Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets High On QB NAssib

All Pro

Jets High On QB NAssib

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m

Jets had a long dinner with Nassib MT @evansilva: Morhinweg "very high" on Nassib, Bills worried NYJ will take him http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8370/ryan-nassib
    Retweeted by HARGZ™

Does this mean the end of Sanchez in NY? Is it a draft day trade?

I would be happy as a pig in **** if the Bills were forced to take Nassib at 8 because of fear of the jets smokescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I would be happy as a pig in **** if the Bills were forced to take Nassib at 8 because of fear of the jets smokescreen.
    Not sure its a smokescreen

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Regardless of if its a smokescreen or not if it scares Buffalo into taking him at 8 its a job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I doubt if it is either. I just used term for effect. We had better be meeting with him with an eye on the 2nd round at most. If we take a Qb with 9 or 13 we are f'ed in the head.

All Pro
    More likely they'll give NE their 2nd round pick and next year's 1st rounder to move up to the bottom of the first to grab him.

Because that's pretty much the worst-case scenario so it's almost a lock.

Veteran
    I do hope it's a smoke screen and nothing else ... he has talent but with his arm I see a limited ceiling.

@ConorTOrr: Had 3-hr dinner w/ him after Pro Day w/ good amt. of off. staff RT @ProFootballTalk: Bills fear Jets will take Nassib http://t.co/wsyC97TgWM

Agreed...

I would NOT like Nassib on the Jets though... He cannot throw a deep ball. You simply can't survive in the NFL without being able to throw one. The accuracy is pure ****. He can't even get a proper arc on the thing.
    Last edited by jetsfan1983; 04-24-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Agreed...

I think Nassib really fits what Gailey likes to do so it makes sense from that point of view.

I would NOT like Nassib on the Jets though... He cannot throw a deep ball. You simply can't survive in the NFL without being able to throw one. The accuracy is pure ****. He can't even get a proper arc on the thing.
    Gailey's not their coach anymore, Morrone is, Nassib's head coach at Syracuse. Bills have a lot of talent but no QB. Nassib would have a leg up knowing the system moreso than any other QB coming out this year. As such, and given how terrible of a GM Nix is, they will likely take him at 8.

Exactly. The more QBs that get drafted before the Jets at 9, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    I do hope it's a smoke screen and nothing else ... he has talent but with his arm I see a limited ceiling.
    Yes, he has talent, but not the strongest arm, which will limit him.

EJ Manuel has the best physical ability in this draft, but who knows how good he'll be at the next level? I don't see it with him.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Gailey's not their coach anymore, Morrone is, Nassib's head coach at Syracuse. Bills have a lot of talent but no QB. Nassib would have a leg up knowing the system moreso than any other QB coming out this year. As such, and given how terrible of a GM Nix is, they will likely take him at 8.
    Ouch, dunno why that was a blind spot for me regarding Gailey. Too much looking at draft prospects I guess.

Either way, I hope they go Nassib and I hope we don't end up with him. The guy simply cannot throw a deep ball.

Ouch, dunno why that was a blind spot for me regarding Gailey. Too much looking at draft prospects I guess.

Either way, I hope they go Nassib and I hope we don't end up with him. The guy simply cannot throw a deep ball.
    The Bills are stupid enough to do it, especially if they think the Jets will take him at 9 or 13.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    The Bills are stupid enough to do it, especially if they think the Jets will take him at 9 or 13.
    I don't necessarily think it's stupid if they take him there. If they think the guy is a franchise QB, then you absolutely take the guy. I think EJ Manuel is a franchise guy, so I'd take him anywhere as well. You aren't winning in this league without a great QB so passing on the guy with the hope that you'll get him later keeps you as a loser.

I can't promise that EJ won't go at the bottom of round 1, so I may as well play it safe and take him at 13.

I just don't think Nassib is going to be good.. So from that point of view I'll be happy.

All League
    Doubtful

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    More likely they'll give NE their 2nd round pick and next year's 1st rounder to move up to the bottom of the first to grab him.

Because that's pretty much the worst-case scenario so it's almost a lock.
    Hey! You're scaring my family! Easy, there, Dan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Let's see....

It's 24 hours before the NFL draft and we're hearing that the Jets are now interested in a particular QB in the 1st round. Hmmm...

Oh, and when has it EVER been news that Rex went out to a 3 hour dinner???

Also, we're trading back according to Idzik.

We're trading up according to Gil Brandt.

With pick #13 we're taking the best Long Snapper to come out of college in years according to jetstream23.

All of the above rumors carry the same degree of legitimacy.

Talking DON'T TAKE ANY QB'S IN FIRST ROUND- LET BILLS TAKE NASSIB.

I doubt if it is either. I just used term for effect. We had better be meeting with him with an eye on the 2nd round at most. If we take a Qb with 9 or 13 we are f'ed in the head.
    True enough. These QB's this year are second rounders, by most accounts. If we trade back a bit... we can still get a Guard, a TE , and a CB..... Trufant probably wont last till 39, but DJ could be there.

.... btw..... Coradelle the WR is really falling due to interviews. Low wonderlic, maybe...

Patterson's interviews have "turned off" some teams, according to sources, coming off as "egotistical" to go along with questions about his mental aptitude to quickly digest and execute a NFL playbook. His physical upside is undeniable and he simply knows how to make plays with the ball in his hands. But doubts about the way he carries himself could cause Patterson to slip on draft day, probably out of the top 20 selections.

I don't necessarily think it's stupid if they take him there. If they think the guy is a franchise QB, then you absolutely take the guy. I think EJ Manuel is a franchise guy, so I'd take him anywhere as well. You aren't winning in this league without a great QB so passing on the guy with the hope that you'll get him later keeps you as a loser.

I can't promise that EJ won't go at the bottom of round 1, so I may as well play it safe and take him at 13.

I just don't think Nassib is going to be good.. So from that point of view I'll be happy.
    Agreed. The jets have screwed around too much at the qb position and been burned. I remember when joe flacco came out and the jets were trying to trade back into the first round to get him. Baltimore got wind of what the jets were trying to do so they traded up and got him.

Meanwhile the jets took an absolute bust in that draft. I don't care where you are picking. If you believe a qb is the guy you just take him and don't play games. End of story.