Go Jets.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Let's hope for the best.

Go Jets.

SAR I
    This just tells me Idzik is the Money Guy ... Rex is picking his players for his final year.

He wants his top 5 defense ... A defense where Sheldon is > Floyd ... Whatever.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    This just tells me Idzik is the Money Guy ... Rex is picking his players for his final year.

He wants his top 5 defense ... A defense where Sheldon is > Floyd ... Whatever.
    I know nothing of the draft, I'm not going to pretend that I do.

I just know that a team with no offensive playmakers has even less offensive playmakers and if the plan was to trade down and accumulate picks to use towards offense, we just blew Revis for nothing.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

This is brutal. Our picks might turn out to be good players but we passed on some guys that were absolute layups.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are obviously in the Bridgewater/Clowney sweeps now. Idzik is a freaking genius. Let Rex rebuild his defense in the draft, enough to have a donminant line and 2 good corners but not enough to win games with this horrific offense. Draft Bridgewater. Rebuild offense.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I know nothing of the draft, I'm not going to pretend that I do.

I just know that a team with no offensive playmakers has even less offensive playmakers and if the plan was to trade down and accumulate picks to use towards offense, we just blew Revis for nothing.

SAR I
    You're one of my least favorite posters here, but man, I can't disagree with you with this.

We lost Revis for what? Money?

Utterly Ridiculous.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    sar, i hardly agree with anything you say and often your strong opinions bother me. but you're absolutely right. this is terrible. sign me up. get rex out of here.

we have no offense but we take the 2 positions we were actually decent at: dline and CB. WTF??? at least take a damn LB for christ sake

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This draft tells you all you need to know about Idzik, the guy is a fkn moron. No wonder the freaking Jets hired him! WOW, this is horrible.

Picking another scrub AT 13 when we already have depth there and the guy is a second round pick

DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL.

This is brutal. Our picks might turn out to be good players but we passed on some guys that were absolute layups.
    I'm just glad they didn't reach for Geno Smith or worse Nassib.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    That is probably the only thing we could have done that would have been worse.

How much better than Ellis can this Richardson kid be?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys think rex is a lame duck? This draft tells me that he is completely in charge. He is going nowhere...not even a 4 win season will get him fired. We are screwed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    FIRE REX

But this draft proves it won't happen

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mornhingweg now realizing what he got himself into.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's still the possibility we could get one of those in round 2, looking more likely now that the Bills took Manuel.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That is probably the only thing we could have done that would have been worse.

How much better than Ellis can this Richardson kid be?
    The picks we made last year added with Richardson make me think we go 4-3 really. If that is the case it is a great pick. Coples and Davis both didnt fit well in what we ran. Moves Coples to DE and Davis got some good experience to maybe play OLB. Keep Harris inside and Barnes played in Oaklands 4-3. It pretty much closes the case on what we are running this year IMO. We are off the OLB board with this. Unless Rex's plan is to move Coples over to OLB like I thought he'd do last year.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    By picking Millner, the Jets in effect traded Revis and the 9th pick for the 13th pick and a 4th next years draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get it. We have practically no playmakers on offense, no speed on defense, and traded our best player who was a CB. Yet, we turn around and spend our first pick on a corner and draft the 3rd rated DT???? Someone help me understand this please!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly dont know how idzik can explain this.....millner is fine, richardson is an indescribable failure as a pick.

Even if he is great, we cant play 3 Dlineman who are 295. Even if rex or idzik was switching to a 4-3 this isnt a line that is fast. We can play big guys all we want but we need players like jarvis jones who can chase plays down.

Whats even worse - if we absolutely HAD TO HAVE a DT, Star was on the board, at least he can play NT.

So after having 2 first round picks and holes at OLB, Guard, Safety, and TE we didn't draft a single player from any of those positions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR was right. I was on board with idzik but the resigning of calvin pace brought doubt. After these 2 picks, its official, idzik is terrible.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are obviously in the Bridgewater/Clowney sweeps now. Idzik is a freaking genius. Let Rex rebuild his defense in the draft, enough to have a donminant line and 2 good corners but not enough to win games with this horrific offense. Draft Bridgewater. Rebuild offense.
    I pray you're right.