Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Eagles are in love with Mingo,Jordan is ours

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    If Chip doesnt go O he will take a DL for that make shift 3-4. Cedric Thornton doesnt scream dominate 3-4 DL like Star or Floyd. Jordan is nice but Graham, Cole, and Baldwin will not be the worst OLB group. Easy pass for a bigger need.
    if you are a new coach, and you are making your first pick, and you have a chance to pick the next jason taylor who just so happens is a kid you've coached for 3 years...you do it. you want to tell me he goes OL, fine...if he goes D...to me thats a major red flag.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    if you are a new coach, and you are making your first pick, and you have a chance to pick the next jason taylor who just so happens is a kid you've coached for 3 years...you do it. you want to tell me he goes OL, fine...if he goes D...to me thats a major red flag.
    I wouldnt say major. Philly picks at 4. Star and Floyd are seen as cant miss 3-4 DL or DT. If you a coach on a team that was really really bad at stopping the run last year that is a high priority. Jordan isnt going to do that. Pass rush is not a big issue in Philly. Why draft whay your already pretty good at on paper. Cole and Baldwin are both guys that had 11 sacks in 2011 and neither are old. Graham looked great last year when they finally played him. Also he actually projected better as a 3-4 OLB then he did 4-3 DE.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I wouldnt say major. Philly picks at 4. Star and Floyd are seen as cant miss 3-4 DL or DT. If you a coach on a team that was really really bad at stopping the run last year that is a high priority. Jordan isnt going to do that. Pass rush is not a big issue in Philly. Why draft whay your already pretty good at on paper. Cole and Baldwin are both guys that had 11 sacks in 2011 and neither are old. Graham looked great last year when they finally played him. Also he actually projected better as a 3-4 OLB then he did 4-3 DE.
    They also have Vinny Curry. That's 4 OLB. The only way they are drafting Jordan is if they trade one of the four, with Cole being the probable choice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex would have a heart attack if Jordan was there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    if we dont get jordan at #9, i want 2 Guards

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    he will go to Philly....IMO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mingo is the best natural pass rusher in this class, and has the ability to do other things as well......Jordan or Jones would be a very nice consolation however

I don't really care if people think I'm crazy, I would take Mingo over any other OLB prospect

Eagles would be smart to take him

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    u know whats going to happen dont you?...9 comes up...Jordan is still on the board...jets go TE.

Jordan goes 12. Jets go FB with 13.

just sayin...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Mingo is the best natural pass rusher in this class, and has the ability to do other things as well......Jordan or Jones would be a very nice consolation however

I don't really care if people think I'm crazy, I would take Mingo over any other OLB prospect

Eagles would be smart to take him
    I agree with you. Mingo is my man too. Best pass rusher of the bunch.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jordan

Jones

Tank.

All would suffice.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jordan will be a mediocre, at best, NFL player.

At least with Ansah I can look at his college (senior year) production and his combine metrics and say - dude might be a beast.

With Jordan - there's not much there in comparison to Mingo.

Mingo was better than Jordan at every combine metric, and was more productive than Jordan in college, against better competition. Particularly at passes deflected - which is a critical stat for DE/OLB prospects that often times flies under the radar.

Jordan has 2 passes defended in his entire college career. He somehow receives praise for having the ability to drop into coverage - how a guy that big can drop into coverage and NOT defense any passes...I have no idea.

Mingo, on the other hand, is the better athlete of the 2, had a more productive college career despite not being asked to rush the passer as often as a senior. And he played in the SEC. As a defender.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    So would I. But it ain't happening. Jordan is arguably the best pass rusher prospect in the draft and everyone needs a pass rusher.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post

At least with Ansah I can look at his college (senior year) production and his combine metrics and say - dude might be a beast.

Mingo was better than Jordan at every combine metric, and was more productive than Jordan in college, against better competition. Particularly at passes deflected - which is a critical stat for DE/OLB prospects that often times flies under the radar.

Jordan has 2 passes defended in his entire college career. He somehow receives praise for having the ability to drop into coverage - how a guy that big can drop into coverage and NOT defense any passes...I have no idea.

Mingo, on the other hand, is the better athlete of the 2, had a more productive college career despite not being asked to rush the passer as often as a senior. And he played in the SEC. As a defender.
    Disagree about Jordan. He has the body of pass rusher (long arms, closing speed, quickness) and he doesn't seem like a lazy flake like Vernon Gholston. It probably won't happen right away and he will at first be a liability versus the run but he will be an effective 3rd down pass rusher which every team needs.

