Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 224

Thread: A Draft So Bad, It's Not Even Fair To Call Out Idzik, So I Won't

  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Juvenile homerism or believing in the New GM until he gives us a reason to question his judgement. Throughout the years the Jets loved Matt Ryan, Mark Sanchez, and Russell Wilson. Smith is a better athlete and has a better arm than Ryan and Sanchez and is very comparable to Wilson.

    If you hate the Geno pick, you might want to watch another team at least for next season because Geno is our future at QB.
    This franchise burnt a 2nd on Ducasse a few years ago so I can live with the top QB of the class whos skills fit nicely in a WCO

  2. #142
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,919
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Juvenile homerism or believing in the New GM until he gives us a reason to question his judgement. Throughout the years the Jets loved Matt Ryan, Mark Sanchez, and Russell Wilson. Smith is a better athlete and has a better arm than Ryan and Sanchez and is very comparable to Wilson.
    He's given us reason by passing on a stud OG and stud TE, both positions of need, when they were there for the taking.

    I'm not sure what past infatuation with the QBs you named has to do with the selection of Smith or what I said. If you like what he brings to the table, great. But don't try and say that the Jets are somehow more omniscient than the other 31 teams regarding him.

    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    If you hate the Geno pick, you might want to watch another team at least for next season because Geno is our future at QB.
    I felt it was a nonsensical pick. Not sure why that means I have to watch another team, though. What are you, 15?

  3. #143
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Which is it, what THEY had someone rated or what KIPER did? Make up your mind. The Jets having a player that doesn't fill a need ahead of a player that does (who was touted tops at his position, btw) is ok, but come the 2nd round you're cool with going with what draftniks say. Baffling.

    The rest of what you put forth is said with the advantage of hindsight, so it really doesn't hold water.



    I'm only "b!tching" insofar as the available talent to fill positions of need outstripped that of Smith, regardless of his being picked int eh 2nd round. Value at the QB position isn't the same as value at a position such as OL, WR or S. The rest of your comment speaks to what your true motivation is, which is to be rid of Sanchez, hook or crook. That's foolhardy as the drafting of Smith doesn't resolve that issue, nor does it address the myriad other needs the team has, specifically OLB and interior OL, hindsight excluded naturally.



    I am looking at it with the proper perspective. While you may be correct that getting Smith in the 2nd round is a good deal, you're basing that on analyst musings. The fact is that there were no consensus, top-flight QBs in this draft. The precipitous fall out of the 1st round by Smith, who was largely considered the top QB in the draft, to say nothing of his being passed over by QB hungry Buffalo, speaks to that fact.
    Jets took the best players available in this draft based on their board, in some cases the Jets board matched up with Kiper's ALA the Geno Smith pick, in some cases it didn't like the Richardson pick at 13.

    I really didn't think it was baffling but I guess for you it was.

    I am actually thrilled with what Idzik has pulled off the last 3 days, including the free agency moves.

    Yet you still want to gripe and whine? Hey knock yourself out....
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-27-2013 at 08:19 PM.

  4. #144
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    All things considered, this was a damn good draft. Damn good. I'm excited for training camp.
    Agreed. the Smith pick included, solid all around.

  5. #145
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,919
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Jets took the best players available in this draft based on their board, in some cases the Jets board matched up with Kiper's ALA the Geno Smith pick, in some cases it didn't like the Richardson pick at 13.

    I really didn't think it was baffling but I guess for you it was.

    I am actually thrilled with what Idzik has pulled off the last 3 days, including the free agency moves.

    Yet you still want to gripe and whine? Hey knock yourself out....
    No, your illogical explanation was baffling. You never addressed the argument I put forth. Still haven't. Now that I realize that you had access to the Jets board it all makes sense to me.

    I'm critical of Idzik's decisions to pass on the BPA at positions of need. If you find that to be a good strategy, then bully for you. I find it to be a bit obstinate. Sorry for having a differing view. I'll endeavor to avoid doing so in the future so as to not rankle you further.

    As an aside, I hardly ever post over here on the Strip, and this is the reason why. Anyone that puts forth any kind of contrarian view, no matter how measured and thought out the response, is pounced on with extreme prejudice. Fvcking ponderous.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSET47 View Post
    This was not the year to waste a pick on a QB.
    Totally wrong. When you don't have a quality QB you pick one every year till you find one. No team goes far without a good one. And we don't have one yet, so we should keep taking one till we do.

