Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 224

Thread: A Draft So Bad, It's Not Even Fair To Call Out Idzik, So I Won't

  1. #61
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,112
    What most Competant front offices do when they are on the clock and their BAP player doesn't fill a critical need, they trade the F out of the pick.

    What did he do, just sit there and hope someone was going to call him? He should have had several different scenarios played out so when Milliner was available, call Atlanta. Call Minnesota. Both were looking for corners and eventually go them.

    At 13, SF was rumored to ant Richardson or Vaccaro.

    No, instead of stockpiling picks like Buffalo and New England, we sat on our hands and grabbed two back ups today. Two back ups taken in the top 13 on a potential one win team.

    Woody - I hope you are happy.

  2. #62
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,612
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    What most Competant front offices do when they are on the clock and their BAP player doesn't fill a critical need, they trade the F out of the pick.

    What did he do, just sit there and hope someone was going to call him? He should have had several different scenarios played out so when Milliner was available, call Atlanta. Call Minnesota. Both were looking for corners and eventually go them.

    At 13, SF was rumored to ant Richardson or Vaccaro.

    No, instead of stockpiling picks like Buffalo and New England, we sat on our hands and grabbed two back ups today. Two back ups taken in the top 13 on a potential one win team.

    Woody - I hope you are happy.
    There's really nothing left to say

  3. #63
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    This just tells me Idzik is the Money Guy ... Rex is picking his players for his final year.

    He wants his top 5 defense ... A defense where Sheldon is > Floyd ... Whatever.
    floyd can't even sniff richardsons jock strap when it comes to rushing the passer up the middle

  4. #64
    JETS BLEW LEINART


    or something.

  5. #65
    I like the Milliner pick. Although i wouldve rather kept Revis instead of taking a risk with a rookie CB. Because if Milliner pans out to be great it will take 3years and he will ask for more $$$ than Revis. Are we gonna trade him too then??

    Absolutely hate the Richardson pick!! Seriously another below 300lbs DL?!?
    If we go DL we should take a NT in the mold of a Kris Jenkins, Sione Pouha. Richardson might be good but hes exactly what we have in Coples and Wilkerson already.
    I hope im wrong, but im really not a big fan of this pick.

  6. #66
    Get a clue people - Richardson is an absolute beast.

    About that Warmack you guys like so much. Well Richardson has gone up against him and dominated - had 14 tackles and a sack without much help.

    Nuff said.

    Just one Draft evaluator that agrees:

    http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Rankings.php

  7. #67
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    ...and the lunacy continues.

    I'm all for drafting quarterbacks, but this one?

    SAR I

  8. #68
    In the long history of bad Jets drafts, this is by far the worst.

  9. #69
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    37,078
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    ...and the lunacy continues.

    I'm all for drafting quarterbacks, but this one?

    SAR I
    THAT is the question.

    I'm okay with taking a QB too....but with Nassib, Glennon, etc. on the board why didn't the Jets trade back?

    Are the Jets convinced that Geno Smith is a franchise QB? That's the ONLY way this pick works.

    Also, who from the scouting department wanted him? Was it Bradway who pounded the table for Russell Wilson last year? Was it Idzik, Mornhinweg?

  10. #70
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    In the long history of bad Jets drafts, this is by far the worst.
    Running Back

    Tight End

    Wide Receiver

    Let the next head coach pick his QB next year when they're supposed to be good. Now we're stuck with 4 of the worst QB's in the NFL. No one is going to want this job next year.

    This isn't a rebuilding team. This isn't even an expansion team. We're the Cleveland Browns.

    SAR I

  11. #71
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posts
    5,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    In the long history of bad Jets drafts, this is by far the worst.
    its only bad in the sense of positions.. this time we just drafted the wrong positions

  12. #72
    SAR this pick is your worst nightmare. Billick just said on TV you hire a coach and let him pick his qb. He's right. Ryan gets his mulligan on Sanchez and he lives or dies with Geno Smith. Of course you have to give Ryan more then one year to die.

    Utter misery.

  13. #73
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,175
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    ...and the lunacy continues.

    I'm all for drafting quarterbacks, but this one?

    SAR I
    This one?

    You mean the one that was pretty much universally considered the best QB in this draft by every major draft analyst out there?

    Do I think Geno will ever approach elite status among the ranks of Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, etc?

    No

    Do I think he can be a respectable Top 15 QB for a decade with possibly a couple of pro-bowls in his future?

    Absolutely


    Idzik isn't stupid. He'll throw Sanchez/Garrard to the wolves and let Geno sit for a year.

  14. #74
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    SAR this pick is your worst nightmare. Billick just said on TV you hire a coach and let him pick his qb. He's right. Ryan gets his mulligan on Sanchez and he lives or dies with Geno Smith. Of course you have to give Ryan more then one year to die.

    Utter misery.
    This should have been the year to make/break Sanchez, eat both his contract and Rex's contract, get a Top 3 pick next year, let the new HC and new GM pick their guys.

    Now I don't know what the hell is going on. Imagine being the HC candidate next year being stuck with Smith and Idzik? This sets the franchise back years.

    SAR I

  15. #75
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    This one?

    You mean the one that was pretty much universally considered the best QB in this draft by every major draft analyst out there?

    Do I think Geno will ever approach elite status among the ranks of Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, etc?

    No

    Do I think he can be a respectable Top 15 QB for a decade with possibly a couple of pro-bowls in his future?

    Absolutely

    Idzik isn't stupid. He'll throw Sanchez/Garrard to the wolves and let Geno sit for a year.
    A wonderful narrative.

    Truth is, this is what happens when you do everything the wrong way. When you allow a defensive coordinator to run amok and ignore the offense. When you hire an offensive coordinator who is unqualified. When you hang your QB out to dry. When you get rid of your GM and get the last pick at dodge ball. When you keep your lame duck HC.

    Even I never thought we could be this much of a mess. It's unbelievable.

    SAR I

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    This should have been the year to make/break Sanchez, eat both his contract and Rex's contract, get a Top 3 pick next year, let the new HC and new GM pick their guys.

    Now I don't know what the hell is going on. Imagine being the HC candidate next year being stuck with Smith and Idzik? This sets the franchise back years.

    SAR I
    So true. People are talking about cutting Sanchez now, but they can't do that because it will accelerate bonuses and make the dead cap money between him and Revis unmanagable.

    Jets can't do anything right. They're an utter disaster.

  17. #77
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    So true. People are talking about cutting Sanchez now, but they can't do that because it will accelerate bonuses and make the dead cap money between him and Revis unmanagable.

    Jets can't do anything right. They're an utter disaster.
    ...and now the Patriots will get Lacey. Just watch.

    SAR I

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    In the long history of bad Jets drafts, this is by far the worst.
    Go back and look at 09,08, 95. This is not even close to our worse draft ever.

  19. #79
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,341
    This thread is dumb; you're not even going against the grain, you're just being negative for effect; your logic is puzzling.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    ...and now the Patriots will get Lacey. Just watch.

    SAR I
    They have 3 very good RBs. I hope they do draft Lacy.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us