Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ***Mike Mayock Draft Special 8PM NFL Network***

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a funny feeling that the Vikes want Austin badly. If Idzik can snag the 23 & 25 from them they can draft the following:

13- Jarvis Jones
    23- DJ Fluker
    25- Jon Cyprien
    39- DeAndre Hopkins

This would be pretty damn good too!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    Being quite the Jets Draft historian, I am REALLY skeptical of drafting a TE in the first round at #13.

Can someone please explain to me what makes Eifert (6'5" 250 lbs) so special?

The benchmark nowadays is Gronk - 6'6" 265 lbs. or Jimmy Graham - 6'7" 265

BOTH those studs were taken in round 2 and 3, respectively.

What justifies Eifert as a top 15 pick?:huh
    :

OK, I'll bite. Eifert is a higher pick than those guys because he was a better player at the position in college (for 3 years) than either of those guys...

Jimmy Graham barely played Football for Miami (BBall player), and Eifert has better hands, runs better routes, and is as good a blocker as Gronk.

But in my world, Eifert isn't in my dream scenario for the Jets in round 1...I want Jordan and Cooper, with a TE later.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would be happy with Mayock's picks. Jordan and Eifert. I'd also be happy with Mingo and Eifert.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    OK, I'll bite. Eifert is a higher pick than those guys because he was a better player at the position in college (for 3 years) than either of those guys...

Jimmy Graham barely played Football for Miami (BBall player), and Eifert has better hands, runs better routes, and is as good a blocker as Gronk.

But in my world, Eifert isn't in my dream scenario for the Jets in round 1...I want Jordan and Cooper, with a TE later.
    Appreciate it.

This makes A LOT more sense:

Tyler Eifert - TE - Player

The New York Daily News reports the Jets are interested in Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert but not at No. 13 overall.
    The Bills at No. 8, the Dolphins at No. 12, or the Jets at No. 13 is the highest Eifert would likely go, but those three teams would rather trade back and then grab Eifert if possible. The Jets badly need an upgrade on Jeff Cumberland.
    Related: Jets
    Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really like eifert, but I think ertz provides better value later in the first or early in the second. In some respects I think ertz will be a better pro.

That is why trading down makes so much sense.v if we can get the two niner picks, we can effectively trade eifert for ertz PLUS cyprien or whoever we want with that third first rounder.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I'll be ecstatic with Jordan and Eifert. Make it happen Lord.
    Same here

The reality is this first round would address 3 weaknesses... the third being Sanchez.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I really like eifert, but I think ertz provides better value later in the first or early in the second. In some respects I think ertz will be a better pro.

That is why trading down makes so much sense.v if we can get the two niner picks, we can effectively trade eifert for ertz PLUS cyprien or whoever we want with that third first rounder.
    Based on their reviews...they appear very similar. 250lbs, 6' 5' -6' 6'

Would love a big tight end. Not sure if 13 is where they should go...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Based on their reviews...they appear very similar. 250lbs, 6' 5' -6' 6'

Would love a big tight end. Not sure if 13 is where they should go...
    If you have a few minutes, check out their respective highlight videos on youtube and tell me which one looks like the better TE. Its really close.