Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 224

Thread: A Draft So Bad, It's Not Even Fair To Call Out Idzik, So I Won't

  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He's just a fan with a different opinion.

    Idzik's first draft was not a good one. I'm allowed to believe that, in fact, most people do.

    We lost Revis for nothing. Wound up burning our first overall pick on a CB. Another DL'man taken with the bonus pick, yet another opportunity to improve our offense. And then we take Geno Smith who, unfortunately, can't run or catch the ball which is what we need right now.

    SAR I
    Problem is that your opinion is nearly always negative, and borderline Trollish.

    I will admit 1/20 of your posts are fairly interesting. But 14/20 are wasted defending your position, 5/20 just suck.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He's just a fan with a different opinion.

    Idzik's first draft was not a good one. I'm allowed to believe that, in fact, most people do.

    We lost Revis for nothing. Wound up burning our first overall pick on a CB. Another DL'man taken with the bonus pick, yet another opportunity to improve our offense. And then we take Geno Smith who, unfortunately, can't run or catch the ball which is what we need right now.

    SAR I
    Plenty of people have different opinions and don't act like you do. The way you approach the subject of the Jets doesn't allow for constructive debate, you're don't respond to anything except with insults and rampant negativity.

    Being critical of a regime is fine. That isn't what you're doing, and that isn't why you're infamous.
    Last edited by JmercJETS; 04-29-2013 at 12:15 AM.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    No, your illogical explanation was baffling. You never addressed the argument I put forth. Still haven't. Now that I realize that you had access to the Jets board it all makes sense to me.

    I'm critical of Idzik's decisions to pass on the BPA at positions of need. If you find that to be a good strategy, then bully for you. I find it to be a bit obstinate. Sorry for having a differing view. I'll endeavor to avoid doing so in the future so as to not rankle you further.

    As an aside, I hardly ever post over here on the Strip, and this is the reason why. Anyone that puts forth any kind of contrarian view, no matter how measured and thought out the response, is pounced on with extreme prejudice. Fvcking ponderous.
    BPA by whose estimation? Yours? Clearly they didn't agree with w/e your board was. And for the record all the players were well within the norms of another source, Tony Pauline. If we are switching to a 4-3 the Richardson pick makes a lot of sense. Geno Smith at that point is excellent value given his level of upside. Also you are ignoring fit as far as Warmack (I assume he is the guard you are referencing) is concerned. He would be best suited in a power-man scheme, whereas Cooper (who was our apparent target until AZ took him) is best in a ZBS.

  4. #184
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,567
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    + a bunch... Selective enforcement ...
    You're right. If we were 100% consistent, SAR would have been permabanned long ago. His trolling is out of control. He skates by because he used to be a solid poster.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    You're right. If we were 100% consistent, SAR would have been permabanned long ago. His trolling is out of control. He skates by because he used to be a solid poster.
    Win

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I do find it odd how people are allowed to personally attack SAR. If I didn't know any better I would think it was encouraged.

    Just sayin.

    And before the keyboard warriors bash me for defending SAR I would like to point out that I think he is completely wrong and I do think this thread is his passive aggressive way of bashing Idzik.
    +1 It's clear that personal attacks on some are more permissible than they are on others around here. BTW, SAR's posts are often over the top but I'll say this.. he never engages in personal attacks against anyone, much less initiate them. I don't agree with half the things he says sometimes, and its obvious he operates in a shock jock fashion, but it doesn't inspire me to launch a personal attack.

  7. #187
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    jetstream is right; you really aren't very knowledgable when it comes to football. Which is surprising for someone who is a long-term season ticket holder. I guess you spent all those years going to games to socialize with people around you and pretend to be a big shot. Because, all things considered, you know jack **** when it comes to football.

    What other conclusion can we draw from your comments here? Obviously you're being sincere, because whenever someone says you're just trolling you take offense to that charge.

    So, all we can discern is that you're sincere... and stupid.
    lol

    SAR should have lost me at Leinart followed by Sanchez. I kept listening (reading) though. My mistake. Stick to ticket sales and CES reviews. You're not bad at that stuff, SAR.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 04-29-2013 at 12:00 AM.

  8. #188
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,218
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4878873]Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, Bill Polian, Charlie Casserly, etc all rated our draft among the best in the league. Hell, Casserly (the architect of 3 championship teams in Washington) ranked us as 2nd behind only Minnesota.

    Kiper and McShay both gave us the highest grade in the AFC East.

    Basically every draft analyst out there had Geno Smith rated as AT LEAST a Top 25 player, yet it's bad value for us to take him at #39? Sorry, that makes zero sense to me.


    I use to think your affinity for Sanchez was just schtick to get a rise out of people. Now I realize that you're totally serious, and therfore totally and utterly clueless at the same time.

    I love how you say we had a terrible draft when you openly admit that you've never watched a down of college football and could care less about the draft as a whole.

    You're stuck so far up your own ass that you routinely pass off your baseless opinions as facts.[/QUOTE

    Nice logical post.

  9. #189
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,937
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I know nothing of the draft, I'm not going to pretend that I do.

