Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Eve Rumors and Info.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    RT @JennyVrentas: Alabama CB Dee Milliner says Jets like him. "They probably like me even more now since they got rid of Revis," he says.
    I give up if we take a corner. You only trade Revis because you are making the organizational decision to allocate resources on areas other than CB. Basically, you trade Revis because you want to use his value to upgrade other areas of the team. Turning Revis into Milliner would essentially be a downgrade at the position, a corner for corner swap where we get a worse one. It would actually be monumentally stupid and a clear signal that Rex is pulling Idzik's strings. Only Rex, who has an unhealthy obsession with corners, could be behind a move like that

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I think its different this year because of the 2 picks being so close, and the "Rex is smitten with Barkevious" talk.

I so hope you are right, i fear pass rushers so early.
    Milliner plus Mingo would be the "classic Rex" selections. Idzik cannot allow that to happen under any circumstance or the media (and fans) will be all over him

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    All intelligent drafts start with one of the two guards of a lifetime.

Anyone calling for Mingos or even worse a midget wideout has no clue about football

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I give up if we take a corner. You only trade Revis because you are making the organizational decision to allocate resources on areas other than CB. Basically, you trade Revis because you want to use his value to upgrade other areas of the team. Turning Revis into Milliner would essentially be a downgrade at the position, a corner for corner swap where we get a worse one. It would actually be monumentally stupid and a clear signal that Rex is pulling Idzik's strings. Only Rex, who has an unhealthy obsession with corners, could be behind a move like that
    That's why we got a 1st round pick for Revis, to upgrade other areas of the team...It would be turning Revis into Millner + OG/OLB for exponentially cheaper.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Milliner plus Mingo would be the "classic Rex" selections. Idzik cannot allow that to happen under any circumstance or the media (and fans) will be all over him
    + 1 to all of this!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So what should be the "waiting period" for drafting another CB? One year? Two years?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

Anyone calling for Mingos or even worse a midget wideout has no clue about football
    can't you have an opinion without insulting other people? Its really not all that hard.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So what should be the "waiting period" for drafting another CB? One year? Two years?
    It's not that important of a position (compared to others we are very weak at). We have a top 5 CB already (Cromartie) and a solid #2 (Wilson). To waste any more good assets on it while those 2 are on the roster is senseless.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    This whole Nassib talk could just be a coach trying to help his former QB get drafted high. He might actually want him but not at 8 and if he could get another team to jump at him cause they are worried about the bills moving up into a late 1 then he helped his former player.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not that important of a position (compared to others we are very weak at). We have a top 5 CB already (Cromartie) and a solid #2 (Wilson). To waste any more good assets on it while those 2 are on the roster is senseless.
    I agree, we could likely pick up a quality CB in free agency next year in the 4-5mm range...not waste a draft pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We can still spend a 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th on a corner. But this year Wilson and Cro are starting so there is no need to spend a premium pick on that position.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Wilson is not solid. I've never been a wilson hater but he was flat out incredibly lucky not to be just torched about 5 times last year on long td plays where the WR dropped the pass of the QB threw a bad ball. The guy he was covering just torched him badly.

The Jets do need to draft a Cb in this draft in my mind but certainly not with one of the 1st two picks. There is nice depth at Cb in this draft, or so they say.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    can't you have an opinion without insulting other people? Its really not all that hard.
    Yeah funny thing when that dude has been wrong more than just about any other poster on these forums over the last few years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you aware that there is a salary cap in the NFL and if Revis would have played for rookie money he wouldn't be gone right now????

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We didn't trade Revis because we didn't think he was a great player...or because we thought the 1st round talent we would get would be better.

We traded Revis because we didn't want to pay a CB $16mm a year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

From NFL.com:

Yeah, who has no clue about football? Let's see, DBAKE and sg3 vs. NFL Scouts, Mayock, Gil Brandt, Rex Ryan... right. You're a total d*ck. And tell us again why you hate Mingo?

5) Scouts have fallen in love with ... : At this point, every scout can find a flaw in every prospect. When I read in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that one scout wondered about Warmack's excessive sweating, I knew that time was upon us. But scouts are having a difficult time finding flaws in two prospects: Barkevious Mingo and D.J. Hayden. One personnel guru gushed to me about Mingo: "He's just so clean. He looks like a racehorse, and when you meet him, you fall in love with him." Some wish he made more plays last season at LSU, but scouts counter that by saying he was routinely double-teamed, allowing teammate Sam Montgomery to produce against one-on-one blocking. And Mingo would be fun for a team that wants to get creative. You can stand him up and have him rush that way, with several people telling me they think Mingo's more natural as a linebacker.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    We didn't trade Revis because we didn't think he was a great player...or because we thought the 1st round talent we would get would be better.

We traded Revis because we didn't want to pay a CB $16mm a year.
    This.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    From NFL.com:

Yeah, who has no clue about football? Let's see, DBAKE and sg3 vs. NFL Scouts, Mayock, Gil Brandt, Rex Ryan... right. You're a total d*ck. And tell us again why you hate Mingo?

5) Scouts have fallen in love with ... : At this point, every scout can find a flaw in every prospect. When I read in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that one scout wondered about Warmack's excessive sweating, I knew that time was upon us. But scouts are having a difficult time finding flaws in two prospects: Barkevious Mingo and D.J. Hayden. One personnel guru gushed to me about Mingo: "He's just so clean. He looks like a racehorse, and when you meet him, you fall in love with him." Some wish he made more plays last season at LSU, but scouts counter that by saying he was routinely double-teamed, allowing teammate Sam Montgomery to produce against one-on-one blocking. And Mingo would be fun for a team that wants to get creative. You can stand him up and have him rush that way, with several people telling me they think Mingo's more natural as a linebacker.
    Good response, less the d*ck part.

LET'S KEEP IT CIVIL PEOPLE, WE'RE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM HERE!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Sorry Wilson is not solid. I've never been a wilson hater but he was flat out incredibly lucky not to be just torched about 5 times last year on long td plays where the WR dropped the pass of the QB threw a bad ball. The guy he was covering just torched him badly.

The Jets do need to draft a Cb in this draft in my mind but certainly not with one of the 1st two picks. There is nice depth at Cb in this draft, or so they say.
    Wilson is as solid as whoever the Ravens and Niners were lining up at #2 CB last season.

I'm fine with 5th round or lower to take a flyer on the position. Nothing in the first few rounds though

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like

And YOU! Play nice or you won't have JI tonight when you watch the draft!