Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Eagles are in love with Mingo,Jordan is ours

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    I think Jordan is a solid prospect - I just don't see why he's ranked so highly - especially compared to Mingo.

In scouting reports - they constantly refer to his coverage skills (esp. vs TEs) but it seems like its all based on some vague assessment of his "body type."

Low PD stats in college for Jordan is especially troubling - given his size. Gholston also only had 3 PDs in his Ohio State career. Mingo has 11.
    Jordan is ranked highly because of his physical measurables (wingspan) and the fact that he killed his combine. He wasn't as productive as Jarvis Jones but he was still fairly productive in his own respect and as you know you draft the player not their college stats as you are a big supporter of Mingo who I don't mind either.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Jordan is ranked highly because of his physical measurables (wingspan) and the fact that he killed his combine. He wasn't as productive as Jarvis Jones but he was still fairly productive in his own respect and as you know you draft the player not their college stats as you are a big supporter of Mingo who I don't mind either.
    Also Dion Jordan was used more in coverage than rushing the passer at Oregon. So to compare him to other who were giving more chances to rush the qb, I would say is a little unfair .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    9 games is tape, plus the senior bowl.

He pushed people around even though hes extremely raw.

Jordan to me looks slow/not explosive at all
    It's Mario Lemieux syndrome. Same thing applies to Usain Bolt. Tall guys never look like they're moving that fast...until you're on the ice/track with them.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Jordan falls past the cards, there's no way the bills don't take him. We can get most of these qb's in the early 2nd. We just started the 3/4 and need all the linebackers/de's we can get... Especially the best one in the draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Mingo is the best natural pass rusher in this class, and has the ability to do other things as well......Jordan or Jones would be a very nice consolation however

I don't really care if people think I'm crazy, I would take Mingo over any other OLB prospect

Eagles would be smart to take him
    I agree with this !

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    9 games is tape, plus the senior bowl.

He pushed people around even though hes extremely raw.

Jordan to me looks slow/not explosive at all
    Still, that's a very small sample size to be crowing about. Ansah may have the highest ceiling of any defensive player but that's still stretching it, but flat out best defensive player? Sorry you're on your own on that one. Star is a better player for one, Dee for another, even Jarvis Jones.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    I agree with this !
    Doesn't Mingo look a lot like Maybin ??

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Jordan is the guy we all want, correct?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Doesn't Mingo look a lot like Maybin ??
    Mingo and Jordan are the same weight so I don't get the weight argument.. But Maybin isn't close to being the athlete either of the 2 are. Mingos so explosive.. I get excited at the thought of him flying off the edge in our scheme

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    Jordan will be a mediocre, at best, NFL player.

At least with Ansah I can look at his college (senior year) production and his combine metrics and say - dude might be a beast.

With Jordan - there's not much there in comparison to Mingo.

Mingo was better than Jordan at every combine metric, and was more productive than Jordan in college, against better competition. Particularly at passes deflected - which is a critical stat for DE/OLB prospects that often times flies under the radar.

Jordan has 2 passes defended in his entire college career. He somehow receives praise for having the ability to drop into coverage - how a guy that big can drop into coverage and NOT defense any passes...I have no idea.

Mingo, on the other hand, is the better athlete of the 2, had a more productive college career despite not being asked to rush the passer as often as a senior. And he played in the SEC. As a defender.
    Darrelle Revis doesn't have amazing pass defence stats either because often the QB just didn't throw his way.In fact Revis is one of those guys who if you looked at his stats you'd wonder what all the fuss is about...watch the tape on Jordan...he very rarely got picked on when dropping into coverage and has already been said he drops a lot.

He's not a flawless prospect by any means but sometimes the numbers don't tell the whole story....he's what John Madden used to refer to as 'a football player' who also happens to be a sensational physical specimen

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The unpredictability of this draft means we all could be very happy or very unhappy at the end of it. So much uncertainty

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mayocks final mock has us drafting Jordon and Eifert.I'll be doing cartwheels for hours if we grab Jordon and Eifert

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dion Jordan could to to Philadelphia, Cleveland, Arizona or Buffalo.

Why everyone thinks Buffalo is going QB at No.8 is beyond me. Personally I think they're trading down or taking Tavon Austin, if he makes it there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    They're all "boom or bust", Faux-Goulet. Especially in the first...and truth be told, I still think Jarvis Jones is gonna be a total badass.....

But Dion Jordan was a difference maker (pretty much the only one) on D the last couple of years up there/

I just don't like Mingo. Too small, and admittedly lazy. Coples admitted to being lazy, but there were extenuating circumstances at UNC, and hes a physical freak.

Out of the three (Jordan, Ansah, and Mingo) I just think Jordan is the hybrid of Mingo athleicism and Ansahs upside.
    I slightly prefer Jordan to Mingo as well, mostly based upon Jordan having more experience playing in a 2 point stance than Mingo (along with better hand usage by the former), but my preference is by no means based on either of their production. If I wanted to go on production, Jarvis would be my pick by a landslide.

I just want to get to pick 13 tonight already, the anticipation is killing me

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mayock said last night that Jordan was the best 3-4 LB in the draft. But would he mesh well with Rex's hybrid style defense which I find to be predominantly 4-3 at this point?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    he will go to Philly....IMO.
    I think Cleveland would take him to go on the other side of kluger, and end the Sherad experiment at OLB. If this means they have to draft a corner in the 3rd I think they do it.

Jordan and Star are the only two players that i don't want to see on the jets.
    both these guys to me are pro-bowl players in waiting

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Mayock said last night that Jordan was the best 3-4 LB in the draft. But would he mesh well with Rex's hybrid style defense which I find to be predominantly 4-3 at this point?
    If Rex built a 3-4 olb it would be Jordan. This is a guy who will weigh 265 when he can work out again. As a Patriot fan, I would offer Mallet, this years first and next years first for him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Mayock also had Jordan falling to the Jets at #9, which I thought was interesting.

Has there ever been a year where fans were this divided over the first round? Will be some good debates in the coming days.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Teams ahead of us are going cb,offensive line,and qb to buffalo.This all but assures Jordan is ours.
    Someone will trade ahead of the Jets to draft Jordan.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think there is no way that Jordan makes it to 9 but I would be thrilled if he did.

And for people foolishly bringing up the pass defensed stats, look at how Mingo did it. He's at the line of scrimmage when he bats passes, he's not in coverage doing it. The same reason Mingo has so many passes defensed is the same reason he had so few sacks in his last year. It's because they chose to contain a lot of the mobile QB's. he sat at the line of scrimmage.

I'm a fan of MIngo... But I think Jordan is better. Jordan has special 20 sack upside. Fast, strong, great length and height. Wasted much of his time in coverage because Oregon didn't utilize him the best.

And it's also frustrating to me that the woe is me Jets fans keep preemptively *****ing about whoever it looks like the Jets will pick. It's pathetic.

I will be extremely happy if the Jets end up with Jordan, Ansah, or Mingo. I think all 3 of those guys are going to be double digit sack pass rushers.