    I just know that a team with no offensive playmakers has even less offensive playmakers and if the plan was to trade down and accumulate picks to use towards offense, we just blew Revis for nothing.

    SAR I
    First intelligent thing you've ever said on this board. Then you go on to contradict yourself countless times in this thread. We're not allowed any personal attacks on this board, and quite frankly I couldn't possibly say anything that could make you look any worse than you do yourself. Mark Sanchez is a better QB than you are a football analyst.

  10. #190
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,383
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He's just a fan with a different opinion.

    Idzik's first draft was not a good one. I'm allowed to believe that, in fact, most people do.
    False. The Jets are getting rave reviews from the true experts who know football talent and value. The Jets took a top 5 guy at #9, another defender around where he should go, got a 1st round talent in Round 2, and got a starting OG in Round 3. Idzik's first draft isn't looking like a good one, its looking like a very good one.

    We lost Revis for nothing.
    False. We "leased" Revis for 6 years at an average of about $9M per. After using the #14 pick to acquire him we sent him to Tampa (injured) for the #13 and a 3rd rounder next year. We arguably got most of his best years out of him and paid an average of $7M per year less than he's getting now. After the lease we actually got more than our down payment back.

    That's not "nothing."

    Wound up burning our first overall pick on a CB. Another DL'man taken with the bonus pick, yet another opportunity to improve our offense. And then we take Geno Smith who, unfortunately, can't run or catch the ball which is what we need right now.

    SAR I
    In a desperate attempt to get offensive playmakers we could have taken 2nd round WRs in Round 1 or a 3rd round TE in Round 2. We didn't and that was smart.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 04-29-2013 at 12:27 AM.

  11. #191

    Smile

    One man's troll is another man's fascinating conversationalist. Sar is an interesting person who forces the typical fan to think a little. If you don't like his posts, don't read them.

  12. #192
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,383
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    One man's troll is another man's fascinating conversationalist. Sar is an interesting person who forces the typical fan to think a little. If you don't like his posts, don't read them.
    Or, read them and disagree with them when they're intellectually dishonest and intended to provoke controversy rather than reasonable debate.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    One man's troll is another man's fascinating conversationalist. Sar is an interesting person who forces the typical fan to think a little. If you don't like his posts, don't read them.
    Indeed.

    SAR posts a very simple post that slams the GM in the title and it results in over 200 posts. He comes in and says he speaks the truth. Pisses off almost everyone, 200 more posts. He loves the Jets, wants Super Bowls.

    I think I understand SAR. He sees what's wrong. He applauds overall victories, doesn't care much for what happens in between. Just deliver wins. The Jets are a rare entity in his life in that he nor anyone can just throw endless money to deliver success. It must be infuriating.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 04-29-2013 at 01:27 AM.

  14. #194
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    W. Germany
    Posts
    1,178
    SAR & this thread = comedy gold, still trying to be better than any patstroll.

  15. #195
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    You're right. If we were 100% consistent, SAR would have been permabanned long ago. His trolling is out of control. He skates by because he used to be a solid poster.
    Really....When?

    Not since I've been here and I have been around a while.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-29-2013 at 05:36 AM.

  16. #196
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,628
    Can we enhance the ignore feature so that we can't see threads started by certain posters as well?

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    lol

    SAR should have lost me at Leinart followed by Sanchez. I kept listening (reading) though. My mistake. Stick to ticket sales and CES reviews. You're not bad at that stuff, SAR.
    Remember those Leinart posts from years ago - hilarious in hingsight - pretty sure he's also had some other really funny ones to do with drafting from other drafts.

  18. #198
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,179
    Congratulations to all those that don't have JIs resident closet chowd troll on ignore.

    The hundreds of posts in just this dumb thread ALL responding to HIM have pretty much made him happier than leasing a new bottom of the barrel level Goringmobile or a shopping spree at Sears

  19. #199
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    You're right. If we were 100% consistent, SAR would have been permabanned long ago. His trolling is out of control. He skates by because he used to be a solid poster.
    In other words, SAR got friends in high places. That is the only explanation for his continuation on this site with the tone he's taken over the past two years. He's actually done more to bring this site down than any other single poster. Sort of like having Mike Francessa personally on the board. And if that doesn't constitute something bannable, I don't know what does. In the end I don't care about banning, but there's something incredibly disingenuous about your comment.

  20. #200
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    And like 39 mil in the next 3 years min.
    That's the funny part. How much better is Revis then Milliner? Would you say its worth paying the guy 12-13 mill more a year?

    People never want to look at the big picture. Not having Revis next year allows us an enormous amount of cap room to bring on to this team.

    Everybody wants to judge Izdik by what he DIDNT do. It's ridiculous to assume all the holes the Jets had were going to be filled with 8 picks.

    The Jets now how a solid base of young talent on defense and the OLINE. They have a young QB to groom. Next year, regardless of this year, we will have a boatload of picks (prob 10 with the comps) and 'dolphin' money to play with.

    The reason why Izdik is such a good GM is his patience.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us