Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Hell with it! Build an offense for our future QB

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Hell with it! Build an offense for our future QB

1- Austin
    1b- Eifert
    2- deandre Hopkins
    3- Barrett jones
    4- Best defensive player avail.
    5- traded for Ivory
    6- see # 4
    7- see # 6

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that's basically the plan, however Defense can't be neglected it's a see saw if you neglect any one side of the ball the other end is up in the air. Try to keep the see saw even, that's the goal. D can keep the team in games as they build and keep fans interested, hopefully.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I think that's basically the plan, however Defense can't be neglected it's a see saw if you neglect any one side of the ball the other end is up in the air. Try to keep the see saw even, that's the goal. D can keep the team in games as they build and keep fans interested, hopefully.
    That's mostly true, but the game is skewed toward offense. The Pats, Packers, Saints, Colts have been good with very bad, league worst defenses.

The Jets need to find a QB obviously but building a powerful potent offense should be a priority. Defense will need to be a little better than league average and good at playing with a lead. That's the ideal scenario for me.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    That's mostly true, but the game is skewed toward offense. The Pats, Packers, Saints, Colts have been good with very bad, league worst defenses.

The Jets need to find a QB obviously but building a powerful potent offense should be a priority. Defense will need to be a little better than league average and good at playing with a lead. That's the ideal scenario for me.
    Yes when your D is ok. Obviously they need at least 5 players on O which includes the Qb. This D isn't nearly strong enough or can wait a year to be neglected. Plus when you have two picks this high you need to take advantage an get a good player to add to your D. idk.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    1- Austin
    1b- Eifert
    2- deandre Hopkins
    3- Barrett jones
    5- traded for Ivory
    6- see # 4
    7- see # 6
    No this is too much. Pick Mingo at 9, trade down in the first and get Fluker and more picks. I agree with picking Hopkins and Barrett Jones. Jets could also get RB Franklin, and Knile Davis later in the draft. Need some safety help too we have some gaping holes back there. But a werewolf passrusher like Mingo instantly upgrades the secondary by association as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    1- Austin
    1b- Eifert
    2- deandre Hopkins
    3- Barrett jones
    5- traded for Ivory
    6- see # 4
    7- see # 6
    I hate to say it but I think Eifert will be one of our picks maybe at 9. Not that I cant say he isnt worth it. All the WR and Gs seem petty deep where we can pass. No RBs worth taking so TE actually sees like the most logical pick for us. That said eh anther friggen 1st round TE. I wouldnt be shocked if our draft looked like this.
    1 Eifert TE
    1 (trade down in the 24-32 range) Glennon QB
    1-2 Hunter or Allen WR
    2 Sam Montgomery OLB
    3 Christine Michael RB
    3 Dallas Thomas OL
    4 Nico Johnson ILB
    Ya know what I'd be OK with it even with the TE early. Bur I think either way TE, QB, WR, and OLB and up being our 1st 4 picks at this point. Then RB if we dont get the Ivory deal done.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Yes when your D is ok. Obviously they need at least 5 players on O which includes the Qb. This D isn't nearly strong enough or can wait a year to be neglected. Plus when you have two picks this high you need to take advantage an get a good player to add to your D. idk.
    Past 3 1st rounders spent in D. They can take this year off.

They have some nice, young pieces to build around.. Wilk, Coples, Cro... and some guys who need PT to develop... Ellis, Davis, Wilson

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

Yes the game is based on offense right now, but as the NFL has shown, defenses catch up.

Would we rather be trying to get our offense up to speed after the trend toward offense already happened or do we find and OLB, then add to our offense in the trenches and go that way?

We need an OLB and there are some excellent ones here, now is not the time to go double offense, especially with a TE