Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Question Regarding Terry Bradway

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

A Question Regarding Terry Bradway

Why don't people here **** on this guy enough? Why is he immune to criticism? Is he not our director of personnel?

I know so many of our problems developed out of contractual issues, but is this guy not downright terrible? Has he not whiffed at almost every roster spot on the team?

Who does he have naked photos of? Is this guy good at his job and I'm missing it, or is he terrible at it and good at hiding it?

DC

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Try to remember he doesn't do all the picking anymore, he makes his opinion known to the group and they can make their decision. He has made some mistakes but he has made some good evaluations also. I believe he is the one that wanted Russell Wilson, no?
    Bradway is sort of semi-retired and is a good asset for what he does....a part time draft guy.
    That being said; he and Herm should have been shot for "the bowling ball with butcher knives" Dwayne Robertson....a classic bum.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    maybe the answer to that question comes when you find out who Bradway wanted to take in those top picks over the years & who the big boys took.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think the Jets have drafted terribly... they just haven't had enough draft picks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I don't think the Jets have drafted terribly... they just haven't had enough draft picks.
    agreed and he has signed some decent free agents and UDFA! A little credit goes a long way. its not all bad as somne would make us believe.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Because no one here knows who Bradway pushed for? He could have been dead on in his choices and Tanny took the wrong one of his suggestions?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Terry Bradway's favorite player in last years draft was Russell Wilson....so much so, they referred to Wilson in the draft meetings as "Russell Bradway".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're going to blame Bradway you have to blame the entire talent staff. He's only as good as the people in his employ.

But really I find no way you could draw this conclusion. How do you know what goes on behind closed doors?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    Try to remember he doesn't do all the picking anymore, he makes his opinion known to the group and they can make their decision. He has made some mistakes but he has made some good evaluations also. I believe he is the one that wanted Russell Wilson, no?
    Bradway is sort of semi-retired and is a good asset for what he does....a part time draft guy.
    That being said; he and Herm should have been shot for "the bowling ball with butcher knives" Dwayne Robertson....a classic bum.
    He's not semi-retired. He's a full- time employee.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/ms/media-...ay,-Terry.html

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    This, This, This!

Bradway is in charge of finding the players, he is not responsible for atrocious contracts that limit our free agency or trading away draft picks.

There was an excellent article on grantland.com by Bill Barnwell who looked into the statistics of drafting and it is EXTREMELY rare to find one team that drafts consistently better then another.

The key to drafting is not trading your picks so you have the greatest chance to find good, inexpensive players.

Guys like ozzie newsome or jerry reese dont trade their picks, and therefore have a higher hit rate then someone like tannenbaum. Hopefully thats our new philosophy

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He's not semi-retired. He's a full- time employee.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/ms/media-...ay,-Terry.html
    Not to be a wise guy but that doesn't tell me anything.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not to be a wise guy but that doesn't tell me anything.
    Ok. Sorry. Don't know what else to say. Think the bio from the media guide is pretty clear.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bradway scouted Revis and was the one who insisted the Jets move up for him. Then he was obsessed with Russell Wilson last year. Two pretty decent claims to fame.

Then there is D Rob.

I think the story is that he never really wanted to be the GM and preferred to just be a scout. He is actually very well-respected as a scout believe it or not.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Tannenbaum listened to him, Russell Wilson would be our QB right now. He gets a pass for that alone for now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Ok. Sorry. Don't know what else to say. Think the bio from the media guide is pretty clear.
    I only say that as I remember hearing (no link) on the radio and media that he mostly operated from his home but I could be very wrong. It was my understanding after the GM stint didn't work out he wanted out and the JETS wanted him to stay in the organization. Full time or part time he seems to be a decent evaluator but he has definitely missed on some. Mean no disrespect C Mart, you seem like a decent football guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only say that as I remember hearing (no link) on the radio and media that he mostly operated from his home but I could be very wrong. It was my understanding after the GM stint didn't work out he wanted out and the JETS wanted him to stay in the organization. Full time or part time he seems to be a decent evaluator but he has definitely missed on some. Mean no disrespect C Mart, you seem like a decent football guy.
    None taken. With the move to Florham Park I think he's closer to his home. With what he's responsible for I'm pretty certain he's a f/t, yr around guy. And with Clinkscales leaving he assumed the role of head guy in charge of all Draft prep related items.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember the interview when they traded two 1st round picks for #4 (drob), Bradway said he was nervous (seemed unsure)

Would love to know the background on that decision...

Also the Jets medical staff was not good; green light drob, red light Heath Miller?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    I remember the interview when they traded two 1st round picks for #4 (drob), Bradway said he was nervous (seemed unsure)

Would love to know the background on that decision...

Also the Jets medical staff was not good; green light drob, red light Heath Miller?
    A really bad move and a total reach that blew up in his face. I remember saying this would get them both canned and it did (position wise). They bit on the combine hype.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dcronin View Post
    Why don't people here **** on this guy enough? Why is he immune to criticism? Is he not our director of personnel?

I know so many of our problems developed out of contractual issues, but is this guy not downright terrible? Has he not whiffed at almost every roster spot on the team?

Who does he have naked photos of? Is this guy good at his job and I'm missing it, or is he terrible at it and good at hiding it?

DC
    Banged the table for Revis.

Banged the Table for Russell Wilson in vain.

Mo Wilkerson.

Coples.

Etc.

Dude was a BAAAAD GM, but a damn good scout.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    A really bad move and a total reach that blew up in his face. I remember saying this would get them both canned and it did (position wise). They bit on the combine hype.
    Not the biggest Jets bust but bad news in a draft with Suggs, Polamalu, Clark, Nnamdi, Osi, Boldin, etc...

On November 14, 2006 Robertson was named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 10. He had six tackles and a sack in the Jets' Week 10 win over the New England Patriots.