  7. #147
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    All things considered, this was a damn good draft. Damn good. I'm excited for training camp.


    SAR I

  8. #148
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,201
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I

    SEE BELOW


    SAR I
    IGNORED
    Last edited by sg3; 04-27-2013 at 09:21 PM.

  9. #149

  10. #150
    Geno was the best pick of our draft. I don't remember this many draft gurus a few months ago. Dude has every tool needed to succeed. Arm strength, read ability, mobility, accuracy, height. I believe everyone calling him a punk is racist. Dude is more of an awkward joe than punk. No ego, speaks well, not very colorful personality like Mark was. DEFINITELY not a punk.

  11. #151
    This has got to be the dumbest post I've ever seen. This absolutely belongs on the garbage dump. Figures that SAR started it.

  12. #152

  13. #153
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    This has got to be the dumbest post I've ever seen. This absolutely belongs on the garbage dump. Figures that SAR started it.
    SAR is not very smart when it comes to football.

  14. #154
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks
    Which is it, what THEY had someone rated or what KIPER did? Make up your mind
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan
    Jets took the best players available in this draft based on their board, in some cases the Jets board matched up with Kiper's ALA the Geno Smith pick, in some cases it didn't like the Richardson pick at 13.

    I really didn't think it was baffling but I guess for you it was.

    I am actually thrilled with what Idzik has pulled off the last 3 days, including the free agency moves.

    Yet you still want to gripe and whine? Hey knock yourself out....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    No, your illogical explanation was baffling.
    Illogical?

    I just explained it to you and answered your question quite concisely - and you still don't get it.

    LOL...Dude you're hopeless, I digress....
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-28-2013 at 04:24 PM.

  15. #155
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,919
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Apparently they had Sheldon Richardson rated higher then Warmack, so, I am fine with that ...

    Don't understand how you can B-tch about Geno Smith when he was the consensus highest rated player on the board, as well as the highest rated player at his position which just so happened to be a position of need and he fell into our lap in the 2nd round.
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Illogical?

    I just explained it to you and answered your quite concisely - and you still don't get it.

    LOL...Dude you're hopeless, I digress....
    I think you got too caught up in my rebuttals and forgot what I was originally rebutting(?). You were ok with the Jets passing on a consensus player at a position of need in both Warmack and Eifert, who were also considered immediate impact players, but okay with them going with it in Smith, a player with more than a few detractors. That was what was so baffling.

    Looking back I see that my second response could have come off as antagonistic, but it was meant as more incredulous. Guess things deteriorated from there.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    This has got to be the dumbest post I've ever seen. This absolutely belongs on the garbage dump. Figures that SAR started it.
    I tried taking him seriously and using logical arguments with him before I finally learned my lesson. Don't feed the animals.

  17. #157
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    SAR is not very smart when it comes to football.
    Go back to the Hangar where you are wanted. The adults are talking now.

    SAR I

  18. #158
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,572
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Go back to the Hangar where you are wanted. The adults are talking now.

    SAR I
    jetstream is right; you really aren't very knowledgable when it comes to football. Which is surprising for someone who is a long-term season ticket holder. I guess you spent all those years going to games to socialize with people around you and pretend to be a big shot. Because, all things considered, you know jack **** when it comes to football.

    What other conclusion can we draw from your comments here? Obviously you're being sincere, because whenever someone says you're just trolling you take offense to that charge.

    So, all we can discern is that you're sincere... and stupid.

  19. #159
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    jetstream is right; you really aren't very knowledgable when it comes to football. Which is surprising for someone who is a long-term season ticket holder. I guess you spent all those years going to games to socialize with people around you and pretend to be a big shot. Because, all things considered, you know jack **** when it comes to football.

    What other conclusion can we draw from your comments here? Obviously you're being sincere, because whenever someone says you're just trolling you take offense to that charge.

    So, all we can discern is that you're sincere... and stupid.
    Post of the year

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    jetstream is right; you really aren't very knowledgable when it comes to football. Which is surprising for someone who is a long-term season ticket holder. I guess you spent all those years going to games to socialize with people around you and pretend to be a big shot. Because, all things considered, you know jack **** when it comes to football.

    What other conclusion can we draw from your comments here? Obviously you're being sincere, because whenever someone says you're just trolling you take offense to that charge.

    So, all we can discern is that you're sincere... and stupid.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us