Thread: Trade Back with 9ers

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Trade Back with 9ers

I like this scenario if possible.

Trade 9 or 13. I'd prefer 13, but whatever works.

To the 49ers for 31, 34, and 60 I believe it's 60 I could be a few picks off either way. Draft trade numbers might be off too so we might get there 3rd round pick instead of their ;later 2nd).

Anyway if this trade did happen. I am wondering what people think of this.

9. Jarvis Jones OLB
    31. Nassib, Mauel, Barkely QB (one of the qbs that fall. Not thrilled with any but would rather have them then Sanchez).
    34. Jonathon Cyprien S
    39. Keenan Allen, Deandre Hopkins, Justin Hunter WR
    60. Barret Jones G/C

If we were able to do this and get these players or similar type players I think it would be an excellent draft. If Jones is healthy I think he could be a great player for us. One of the qbs is a risk but in the 30s I'm willing to take the risk. Cyprien looks to be a good safety. Be a nice piece. One of the wide receivers will be good too. Jones will come in and start as a guard and people feel he could be a sleeper. Be nice to do this trade and get a good number of contributors.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    amazing

one day before the draft and YOU and you alone have come up with this brilliant trade down scenario not yet mentioned even once at this forum, the landing strip or anywhere else on JI..

I salute you

Your amazing idea deserves a thread of its own also

bravo

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jarvis Jones had production on the field against the best competition. But That said, there are two many risks with picking him, I think the jets would be better off with a safe Cooper or Wamack.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    amazing

one day before the draft and YOU and you alone have come up with this brilliant trade down scenario not yet mentioned even once at this forum, the landing strip or anywhere else on JI..

I salute you

bravo
    I know its been mentioned here and the media. Just wanted to see what people thought of who we can get. Sorry to bother you. Hope your day gets better.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Jarvis Jones had production on the field against the best competition. But That said, there are two many risks with picking him, I think the jets would be better off with a safe Cooper or Wamack.
    I don't disagree with you about the risks of Jones. Something tells me he will be the pick. I'd be thrilled with Cooper or Warmack. I like Cooper better but I'd be happy with either. If we went Cooper then maybe the 34th would be an olb. Either way looking forward to tomorrow to see how it all unfolds.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    By that argument, Dion Jordan and Ezekiel Ansah shouldn't be in the first round.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post

To the 49ers for 31, 34, and 60 I believe it's 60 I could be a few picks off either way. Draft trade numbers might be off too so we might get there 3rd round pick instead of their ;later 2nd).

9. Jarvis Jones OLB
    31. Nassib, Mauel, Barkely QB (one of the qbs that fall. Not thrilled with any but would rather have them then Sanchez).
    34. Jonathon Cyprien S
    60. Barret Jones G/C

If we were able to do this and get these players or similar type players I think it would be an excellent draft. If Jones is healthy I think he could be a great player for us. One of the qbs is a risk but in the 30s I'm willing to take the risk. Cyprien looks to be a good safety. Be a nice piece. One of the wide receivers will be good too. Jones will come in and start as a guard and people feel he could be a sleeper. Be nice to do this trade and get a good number of contributors.
    I really think S is off the table for us right now. Landry will be or buffer and we still have like 4 young guys on the other side. Really feel we dont use a 2-3rd rounder on one. If our GM is serious about adding weapons. RB, TE, and WR will all go before S IMO. If Allen, Hopkins or one of the top 2 TEs are STILL on the board at 34 and we already took a QB that is our pick. no doubt.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I really think S is off the table for us right now. Landry will be or buffer and we still have like 4 young guys on the other side. Really feel we dont use a 2-3rd rounder on one. If our GM is serious about adding weapons. RB, TE, and WR will all go before S IMO. If Allen, Hopkins or one of the top 2 TEs are STILL on the board at 34 and we already took a QB that is our pick. no doubt.
    Dreamers good call. I can see that. I can see us taking Ertz if he is there and then taking a safety like Rambo or Thomspon in the 3rd. Didn't think about that. That's why I think this trade makes sense. With the depth in the late 1st to 3rd round in this draft to acquire more it gives us so much more freedom. Be nice if this could happen.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. I think we can fill the safety spot(s) with quality free agents next year at a lower cost than it will cost to sign impact WR's, RB's and TE's....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dreamers good call. I can see that. I can see us taking Ertz if he is there and then taking a safety like Rambo or Thomspon in the 3rd. Didn't think about that. That's why I think this trade makes sense. With the depth in the late 1st to 3rd round in this draft to acquire more it gives us so much more freedom. Be nice if this could happen.
    Christine Michael if he is there in the 3rd I feel will be our pick. We spent too much time looking at him to pass if he is still on the board. I just dont want to burn a 2nd on him but that could happen.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't waste a pick on a QB just because you don't want Sanchez. Take a QB later. Especially if you're not comfortable with any of them.

