Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Since 2013 is clearly a rebuilding year, how is it make or break for Rex Ryan?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    He drafted Sanchez. He has his wife tatooed with Sanchez's jersey on his shoulder.

AFC Championship appearances are lollipops for losers.

If he had signed or gone after a true game manager in 2009, whether he drafted Buttchez or not, that was a Super Bowl team. His bad decision to start not only a rookie QB with 2 total years as a starter on his resume for his ENTIRE LIFE but also one from USC doomed a loaded defense (constructed largely by Mangini) destructive ball-control offense, and not-awful receiving corps in 2009 (because that roster was in fact miles better than 2010) with the curse of an absolutely abhorrent QB.

If Defense still wins, then the 2009 Jets would've won the Super Bowl. And every Rex supporter likes to ignore the fact that the majority of the 2009 and 2010 rosters were constructed by Mangini.
    Rex is a coach, not a GM.

With Tanny he had way too much pull.

When are you people going to get that?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because he will be a lame duck coach after this season, so we will either have to extend him or fire him. You guys gonna be cool with giving him a long lucrative extension after a crappy season?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Because he will be a lame duck coach after this season, so we will either have to extend him or fire him. You guys gonna be cool with giving him a long lucrative extension after a crappy season?
    If we play people tough and the offense starts to turn it around, sure.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, as long as the team plays tough and shows promise for the future

How can people say that our roster is absolutely depleted, but then demand that Rex turns chicken sh!t into chicken salad?

It goes deeper than that.....

If Rex was not part of our long term plans he would be gone already

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    totally agree. imo the jets are good for 8 wins but the big rex issue will be how they play down the stretch. they win 8 and then swoon and he should be launched. they win 8 but fight for every game, he should stay.

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I don't think our record will matter as much as "how" we played and hopefully improved as the season went on when it comes to evaluating Rex Ryan's future with the Jets....

I hear a lot of people in the media and Jets fans alike saying that Rex "needs" to win in 2013 to keep his job.....But I hear the same people telling us how bad the Jets roster is

I feel like as long as the Jets play hard all year and show some signs of improving, Rex Ryan will be here to stay for the years to come.....A total collapse with locker room problems and or/ no signs of life from the team, and he's gone obviously......The actual record (WL) doesn't matter as much IMO

If that weren't the case, Rex Ryan would have been gone already after last season with Tanny and Sparano

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets can extend Ryan for another season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    Rex is a coach, not a GM.

With Tanny he had way too much pull.

When are you people going to get that?
    Obviously Rex was making the personnel calls in the off-season and traded for Tebow just so he could sit him on the bench the entire season and have the entire media bash him for it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is toast. Expectations mean sh*t. Media/fans will be brutal. Woody will respond.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Rex is toast. Expectations mean sh*t. Media/fans will be brutal. Woody will respond.
    If you want to be a fanatic about and have this team run on emotions then fine, but I'm not buying it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's all wishful thinking on the part of the media, and the ignorant masses that follow them. Then the media says it so much that they use their own speculation as evidence that it's true. I heard Micheal Kay arguing with himself about it today. Wanting to know why they would keep Rex only to fire him next year. He has two years left on his contract. The only evidence that he might be fired comes from wild speculation repeated enough times to make it factual. No way they fire a coach that gets more out of the talent than any other. We are going to have a 500 record anyway, and that will be brilliant coaching. MM will get the most out of whoever plays QB, and Rex with an edge rusher(hopefully), will be back in the top 5 on defense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    It's all wishful thinking on the part of the media, and the ignorant masses that follow them. Then the media says it so much that they use their own speculation as evidence that it's true. I heard Micheal Kay arguing with himself about it today. Wanting to know why they would keep Rex only to fire him next year. He has two years left on his contract. The only evidence that he might be fired comes from wild speculation repeated enough times to make it factual. No way they fire a coach that gets more out of the talent than any other. We are going to have a 500 record anyway, and that will be brilliant coaching. MM will get the most out of whoever plays QB, and Rex with an edge rusher(hopefully), will be back in the top 5 on defense.
    Rex is a good coach I could give a f*ck what the media and amateur hour punks like Michael Kay think. ESPN radio made $7 million in ad billing last year versus $40 billion for WFAN and its sh*t content why isn't Michael Kay being fired?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    A true head coach is invested in both sides of the ball.
    Oh really? Then why does Andy Reid still have a job? He's the antithesis of Rex. Knows offense but is absolutely clueless when it comes to defense. I mean the guy promoted his offensive line coach to DC, despite the fact that he hadn't coached D in 20 years. That's much worse than Rex wanting Sparano as his OC. It's no coincidence that Philly's went to **** after Jim Johnson died.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, as long as the team plays tough and shows promise for the future

How can people say that our roster is absolutely depleted, but then demand that Rex turns chicken sh!t into chicken salad?

It goes deeper than that.....

If Rex was not part of our long term plans he would be gone already
    Agreed. There are zero expectations for this year.

As long as the players play hard and show some fight, Rex will stay.

If the players give up and quit on him, and he loses the locker room, Rex is gone.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only ones calling it a make or break year is the stupid media and posters here who beleive that...get rid of Ryan and bring in who....Rex Ryan is a darn good coach.

I don't think our record will matter as much as "how" we played and hopefully improved as the season went on when it comes to evaluating Rex Ryan's future with the Jets....

I hear a lot of people in the media and Jets fans alike saying that Rex "needs" to win in 2013 to keep his job.....But I hear the same people telling us how bad the Jets roster is

I feel like as long as the Jets play hard all year and show some signs of improving, Rex Ryan will be here to stay for the years to come.....A total collapse with locker room problems and or/ no signs of life from the team, and he's gone obviously......The actual record (WL) doesn't matter as much IMO

If that weren't the case, Rex Ryan would have been gone already after last season with Tanny and Sparano