Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official 2013 Draft Thread***

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I really cant believe what I just witnessed. Our offense was brutal and our QB ran for his life most of the year. We did nothing, AGAIN, to protect this position.

On the other hand, as bad as we were last season, our DLine looked solid with young players playing well and with Revis out, Kyle Wilson stepped up pretty well.

Didnt we take DBrick and Mangold a few years back and it set the tone for some pretty good football for years to come? Couldnt we have solidified that position and rejuvenated Mangold and DBrick as well. I dont get it

I am stunned
    this.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eifert /Ertz/Escobar/Kelce .... you can't tell me with any certainty who's better here. You'd think Jets fans would've learned by now that taking a TE in the 1st round is just unbelievably, incredibly, helmet-wearing, short-bus ridin' stupid. Just stupid.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    I just don't understand the thinking.

We are, debatbly, the single worst team in the NFL on offense.

One of the least talented teams in the NFL on offense.

So horrible, it's actually been difficult to watch our O play the past two years.

We bring in a new GM, hopefully (in part) to reign in Rex's "All D, All the Time" lopsided leadership of the franchise.

What do we do.......we draft a CB who will be a cheaper, worse Revis. And ANOTHER DT to joing the one we draft every year it seems.

Neither will be anything close to a gamechanger. Neither will help our pathetic Offense. Neither is particularly special.

And neither was the consensus BAP either, both were selected ahead of the #1 rated guy at their spots.

I just don't understand.
    So who should the Jets have taken that was worth the #13?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Im speechless. I saw nothing to suggest he is better than floyd and star.

You guys who are angry about our offense never understood this draft. There was never anyone to take early
    Speed? But at a very odd position. I'm not terribly happy with these picks, but they're both solid defensive players and not really a reach in either case. Obviously must have been the BPA's on their board. I agree with you about offense. I was looking at the rankings and the offensive players left other than Warmack were most definitely reaches. Jets are going the conventional route re filling offensive line holes. Later in the draft. Better be focused on offense from here on out though, with maybe a safety in the mix.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys who are angry about our offense never understood this draft. There was never anyone to take early
    They could have gone OLINE

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

They must have seen something in the guy because they are clearly just going BAP in this draft, which, by the way, I like. I hated the Tanny "targeting" strategy that left the team thin on depth and beholden to a few players.

IT's easy to get on the Jets about Richardson, but why didn't any of the experts get on the Lions for Ezekial.... the guys got Gholston written all over him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    rofl EJ Manuel to Bills!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    They could have gone OLINE
    They don't need OL. They signed Colon in free agency for a reason.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't love that they too players at arguable our two positions of strength and in our last 5 1st rd pics, we have now taken 2 CBS and 3dls. That being said, if this is a longer term rebuild, I think they are doing the right thing in selecting what they think is BAP.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCroatian View Post
    rofl EJ Manuel to Bills!
    Have no idea why you're laughing...this guy will be good!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I like the Milliner pick. Solid
    So we were all set with Cromartie and Wilson huh, that's why they jump all over a CB with the first pick.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    I just don't understand the thinking.

We are, debatbly, the single worst team in the NFL on offense.

One of the least talented teams in the NFL on offense.

So horrible, it's actually been difficult to watch our O play the past two years.

We bring in a new GM, hopefully (in part) to reign in Rex's "All D, All the Time" lopsided leadership of the franchise.

What do we do.......we draft a CB who will be a cheaper, worse Revis. And ANOTHER DT to joing the one we draft every year it seems.

Neither will be anything close to a gamechanger. Neither will help our pathetic Offense. Neither is particularly special.

And neither was the consensus BAP either, both were selected ahead of the #1 rated guy at their spots.

I just don't understand.
    Which corner was rated higher than Milliner?!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meanwhile, the Saints and Bills with total LOL picks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Floyd falls into Pittsburgh's lap. This should be a telling pick.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    So who should the Jets have taken that was worth the #13?
    We spent a #1 pick on a depth guy (we have three starter-quality DLinemen) who is a reach at that spot (left the top guy at the position on the board) at a position not of any need.

When we have the worst O in the NFL, just lost our TE, and had a game-changer pass-catching TE sitting right in front of us.

I would have selected Warmack and Eifert.

Instead we took a Bubba Gump CB with worse hands than Anthony Becht and a D-Rob DT who won't crack the starting lineup.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCroatian View Post
    rofl EJ Manuel to Bills!
    IT's official.... Nassib will be a HOF'er

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay! We still have these players left:

DeAndre Hopkins, Ryan Swope, Larry Warford, Dallas Thomas, Kyle Long, Justin Pugh, Zac Ertz, Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen, Cordarelle Patterson, robert Woods, Stedman Bailey, Quinton Patton, Wheaton, Jamie Collins, Alex Okafor.

I hated the Coples pick last year and now I like the kid.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    They don't need OL. They signed Colon in free agency for a reason.
    Colon is over 30 and has had two MAJOR injuries recently where he did not play for two full seasons.

He was released by a team that ALWAYS seems to release players at the right time.

THIS IS WHY WE DIDNT GO OLINE?????

Good lord

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    They must have seen something in the guy because they are clearly just going BAP in this draft, which, by the way, I like. I hated the Tanny "targeting" strategy that left the team thin on depth and beholden to a few players.

IT's easy to get on the Jets about Richardson, but why didn't any of the experts get on the Lions for Ezekial.... the guys got Gholston written all over him.
    I like the BAP approach, just don't like the way the first round of the draft played out for us. Hopefully these guys will prove they can play and we can get some offense tomorrow night in rounds 3 & 4.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    someone explain to me why I am still a Jets fan...40+ years of misery

**** this ****