Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A Draft So Bad, It's Not Even Fair To Call Out Idzik, So I Won't

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    ...and the lunacy continues.

I'm all for drafting quarterbacks, but this one?

SAR I
    When the top rated QB in the draft and the 2nd highest rated player on Mel Kiper's board (and just about everyone else's as well) falls right in your lap in the 2nd round, how can you not make the pick?

It's a lay-up.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-26-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    SAR doesn't watch college football, doesn't have a clue about the game yet whines?

Who would guess?

A tired old show by this baby

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Go back and look at 09,08, 95. This is not even close to our worse draft ever.
    2010 end thread

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    2010 end thread
    John Conner didnt do it for you I guess.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL.

This is brutal. Our picks might turn out to be good players but we passed on some guys that were absolute layups.
    Yup. And that's the problem. They had the chance to address some real needs with players that were consensus picks and instead tried to be cute.

Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Mornhingweg now realizing what he got himself into.
    Yea, another shot at coaching an NFL team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    When the top rated QB in the draft and the 2nd highest rated player on Mel Kiper's board (and just about everyone else's as well) falls right in your lap in the 2nd round, how can you not make the pick?

It's a lay-up.
    Really? So Kiper's best AVAILABLE player makes this ok? What about the Jets passing on Warmack when he fell in their laps? That doesn't count?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it helps us get rid of sorry's boyfriend, the Turnover Machine, it's the best pick we could have made in the second round

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    If it helps us get rid of sorry's boyfriend, the Turnover Machine, it's the best pick we could have made in the second round
    Agree.

SAR should go be a fan of another team. Obviously the Jets didn't agree with his 30% chance that Sanchez turns it around this year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love this Geno pick, simply because SAR hates it.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This should have been the year to make/break Sanchez, eat both his contract and Rex's contract, get a Top 3 pick next year, let the new HC and new GM pick their guys.

Now I don't know what the hell is going on. Imagine being the HC candidate next year being stuck with Smith and Idzik? This sets the franchise back years.

SAR I
    Posting on this thread because of the love fest for Geno in the others.
    This should have been the plan. Draft quality players on offense (linemen included) and put Sanchez back in a offensive style that suits his skillset. He sucks this year so be it. Get rid of him for next year, and at least the next QB will have something to work with if had drafted offensive talent this year and next (imagine that).
    Just watched the youtube video of the orange bowl and Geno looked average. A couple of the big plays came from YAC from his skilled players. I think the NFL is enamored with running QB's. Wilson might not even be good next season and RG3 might have a set back year after coming off a serious injury.

Im a Jets fan first so Lets Go Geno!
    Edit to add that when he scrambles reminds me of Kapernick with the long strides.
    Last edited by FMJets; 04-26-2013 at 09:26 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    What most Competant front offices do when they are on the clock and their BAP player doesn't fill a critical need, they trade the F out of the pick.

What did he do, just sit there and hope someone was going to call him? He should have had several different scenarios played out so when Milliner was available, call Atlanta. Call Minnesota. Both were looking for corners and eventually go them.

At 13, SF was rumored to ant Richardson or Vaccaro.

No, instead of stockpiling picks like Buffalo and New England, we sat on our hands and grabbed two back ups today. Two back ups taken in the top 13 on a potential one win team.

Woody - I hope you are happy.
    So what were they doing for that entire 15 minutes they were on the clock with both picks? Obviously since you were in the war room why don't you share.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Really? So Kiper's best AVAILABLE player makes this ok? What about the Jets passing on Warmack when he fell in their laps? That doesn't count?
    Apparently they had Sheldon Richardson rated higher then Warmack, so, I am fine with that - they just drafted Winters, a starting caliber Guard in the third round and signed Stephen Peterman who is another OG that was the Lions starting Guard the last several years and traded a 4th rounder for Chris Ivory.

Don't understand how you can B-tch about Geno Smith when he was the consensus highest rated player on the board, as well as the highest rated player at his position which just so happened to be a position of need and he fell into our lap in the 2nd round - that makes no sense - unless you were O.K. with another year of Mark "Mr. Fumble/INT" Sanchez.

