Thread: On the day of the NFL Draft, Daniel Jeremiahsubmitted his final mock draft

On the day of the NFL Draft, Daniel Jeremiahsubmitted his final mock draft

yuck...nothing against Hayden but it would be a dumb pick..And I wouldn't want Austin at 9

Pick No.

Tavon Austin
    WR

Pick No.

D.J. Hayden

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...eremiah/171007

Undrafted Free Agent
    We have tons of needs and those picks would fill two of them. I'd be OK with this.

Really, there are about 10-12 players or so that I'd be OK with who would realistically be available at 9 and 13.

I just don't want to take a QB until we have a head coach with more than a one-year contract. Many other draft scenarios are fine.

I just can't see this happening. I feel like our need at safety is much bigger than a need at CB. If the Jets draft a CB in the first 3 rounds I feel like it's just an attempt to replace Revis. People have to remember we played respectable without him last year, and if you add a coverage free safety and a pass rusher then that would only help.

I'd rather go Tavon Austin/Jarvis Jones. A player like Jarvis Jones upgrades the front 7 while taking some pressure off the secondary.

Jets Insider VIP
    HAYDEN AT 13?

Nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    HAYDEN AT 13?

Nuts.
    No it's not...

Hayden is the best CB in this draft. And that certainly includes Milliner. The foolish mock drafts have just finally caught up to the scouts and executives in the NFL.

Hayden's ball skills are beyond elite. The long speed is also special AND the guy can tackle.

Outside of the fact that people would constantly compare him to Revis, Hayden would be a fantastic pick.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    No it's not...

Hayden is the best CB in this draft. And that certainly includes Milliner. The foolish mock drafts have just finally caught up to the scouts and executives in the NFL.

Hayden's ball skills are beyond elite. The long speed is also special AND the guy can tackle.

Outside of the fact that people would constantly compare him to Revis, Hayden would be a fantastic pick.
    What about his injury? That can be a big risk.

No it's not...

Agree although hoped he'd be available later.I guess he's rising late

Hall Of Fame
    Not awful but definitely not something I would be happy with either. Meh.

No trade ups. No taking a QB @ 9 or 13. No trade down and taking Te'o. Those are pretty much the only things that would really piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    What about his injury? That can be a big risk.
    That is definitely a question. But by all accounts he's fine with that.

Best you can do is trust the doctors and by all accounts, he's OK.

Purely based on his play, the guy has a lot of special characteristics. Most notably is his ball skills. He won't be like Revis in that he will allow some completions, but the guy is also going to be one of those guys to make some big time interceptions. Throw in his speed on top of it all.

No it's not...

Thanks but no thanks. Hayden at 13 is a kamikaze leap on to a row of spears. Jets could trade down from 13 and pick this guys later in the first if they really wanted to. As if some team will snatch him in the top 15 anyway.

Cro and Wilson were ok last year. Jets don't need to replace Revis. What they do need is 2 passrushers who immediately make life easier for everyone in the secondary. They already have Barnes. Getting Mingo and another 1 later in the draft is arguably more important than spending a high pick reach on a cb. That would be overkill.