Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the absolute worst case scenario with 9 and 13 thats realistic?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    That's fair enough. I think we agree that Austin would be a terrible pick in any case. I'm hoping and praying that we can snag Warmack or Cooper along with Mingo or Jarvis Jones at 9 and 13. I'm betting the Jet's trade down one of these, so then the question is which is harder to fill later: OLB or Guard. I think OLB will be the higher priority early, despite how safe Cooper or Warmack would be. Who knows? It should be one very interesting night of TV. Can't wait.
    tony's blog just updated... the jets are looking at QB with 9/13...

apparently my nightmares are coming to life..

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

It will be the fastest hero to zero gm moment for me ever I think if the jets go QB that early. I say smoke screen. Here is my official prediction.

We take a guard with one of the picks if either Warmack or Cooper are there. We trade down with the other pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Milliner and Vaccaro

If Rex had his way, he'd probably do it.

F*cking dunce
    Definitely Milliner and someone. Two guys in the secondary would be laughable but "classic Rex." I'd say there is like a 1% chance of it happening, but if it does, Idzik has zero balls and is basically Rex's puppet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    For me it's

9. Vaccaro
    13. Nassib

I want to part of Vaccaro in the top 20, forget about the top 10. He's not that good. There are other S prospects who are on the same level IMO and it would be really stupid to overspend for him. He's not even close to Eric Berry or Sean Taylor or LaRon Landry or Earl Thomas (and many more) as a prospect. Who is the last safety to run 4.6 in the 40 and get picked in the 1st round?

I get the feeling someone is going to fall in love with Nassib. He could very well go in the top 20. And the Jets are the type of team that would pull this crap.
    Ah another truly terrible one. I can't see Idzik taking Nassib first round though (certainly not at 9 or 13), it would be such a highly questioned move. At least he could sell Geno Smith a little better to the public (plenty would still hate it) with the fact that this guy had been targeted by a lot of teams as a potential top 10 pick for a very long time. Nassib left the combine as a 2nd-3rd round prospect. This move would be skewered by media and a lot of fans
    Last edited by SlickBri481; 04-24-2013 at 04:51 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

Don't believe it. There will be a lot of feints and misdirections between now and tomorrow night. The only way Idzik goes for a QB is if Woody demanded it. It won't be because anybody with any football sense wanted that. I would share your nightmare if they were that stupid.

All League
    A QB at either spot.

All League
    Any trade up in round 1, the entire staff, Idzik, Rex, Bradway etc. should be fired on the spot...that would be an absolutely ****ing joke....no wayyyyyyy that's happening.

Any S or CB or QB in round 1. Any PK in round 2... remember this MENSA move?

Any QB or CB in round 1

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    A QB at either spot.
    +1

If we reach for Nassib or any of these other clowns I'm throwing the tv out the window.

Trading up would be depressing because it would make me lose faith in Idzik right off the bat...

Milliner and then Richardson.....wait ...what?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Milliner and then Richardson.....wait ...what?
    lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Definitely Milliner and someone. Two guys in the secondary would be laughable but "classic Rex." I'd say there is like a 1% chance of it happening, but if it does, Idzik has zero balls and is basically Rex's puppet.
    lolz! Holy cow!

We went Milliner and another defender.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 04-29-2013 at 01:48 AM.