You have to remember, this is a 2nd round pick we used on Geno Smith, this isn't a guy who is going to land a 50 million dollar contract or anything even remotely close to that, this is a low risk, high reward, BPA available pick. It's a great move all the way around when you look at it in the proper perspective.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-26-2013 at 10:50 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idzik has found us a day 1 starting corner, dt, guard and a hopefully day 1 starting qb. When was the last time we plugged in 3 maybe 4 day 1 starters?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The draft is a role call for every whiny brain dead fan to ***** no matter who is taken.

We're screwed, were took maybe the best D player on the draft instead of a short guard who struggles pass blocking.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Geno pick in round 2 ... he's no Wilson, RG3, at all ... anyone who thinsk he's a potential day 1 starter THIS YEAR ... hasn't watching him play at all. I watched every game he played this past season cause I'm a compulsive college FB gambler ... he's got the potential to be a starting QB in this league but needs A LOT of work. Don't let the numbers skew your judgement ... he ran a college style offense and thru a lot of screens to some super blazing RB's who would get 40 Yards after the catch every couple of plays. Same goes for the receiver screens. Also his accuracy is very suspect and he's no Kap or RG3 running the ball .. not even close. More Vince Young but isn't bad ....

I can assure you ... he won't beat out Sanchez in week 1 ...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    I love the Geno pick in round 2 ... he's no Wilson, RG3, at all ... anyone who thinsk he's a potential day 1 starter THIS YEAR ... hasn't watching him play at all. I watched every game he played this past season cause I'm a compulsive college FB gambler ... he's got the potential to be a starting QB in this league but needs A LOT of work. Don't let the numbers skew your judgement ... he ran a college style offense and thru a lot of screens to some super blazing RB's who would get 40 Yards after the catch every couple of plays. Same goes for the receiver screens. Also his accuracy is very suspect and he's no Kap or RG3 running the ball .. not even close. More Vince Young but isn't bad ....

First off, there is a really good chance, Sanchez won't even be here week one for Geno to beat out.

Accuracy issues you say? 42 TD's to 6 INT's ? Completed 71.2 % of his passes.

When is the last time you checked Sanchez's numbers....

I don't care if he starts week one or not but it was a great pick where we got him in the 2nd round.

A minimal investment for a player that has the potential to be an impact player down the road and could develop into a franchise QB.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-26-2013 at 10:58 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...and the lunacy continues.

I'm all for drafting quarterbacks, but this one?

SAR I
    If I knew what optimistic or positive SAR looked like, your opinion might actually be worth a two sh*ts. Until then chicken little runs his mouth until something good happens.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post

PLEASE elaborate on Geno's inaccuracy issues. I have watched some college football games he played in : read many draft articles; and pro player gurus do not seem to feel as you do. Please call IDZIK and tell him that you are ready for his job! Oh and for the record, JOE MONTANA also threw several short passes that JERRY RICE or Roger CRAIG took to the house. Should the 49ers give back the Lombardi's? That college offense is what our OC saw and loved how GENO played in it. His WCO and Geno could be a match made in heaven. just sayin'........
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 04-26-2013 at 11:02 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    If I knew what optimistic or positive SAR looked like, your opinion might actually be worth a two sh*ts. Until then chicken little runs his mouth until something good happens.
    Go look up my posts from 2006, 2010, and 2011. Quite optimistic.

Day 1 of the draft was horrible.

Day 2 of the draft muddied the QB mess even more and prevents us from getting one of the two stud QB's next year.

Gave up Revis for a rookie CB. Picked another DL with question marks. Add a QB that every team passed on who is inaccurate.

My grandmother could have drafted better than this. We were a better team last week. Unbelievable.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    SAR doesn't watch college football, doesn't have a clue about the game yet whines?

Who would guess?

A tired old show by this baby
    The biggest joke on this board and in this fan base

A know nothing who gets off from getting attention on a message board