As far as him dropping back into coverage I don't really think it's a huge deal OLB's main responsibility is rushing the qb and sealing the edge on running plays. Let the DB's and ILB's fall back into coverage in nickel and dime schemes.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want the pure pass rushing abilities of Mingo!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post

Ansah has less football experience than pretty much anyone thats been touted as a First Rounder in ages, including JPP. Ansah has Zero experience and played against lesser comp. If you could just weigh and measure 3-4 OLB'ers, it would be alot easier. Kid has no instincts.

Mingo is TINY. He makes Maybin look like a tank. I like his speed and "bend", but I just don't think he can hold up....

Dion Jordan? Production AND measurables....and to be honest, I could care less about his ability to drop into coverage (although hes as fluid a DE/OLB prospect as any in a while). The thing with him is he will grow into a freak in the NFL, while I think Mingo is the type that struggles to hold weight. A 6'6 kid that can bend the edge and get to the QB? And grow into NFL size? With speed? Yeah, sign me up for that....

Oh, and I don; want anyone named "Ki-Ki" on my Jets.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    Ansah has less football experience than pretty much anyone thats been touted as a First Rounder in ages, including JPP. Ansah has Zero experience and played against lesser comp. If you could just weigh and measure 3-4 OLB'ers, it would be alot easier. Kid has no instincts.

Mingo is TINY. He makes Maybin look like a tank. I like his speed and "bend", but I just don't think he can hold up....

Dion Jordan? Production AND measurables....and to be honest, I could care less about his ability to drop into coverage (although hes as fluid a DE/OLB prospect as any in a while). The thing with him is he will grow into a freak in the NFL, while I think Mingo is the type that struggles to hold weight. A 6'6 kid that can bend the edge and get to the QB? And grow into NFL size? With speed? Yeah, sign me up for that....

Ansah has to play in a 4-3 defense in order to be succesful in the NFL. He will be the reincarnation of Vernon Gholston if you ask him to play 3-4 OLB he will be lost out there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Disagree about Jordan. He has the body of pass rusher (long arms, closing speed, quickness) and he doesn't seem like a lazy flake like Vernon Gholston. It probably won't happen right away and he will at first be a liability versus the run but he will be an effective 3rd down pass rusher which every team needs.

As far as him dropping back into coverage I don't really think it's a huge deal OLB's main responsibility is rushing the qb and sealing the edge on running plays. Let the DB's and ILB's fall back into coverage in nickel and dime schemes.
    I think Jordan is a solid prospect - I just don't see why he's ranked so highly - especially compared to Mingo.

In scouting reports - they constantly refer to his coverage skills (esp. vs TEs) but it seems like its all based on some vague assessment of his "body type."

Low PD stats in college for Jordan is especially troubling - given his size. Gholston also only had 3 PDs in his Ohio State career. Mingo has 11.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. All it takes is for the tackles to go 1 and 2, and then the Eagles go with Johnson or Mingo(or Geno).

I don't think it's out of the question for the draft to fall like

1. Fisher/Joeckel
    2. Joeckel/Fisher
    3. Floyd
    4. Mingo or Johnson
    5. Ansah(he's a better 4-3 fit than Jordan)
    6. Millner
    7. Warmack/Cooper
    8. Other Guard or QB
    9. We have our pick between Mingo and Jordan.

If the Jags go T at 2, it's a very real possibility. Still unlikely, but possible.
    Couple points your missing . Fisher might go off the board at 2 but it won't be the Jaguars. They will trade down and it could be eagles, Detriot or Arizona that move up to 2. Jaguars could still take D Jordan. (as all those potential trade teams draft in front of Jets)
    If both Tackles go off the board 1 +2 Suddenly lane Johnson becomes in high demand at number 3(Raiders will have trade options there and for Dion Jordan. Raiders can pick up more picks and still get a guy if they drop back a couple of spots.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post

Production? What was so great about Jordan's production?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...15/dion-jordan

I like Jordan a lot, but he is almost as much of a boom or bust as Mingo is.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Production? What was so great about Jordan's production?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...15/dion-jordan

I like Jordan a lot, but he is almost as much of a boom or bust as Mingo is.
    They're all "boom or bust", Faux-Goulet. Especially in the first...and truth be told, I still think Jarvis Jones is gonna be a total badass.....

But Dion Jordan was a difference maker (pretty much the only one) on D the last couple of years up there/

I just don't like Mingo. Too small, and admittedly lazy. Coples admitted to being lazy, but there were extenuating circumstances at UNC, and hes a physical freak.

Out of the three (Jordan, Ansah, and Mingo) I just think Jordan is the hybrid of Mingo athleicism and Ansahs upside.