Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheldon Richardson...your thoughts please?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets tok BPA.....NFL.com had Milliner rated at 93 and Richardson at 91. We need a guard , TE and safety which are the positions with biggest depth in this draft. Have some patience and let's wait and see these guys on the field first before making judgements.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greygoose11 View Post
    Jets tok BPA.....NFL.com had Milliner rated at 93 and Richardson at 91. We need a guard , TE and safety which are the positions with biggest depth in this draft. Have some patience and let's wait and see these guys on the field first before making judgements.
    This guy gets it

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't everyone say you win in the trenches?? Richardson helps our DL. Dee fills in where Revis left a gaping hole. OL, TE and maybe an OLB later in the draft. The more some of the "fans" complain, the more I know this front office knows what they are doing. Rex will find a way to get to the QB with a DL that will have three guys that deserve a double team which can't be done. I like these two picks because they still filled the need. Rex has never had an pass rushing OLB here and has found a way to be in the top 5 in defense twice and we also added more speed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Doesn't everyone say you win in the trenches?? Richardson helps our DL. Dee fills in where Revis left a gaping hole. OL, TE and maybe an OLB later in the draft. The more some of the "fans" complain, the more I know this front office knows what they are doing. Rex will find a way to get to the QB with a DL that will have three guys that deserve a double team which can't be done. I like these two picks because they still filled the need. Rex has never had an pass rushing OLB here and has found a way to be in the top 5 in defense twice and we also added more speed.
    Exactly, both picks had stellar rankings and Jets basically went BPA. Jets already have one speedy passrushing OLB who has actually shown he can produce (unlike Maybin). Jets can still pick up another passrushing OLB, TE, S, RB and OL depth with the remaining picks. Jets interior pass rush will be crazy this year, then you factor in the OLBs. What!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sheldon is a fantastic pick. Happy to have him.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    explosive player who plays angry.....obvious no one here watches any college football....oh well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy is great player . Just wished we would of went offense . Either way Kendrick Ellis ur on notice.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    This organization is just fing cursed!!

Right when I was starting to believe in Idzik.

I am sick.
    Not me.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Yes, and Wilson is obviously not good enough to start opposite Cro. Just amazing. This franchise is doomed.
    What would you do without your snuggle-buddy Joe W.?

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsmets84 View Post
    yeah and bad offenses dont help u win either
    Back to ball control with Marty; all these backs can catch and do damage in space. Move the chains, move the chains, greatgawd almighty, move the chains.

We should continue to get 3 and outs with this D. I think the first half of this year will be interesting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hated the pick.

Really hoping I'm wrong and he is the next John randle.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Richardson really a NT in a 3-4?! He weighed in at 284lbs at the combine

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    richardson was a dominant DT last year... 14 tackles against the alabama OL (yes the same OL with the greatest guard in history)
    And a sack.

Not completely unknown:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Rankings.php

Number one DT if you are concerned about Star's heart problem.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j-rome View Post
    I would have eaten my hat if they went QB, Geno or otherwise. MY HAT.
    I LOVE MY HAT
    Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must remain silent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    Richardson is going to be a great player....he has a size speed combo that doesn't come along often, and NO ONE ever accused Sheldon Richardson of taking plays off.
    +1

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    the only offensive player worth taking imo w T.AUSTIN..ala brett favre taken just before us!!..otherwise both pass rushing olb mingo and jordan off the board..jones even though productive player from great school & conf the injury scare had to be a factor otherwise he would have gone top 10..steelers taking a risk..these were 2 solid picks and idzik used PBA theory on a team that needs talent everywhere..you cant kill him..sorry..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Rex doesn't really miss on DL. He turns UDFAs (e.g. Devito) into good players. When he starts getting these talented, first rounders, they turn into absolute beasts.

Richardson is good. Very violent and intimidating player.

The defensive fronts we're going to use will be interesting. Coples isn't a true 3-4 DE. Richardson can be, though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    V L A D ... Part deux
    gotta love this forum. Vlad part 2... too funny! Either that or too stupid!

New York Jets select Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson with the 13th overall pick

By Doug Farrar | Shutdown Corner – 7 hours ago..

The New York Jets have selected Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson with the 13th overall pick in the 2013 NFL draft.

Pros: Absolutely marvelous gap penetrator with the quick-twitch speed and hand movement to upset any blocker. Has a very quick first step off the snap and propels himself through the action. Sifts through blockers well (including double-teams) when angling and trying to beat slide protection. Keeps his head up and his body balanced after initial blocking contact, allowing him to make plays after fist impact. Gets skinny off the snap when facing a single blocker -- will turn his body to get through and has an impressive rip move to reinforce it. Can maul if he gets his hands up before the blocker, though this isn't his predominant attribute. Keeps his feet moving and will wear double teams down. Keeps his eye on the play and will disengage from blockers quickly to make plays downfield. Terrific space defender for his size -- will careen from sideline to sideline more quickly than a big man should. Has the pure agility to back into defense on screen passes, and the ability to drop in zone blitzes.

Cons: Richardson is not a consistent physical "winner" in that he will get stoned by more powerful blockers, especially in the run game. Will also tend to get boxed out if he's moving to the side and into the pocket. Comes off the snap too high at times, leading him to lose leverage and angle battles he should win. Limited experience at the FBS level could hurt him on some draft boards, but his play against better teams will more than make up for it on others.

What he brings to the team: Scary gap versatility. Richardson's first step is what makes him truly special, but make no mistake -- this is a player with a fantastic overall skill set with the ability to be an impact player from the start in the NFL. In addition, his positional versatility will make him indispensable to Rex Ryan.His best position might be as a three-tech tackle with his upper-body strength and agility, but he'll also be able to move with the NFL trend of linemen becoming more position-versatile.
    Was it the right pick? Without question. Richardson might be the best defensive tackle in this class when all is said and done.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    sounds like the 5 pick several years ago that will go down as one of the biggest busts in history
    he's nothing like Gholston. what are u talking about dude?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think he is a good player but how much better than Kenrick Ellis can he be?

WTF???????????
    you must be kidding