Thread: Met a bunch of the potential 1st rdrs yesterday...

Waterboy

Met a bunch of the potential 1st rdrs yesterday...

Met a bunch of the potential 1st rdrs today...
    Quick impressions,
    1. Mingo is rail thin. Scares me because of it.
    2. Tavon Austin is TINY.
    3. I'm 6'1.5 and had my pic taken with Geno Smith and I'm taller than him.
    4. Ziggy Ansah is a monster. Tall, ripped.
    5. Eric Fisher is shredded. Not much fat on a big OT.
    6. Warmack was huge, nice, friendly and smiled a lot when we brought up playing for the Jets.
    7. Sheldon Richardson said he'd love to play for Rex.

Nothing earth shattering but kind of a cool afternoon.

All Pro
    Interesting, thanks for posting.

I am terrified of Mingo. Big Safeties like LaRon Landry and Kam Chancellor are bigger than this guy.

Personally very intrigued by Austin, even though he is a smurf. Looks like Percy Harvin without the headaches (both literally and metaphorically).

You didn't meet Johnathan Cooper? Very interested in seeing him as a Jet.

Waterboy
    25 guys or so were there so it was tough to see everyone. I knew Austin was small but man he's REALLY small. Warmack was very cool and seemed genuinely excited about the whole process. Somehow I missed cooper. My buddies and I all remarked about how thin Mingo is. Also, there's no way Geno Smith is 6'2" 220.

Quote Originally Posted by mdkeller28 View Post
    25 guys or so were there so it was tough to see everyone. I knew Austin was small but man he's REALLY small. Warmack was very cool and seemed genuinely excited about the whole process. Somehow I missed cooper. My buddies and I all remarked about how thin Mingo is. Also, there's no way Geno Smith is 6'2" 220.
    You do realize the combine did official height and weight and Smith was 6'2 3/8". I find it hard to believe the combine official measurements which are probably calibrated accurately to the millimeter could be incorrect over some random guy's eyeballing of a person. Nothing personal dude, one thing to question a team's official listing of height and weight, but no way the combine gets it wrong

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    You do realize the combine did official height and weight and Smith was 6'2 3/8". I find it hard to believe the combine official measurements which are probably calibrated accurately to the millimeter could be incorrect over some random guy's eyeballing of a person. Nothing personal dude, one thing to question a team's official listing of height and weight, but no way the combine gets it wrong
    Not random eyeballing. I'm standing right next to him.

The heights from the NFL combine cannot be disputed. It's done in a roomful of people. Teams will change player heights for the media guide, but if you ever want to know how tall someone really is, you just have to go find their combine measurements.

He could have been slouching a little when you were next to him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

maybe you should've taken off your high heels.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    The heights from the NFL combine cannot be disputed. It's done in a roomful of people. Teams will change player heights for the media guide, but if you ever want to know how tall someone really is, you just have to go find their combine measurements.

He could have been slouching a little when you were next to him.
    I'm trying to post the pic but it's too big and I'm an idiot