Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drew Brees said ivory traded to the jets

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Guessing that McKnight would be the odd man out, Ivory and Goodson are locks, and then Powell probably. McKnight should get a chance to compete in camp though
    That stellar 2010 draft.....

This draft is such a large part of the reason we suck today. An entire draft and no players. Our 1st, Wilson is a servicable player. After that? NOTHING.

Good teams can't have 4 picks and only 1 works out marginally.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Video's linked to on Steiny's page.

People don't like Mehta because he publicized the split locker room last year. It was happening, and he reported it. Not sure what else you want from a reporter.
    Mehta behaved like a child after the season ended, when the Jets waited a week to give their end of the year press conference. His whine-fests over it, and the paparazzi-like reports over Rex going to the Bahamas were an embarrassment.

The other stuff didn't matter to me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    He might've let it slip, but nothing's confirmed. I'd say a deal gets announced on Saturday.
    Basically that is what was reported in the New Orleans paper, everyone is sort of hedging their bets till the 5th round i guess to see what is there

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Don't discount this. Rex has talked about McKnight being more than capable of playing DB many times. Maybe they switch his position for good.
    I could definitely see that happening. Rex has said McKnight has the raw talent to be a top CB.

In any event, he's worth keeping around for special teams alone. Plus, carrying 5 tailbacks is quite possible anway, especially when it is likely the Jets will carry a maximum of 1 FB.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    That stellar 2010 draft.....

This draft is such a large part of the reason we suck today. An entire draft and no players. Our 1st, Wilson is a servicable player. After that? NOTHING.

Good teams can't have 4 picks and only 1 works out marginally.
    thats insane...

Wilson - 29th pick in the first round - if going into it you are told you will get a starting caliber corner at 29 you would take that. last year wilson was a good starting corner for this team (people forget the aaron beasleys of the world).

Ducasse - 61st pick, bust (probably).

Mcnight - 4th rounded, great KR, marginal RB...i dont think you could say its a bust for where he was drafted.

Connor - 5th round, bust.

i think this is a "decent" draft. you dont hit on 4th and 5th rounders every year, and the jets have hit on them here and there over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    This isn't the first time you've been defensive of Mehta, and sometime pretty vehemently... Are you him?

And what video? Link? Or have you just been assured there is a link by anonymous sources?
    Ron Swanson is Mehta

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    thats insane...

Wilson - 29th pick in the first round - if going into it you are told you will get a starting caliber corner at 29 you would take that. last year wilson was a good starting corner for this team (people forget the aaron beasleys of the world).

Ducasse - 61st pick, bust (probably).

Mcnight - 4th rounded, great KR, marginal RB...i dont think you could say its a bust for where he was drafted.

Connor - 5th round, bust.

i think this is a "decent" draft. you dont hit on 4th and 5th rounders every year, and the jets have hit on them here and there over the years.
    My response was to the post that McNight will be released if we get Ivory. I sort of like McNight.

An entire draft and we get only Wilson? He is an average Corner. Thats good. Average in the NFL is good.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 04-25-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Video's linked to on Steiny's page.

People don't like Mehta because he publicized the split locker room last year. It was happening, and he reported it. Not sure what else you want from a reporter.
    How about an end to constant dubious "anonymous" Jets sources for starters?

Mehta is nothing more than a hack. He's been a colossal hack and waste of time since the day he moved over to the Daily News. But his articles do a damned good job lining the bottom of our bird cage.

One more thing... in the event "Ron Swanson" is just an alias for Manish Mehta of the Daily Rag.... you suck and you are an embarrassment to the journalism profession.
    Last edited by Dcat; 04-25-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Teams nowadays always have 4 RB's. McKnight isn't going anywhere. Dude is a probowl kick returner and good at a number of things on special teams.

i don't know how idzik can go into the draft thinking he can get ivory for a 5th once the 2nd day starts. what if they pass on rbs they like and then the saints keep him or deal him to another team? for all we know the jets could take franklin in the 2nd.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    He would have nailed the comma after intended.
    I dont have time to b gramtically correct on a msg brd

Its not worth my effort

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Ron Swanson is Mehta
    Mehta World Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i don't know how idzik can go into the draft thinking he can get ivory for a 5th once the 2nd day starts. what if they pass on rbs they like and then the saints keep him or deal him to another team? for all we know the jets could take franklin in the 2nd.
    I'm a big fan of Franklin, but we could also easily go to war with the RB's we have right now. RB is one of the easiest positions to fill.

Hell, Cedric Benson is available on the street and a guaranteed legitimate NFL RB.

Still rooting for the Ivory trade to get done... HOpefully for nothing more than a 5th

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    I'm a big fan of Franklin, but we could also easily go to war with the RB's we have right now. RB is one of the easiest positions to fill.

Hell, Cedric Benson is available on the street and a guaranteed legitimate NFL RB.

Still rooting for the Ivory trade to get done... HOpefully for nothing more than a 5th
    agreed. idzik just can't count on ivory at a certain point and i could see a scenario where the jets are on the clock in the 2nd and franklin is there and they call the saints and ask one more time if they'd do it for a 5th. hope they get ertz in the 2nd anyway. like the rb from florida in the 4th.

All League
    Mcknight is a better RB/KR/ST/S than ivory could ever be

and its sad to say, but he is also much more durable than ivory

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Maybe we could give the Saints McKnight and a sixth for Ivory lol
    I like the RB depth in this year's draft and wouldn't mind drafting one in the 3rd round, but I wouldn't be opposed to this trade- I've never been a McKnight fan but I would like us to retain as many picks as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    Nonsense. If Ivory is healthy, he could be a top 15 every down RB. McKnight can't compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    How about an end to constant dubious "anonymous" Jets sources for starters?

One more thing... in the event "Ron Swanson" is just an alias for Manish Mehta of the Daily Rag.... you suck and you are an embarrassment to the journalism profession.

People who complain about anonymous sources...don't understand journalism. Look up what "on background" means. Sometimes information comes and people don't want their name linked to it.

Ron Swanson is totally an alias for Manish Mehta. Totally smart assumption.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post

and its sad to say, but he is also much more durable than ivory
    I like McKnight, but as a RB IVory is far better.