyscraper) was the last time we settled on truly reaching for an elite playmaker at wide out... And when do we decide to do it again?

Not on AJ Greene, or Julio Jones..

Not on Larry F, or Roddy White. Not even on Dez Bryant... Nope.

...I would have sold my soul on draft day for Crabtree. Would knocked up my own Cousin for Floyd last year... But the fateful year I've been waiting for was 2013. The year we finally take-- uhm Tavon??

That's right, Tavon "just call me Percy - only i'm not" Austin.... All 5 foot 8 and 175 pounds of him. Jesus Christ.

Let me be clear - Austin's not a bust. Nor is he going to suck in the NFL... but he's is NOT a blue chip WR. He'll always be a function of the offense he's playing in, and he'll always have to play inside. He's never, ever, ever going to be an X or Z wideout... He's always going to be a slot/role guy... and that's OK...

But that's not what I wanted to see the Jets spend their #9 pick AND That's not the kind of WR i wanted to see the Jets break the 1st round WR drought on...

JI has some absolutely INFLATED and exaggerated expectations about what Austin can do. Forget him spending half the time in the backfield. That's not going to happen in the NFL at his size. Forget him being mr. all purpose threat like Harvin. He's going to look more like McCluster than Harvin when it comes to executing those gimmick plays on Sunday. AKA getting his bell rung.

As long as you all are at peace with drafting a slot guy with speed, then it's all good. Just keep that in mind. Personally I'll be at peace with the pick 20 minutes after it's made, but I really hope this is all a game to get interest in our pick.
    I like Austin... but not at 9 or 13. He's going to get picked too early. There are other WRs I'd rather the jets select later.

Fine.

Can I request that all draft threads have a NSFW tag in the subject line and they all come down at the end of each round? Something needs to be done to protect those allergic to the draft. Thanks.

SAR I
    This is a Jets board and its draft time. I'm enjoying it. Sorry you're not.

Just ignore it all if it upsets you so much.

AFAIC, the more draft talk the better this week.

Bring it on!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Austin is not a top 16 guy I wouldnt swet it. If we trade down yeah he is likely in play but not at top 16. You dont take a WR that early unless he is a 6'5 220lb beast that looks like a day one ready starter. 5'8 170LBS "Play makes" dont go that early. I remember the Harvin talk the year he came out and he slipped down the charts easy. I really cant even think of a WR to go top 16 that wasnt at least 6'1. At least not in the modern era.
    however much u want to bet...i am on for austin going before 16.

All League
    as a matter of fact, the reason we might not have to worry about drafting him is that buffalo gets him at 8.

Would it really make that much of a difference if we took him at 13 instead of 16?

Jets Insider VIP
    Unless Idzik morphs into something he's not, he'll build from the inside out. That's the approach he's advocated in the past and the right foundation for rebuilding this team. I'm not worried about him drafting a smurf wide receiver with one of the first round picks. It won't happen!

Hall Of Fame
    This is way more efficient: criticize draft picks before they happen.

Someone PM me the winning Powerball numbers.

Curious paradis, if YOU had to choose one, Tavon or cordarrelle. I know you're not high on the latter either. Is there any offensive skill player you'd want at 13?

I ask because I don't think Austin is a sure thing, but i think he represents the best option at where we pick IF we are dead set on a skill player. I'd rather trade down, but if the jets take Austin it will take me about 45 seconds to get behind the pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Curious paradis, if YOU had to choose one, Tavon or cordarrelle. I know you're not high on the latter either. Is there any offensive skill player you'd want at 13?

I ask because I don't think Austin is a sure thing, but i think he represents the best option at where we pick IF we are dead set on a skill player. I'd rather trade down, but if the jets take Austin it will take me about 45 seconds to get behind the pick.
    Not speaking for Paradis, but Eifert could warrant the 13th selection.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Not speaking for Paradis, but Eifert could warrant the 13th selection.
    I would take Patterson or Eifert over Austin.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I would take Patterson or Eifert over Austin.
    Patterson at 13? No way.