Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why not build a super unit? O-Line or Front seven

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic Bus View Post
    i'll be ok with milliner but from wat im hearing he will slide out of top 10
    Milners going to be a stud! True definition of a shut down corner. You wont be able to throw against this guy. Calling it now, he'll be better than Revis

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaSmurfNYJ View Post
    I was thinking of posting something like this myself...I am really liking both Warmack and Cooper more and more, assuming they'd both be available.

Our best shot to win is through a really effective run game. We've seen that with 2009 and 2010. I still think that principle holds.

Plus, if we still suck after this coming year, Sanchez will be gone and we will be drafting a new QB in 2014 that would then have the luxury of a great oline and run game. Basically, exactly how we took Sanchez, a crappy QB, to two AFC championships.
    GroundnPound days are over. The new OC is not that guy. If Rex don't play ball with Marty, his a** may be gone by mid-season or sooner.
    As for the OP, so many holes to fill it's a tough call on the right way to go. I just hope we can come out of this draft with at least 3 quality starters and 1 impact player.
    That would be a homerun for the new GM.

Umm...cause we need OFFENSE???????

Quote Originally Posted by sash1 View Post
    Mingos waaaay too big of a risk at 9 (situational player without a ton of starts under his belt that ive seen really get pushed around out there, especially against the run. Dont like his build....too skinny for me, skinny little toothpick legs) . I dont like taking 2 O-linemen at 9 and 13. I really like what Idzik said about taking the best available player with our two first round round picks, as opposed to position specific needs. If Miliners there at 9 we have to take him. Then im on board with Warmack at 13
    I think he may be risky too (i.e. Vernon Gholston 2.0), but I've heard he has a better work ethic and will work better in our system.

Also, this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgfI4ua6dDw

I think I'd prefer Jarvis Jones, but I'd go for Mingo if he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic Bus View Post
    i'll be ok with milliner but from wat im hearing he will slide out of top 10
    Tila Tequila is on the left side of your sig. Who is the chick on the right side? I would like to have sex with her.

Quote Originally Posted by sash1 View Post
    Milners going to be a stud! True definition of a shut down corner. You wont be able to throw against this guy. Calling it now, he'll be better than Revis
    Take it easy buddy. Millner will be a top 5 CB and help Jets fans forget about Revis how about that?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Umm...cause we need OFFENSE???????
    People seem to have forgotten what jets real issues are. We had Absolutely no playmakers could barely score 10 pts a gane. But we should take 2 guards .

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    People seem to have forgotten what jets real issues are. We had Absolutely no playmakers could barely score 10 pts a gane. But we should take 2 guards .
    Yes, we should and for good reason.

1) This draft does not have many great skill position players.

2) Taking skill position players this high is a huge risk in this draft.

3) Taking OL are safe picks that can reinforce an otherwise bad OL and provide a running game this season.

4) What good will good skill position players do for us if we cannot block anyone?

Next year according to the experts, will have a lot more offensive skill position talent. We'll also have extra ammunition to pull off a trade assuming we have to trade up to get the player we covet the most.

It's a good year to take the time to build the basics. A solid O Line will make the playmakers we have better, even Sanchez. And Gerard may last more than two games with solid protection.

Have you watched New Orleans? While our guys are desperately trying to keep holes filled the NO line not only keeps defenders out, they have the time and presence of mind to open passing lanes (Brees being relatively short) giving Brees a clear shot to see and hit his targets.

What difference that would make here. The end of the "throw it to the defensive player" plays!