The "pick a QB because he's not Sanchez" mentality may set the Jets back another 4 years if they invest in the wrong guy too early. If you take a QB with a 3rd or so, nobody will care, and there will be no pressure. A few of those guys will still be around then.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Don't waste a pick on a QB just because you don't want Sanchez. Take a QB later. Especially if you're not comfortable with any of them.

The "pick a QB because he's not Sanchez" mentality may set the Jets back another 4 years if they invest in the wrong guy too early. If you take a QB with a 3rd or so, nobody will care, and there will be no pressure. A few of those guys will still be around then.
    Another good option. I like Bray or Tyler Wilson in the 3rd. The others are reaches in the 1st round.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

9. Jarvis Jones OLB
    34. Jonathon Cyprien S
    60. Barret Jones G/C

This would be amazing:

9. Ansah OLB
    31. Barkley QB
    34. Ertz TE
    39. Justin Hunter WR
    60. Barrett Jones G/C

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we could make do with Allen and D. Landry, but I really like Cyprien. He looks to be a younger/better Laron (or maybe Pollard is a better comparison). I'd grab him at 39 if he was there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    amazing

I salute you

bravo
    Can you please keep your totally dick posts to the main forum and not sully the draft forum with them? Thanks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

9. Jarvis Jones OLB
    34. Jonathon Cyprien S
    60. Barret Jones G/C

I like your draft overall other than the QB. I simply do not want to draft a QB until the 3rd round at the most and hopefully later. I do like the safety pick, it's a huge weak spot for us right now.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

not the 49'ers

9. Jarvis Jones OLB
    34. Jonathon Cyprien S
    60. Barret Jones G/C

st Louis has 16 and 22
    minn has 23 and 25 I think, why not start with one of them 1st, since your wishing
    Last edited by kennesawjet; 04-24-2013 at 10:40 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about the Jets trading their 9th & 13th picks to the Vikings for their:

*Two 1st Rounders (22) & (25)
    *a 2nd Rounders (52)
    *2014 1st Rounder

this would get the Jets an additional early pick this year, and an extra 1st next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

9. Jarvis Jones OLB
    34. Jonathon Cyprien S
    60. Barret Jones G/C

In this scenario it doesnt make sense to grab the QB at 13. There are no teams really targeting QB past us at 9. Better play would be to wait until the 31st pick and replace either Cyprien with Vaccaro or Allan with Austin or Jones with Warmac/cooper.

Other than that i like it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    What about the Jets trading their 9th & 13th picks to the Vikings for their:

*Two 1st Rounders (22) & (25)
    *a 2nd Rounders (52)
    *2014 1st Rounder

this would get the Jets an additional early pick this year, and an extra 1st next year.
    It's a bit much. Simplify and swap our 13 for their 22 and next year's first. That's a fairly even swap in terms of value. Of course they have no reason to want to do it but if we're just playing a game, that's the way I'd go.