Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheldon Richardson...your thoughts please?

Judging by this thread, and the fact this forum has continually whiffed on good players in the draft in the past, this guy is likely heading to the Hall of Fame.

All League
    Sheldon Richardson ‏@Godforshort 2 Apr

Jus touched down in Minnesota #jetlife literally
    Details

Dude tweets "Jetlife" on April 2nd, he knew where he was going over 3 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    You're a fool

Understand the game first

Richardson is a stud.....We're building a DLine...you know like the Giants have used to beat the Pats
    Rex doesn't really miss on DL. He turns UDFAs (e.g. Devito) into good players. When he starts getting these talented, first rounders, they turn into absolute beasts.

Richardson is good. Very violent and intimidating player.

The defensive fronts we're going to use will be interesting. Coples isn't a true 3-4 DE. Richardson can be, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Our last 5 1st round picks. *Wilkerson, coples, millner, richardson, kyle wilson. *All corners and dline. *F#ckin pathetic.
    Yes, and Wilson is obviously not good enough to start opposite Cro. Just amazing. This franchise is doomed.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Both will be big time players. No, I thought we'd tale Eifert in #13 but I am fine with Richardson. From what I've seen and read, he's a beast! Milliner will also be solid for us at the corner. Book it!!!!!

Odd pick, but moves and plays like a 300 lb OLBer... Explosive first step, has a nasty streak, and great hustle...

The dude is a bad ass and I Definitely like him as a prospect, just don't know how he fits the Jets defense...

I guess we'll find out...

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Yes, and Wilson is obviously not good enough to start opposite Cro. Just amazing. This franchise is doomed.
    It's clear that the Jets aren't high on Wilson or Ducasse. 2010 was an awful draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    When Warmack is available..... I wanted Warmack, not an injury prone Millner.

Although, this Richardson pick may be better than we thought.

I just read a few reports. I simply had my sights on Floyd.

Not sure why he dropped?

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Rex doesn't really miss on DL. He turns UDFAs (e.g. Devito) into good players. When he starts getting these talented, first rounders, they turn into absolute beasts.

Richardson is good. Very violent and intimidating player.

The defensive fronts we're going to use will be interesting.
    Coples isn't a true 3-4 DE. Richardson can be, though.
    The bolded part is sure true. I don't see how we are going to make the best use of all three guys on every play.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    It's clear that the Jets aren't high on Wilson or Ducasse. 2010 was an awful draft.
    WOW. breaking news.

STRENGTHS:

"The (Sheldon) Richardson kid is exciting," NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said.

"At 300 pounds to me he has the skills of a 250-pound linebacker. Missouri actually stood him up. How often do you see a defensive tackle standing up to play a linebacker position at 300 pounds? So, obviously Missouri and Dave Steckel were highly impressed with this kid's athletic ability. He's really gifted. I think his natural position is a three-technique defensive tackle in a four-man front but it's not the only position he can play. You can move him around and just about all 32 teams in the league can find a way to use his skill set. He's really exciting. He's got a ton of upside and he's as physically gifted a defensive player as there is in this draft."

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    WOW. breaking news.
    the jets have no corners after Cro and Wilson...what does one have to do with the other? who is our #3 corner??

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    When Warmack is available..... I wanted Warmack, not an injury prone Millner.

Although, this Richardson pick may be better than we thought.

I just read a few reports. I simply had my sights on Floyd.

Not sure why he dropped?
    Well I figure in the modern game, Tight End is super important and we lost ours.

All Pro
    I think what's going on here is a change for the Jets that's taking us all by suprise.

The NYJets are picking the best player available on their board regardless of position.

The highest rated player left was Milliner and they took him
    On their Board it was Richardson and they took him

My Question is what scheme are the Jets playing with a 300lb penetrating NT.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I like the Richardson pick better than Milliner.
    Me too. Evidently they were the best/highest players available on the Jets draft board. We'll have a beastly D and Revis won't be missed. Beastly DL - Coples,Wilks, Richardson, passrusher Barnes (need another though), CB's of Cro, Wilson and Miliner, safeties need to be shored up though. If anything qb's will be getting a beating from this D.

Could've been worse. Now they need to address the OL, TE, S from the 2nd round onwards.

The Richardson pick was very good at 13.

Watch the tape on this kid, he is a 300 lb athletic freak who constantly draws help in the interior. Our DL will be a force to be reckoned with.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Because the Jets hate OLBs.
    They really do. It is unreal. Not sure what it will take to finally get Terry Bradway out of that building. He must have some seriously incriminating photos of Woody.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    the jets have no corners after Cro and Wilson...what does one have to do with the other? who is our #3 corner??
    I got a kick out of the VLAD comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Hip Screw View Post
    I think I'm divorcing this team... Is there legal documents for that? Leaving something I love due to irreconcilable differences?
    ROFLMAO, and sad at the same time.............