Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheldon Richardson...your thoughts please?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    Yeah, good defenses don't help you win games or anything.
    You really cant play d in this league anymore its about outscoring people..

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Our last 5 1st round picks. *Wilkerson, coples, millner, richardson, kyle wilson. *All corners and dline. *F#ckin pathetic.
    UNBELIEVABLE!

And STILL no pass rush. No offense. No speed on offense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waiting for 2 hours to pass, people will start posting videos of our new players and then people will start coming around and liking them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    You will.

Watch Richardson play, and you'll understand.

God don't make too many guys Richardson's size with his speed and motor.
    But is he a NT?!?! We got Coples and Wilkerson locking up the 3-4 DE spots for a decade...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    richardson was a dominant DT last year... 14 tackles against the alabama OL (yes the same OL with the greatest guard in history)

Richardson is going to be a great player....he has a size speed combo that doesn't come along often, and NO ONE ever accused Sheldon Richardson of taking plays off.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember QB's hate rushers in the face especially Brady. This guy can get to the QB so hopefully our DL is the best in the NFL in two years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eh. I just have this strange feeling. Millner and Richardson are both really good players. They really are. Richardon especially is much better than most people know.

But the issue is that these picks make me think the Jets have like a 3 year plan to rebuild, not a second sooner. BPA is a good strategy. I like it, it usually works. But it's going to take 3 years to build up a talent level that way because we are going to overstock certain positions by doing so, a la CB and DT like tonight.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    You will.

Watch Richardson play, and you'll understand.

God don't make too many guys Richardson's size with his speed and motor.
    Here is my problem, where the hell is he going to play. We better be converting to a 4-3 because if he is a nose tackle he'll stand there and try and take on double teams all game and do nothing. Then we will have coples and wilkerson standing there taking on blockers in a 3-4 and the guys who are supposed to provide pass rush in that scheme are ....oh yeah garrett freaking macintyre.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Its sickening! They are a sick bunch of losers. WRECKS sucks! His defense better be GREAT this year or the new stadium is going to be empty!
    If the Jets CAN'T SCORE POINTS, it doesn't matter how good the Defense is.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the way things always work here. First there are threads of outrage, demanding their Jets fandom card back. Then there are threads about the actual abilities of the players drafted, and these same fans actually learn about who was picked, and chime in with threads on "I'm starting to warm up to pick X or Y" etc...Every. Freaking. Year...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Just because you don;t know the guys name, doesn't mean he's not a great pick

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...op-draft-class

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Can anyone explain why we took another 3-4 DE when we already have 2 from the last 2 drafts.

Literally sick about the pick of richardson....makes ZERO sense.

If we didnt like the spot id rather move down for a "bad price"
    I just don't get this move. Richardson is under 300 lbs. He is the same player as wilk and couples. Where does he play. He's not a nose tackle. This makes no sense. Are we changing to the 4 3? I haven't been this dissapointed since we took nugent in the 2nd round.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not for nothing but this draft is not exactly our friend. No big time offensive players in the entire draft. So we are stuck with def until the 2nd. I would have liked Star much better but what the hell do I know.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guess we are switching to a 4-3

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    According to DraftDaddy.com Milner is rated #4 and Richardson is #9. These guys are very good picks but what about Offense?
    Me thinks the Jets didn't do their own research for their needs and just used DraftDaddy.com.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only way this makes an ounce of sense is if we're switching to a 4-3.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tony's scouting report:

Positive: Explosive, game-impacting defensive lineman with a versatile game. Fires off the snap with a terrific first step, plays low to the ground with outstanding pad level, and rarely knocked off his feet. Powerful and plays with a great amount of intensity. Quickly changes direction and pursues down the line of scrimmage with speed. Very athletic and makes plays in all directions. Violently attacks the action, goes after ballcarriers, and forces a lot of turnovers. Consistently makes plays behind the line of scrimmage. Occupies blocks and creates opportunities for teammates.

Negative: Occasionally bites on ball fakes. Slow getting off blocks once locked up at the point.

Analysis: Richardson is a tremendous combination of athleticism, intensity, and power. He offers possibilities as a conventional defensive tackle, 3-technique tackle, or even as a defensive end in the 3-4 alignment. He's a prospect who should only improve as he physically matures and learns the game.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Jets finally try to build a defensive front similar to what we've been screaming the Giants have done....now we're doing it, and everyone's b1tching

Only Jets fans

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    But is he a NT?!?! We got Coples and Wilkerson locking up the 3-4 DE spots for a decade...

If you're playing a 3-4, I suppose....but...

We played a LOT of 4-3 last year. Richardson is stout enough to play inside, and fast enough to play outside. He's just a disruptive kinda guy all around, and versatile enough to allow Rex to play multiple fronts.