Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: A Draft So Bad, It's Not Even Fair To Call Out Idzik, So I Won't

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Let's hope for the best.

Go Jets.

SAR I
    If someone could be banned for a thread's level of stupidity. This would be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    jetstream is right; you really aren't very knowledgable when it comes to football. Which is surprising for someone who is a long-term season ticket holder. I guess you spent all those years going to games to socialize with people around you and pretend to be a big shot. Because, all things considered, you know jack **** when it comes to football.

What other conclusion can we draw from your comments here? Obviously you're being sincere, because whenever someone says you're just trolling you take offense to that charge.

So, all we can discern is that you're sincere... and stupid.
    Tell me what I don't know about football. You're never in this forum; how would you even know?

Towards the middle of the 2010 season I started to voice an opinion that the Jets weren't constructed properly, all those last minute comeback wins, something was wrong with the defense. Then went on to say it looked like the team wasn't responding to Rex Ryan anymore. But the playoffs came, we bounced back, things looked like an aberration, I thought I might be wrong.

But then 2011 came and it was clear that those early indications were correct. We all know how it went down. Wayne Hunter, no weapons, no running game, Schotty canned, Patriots trample us, locker room implosions.

And 2012, well, just more of same- but worse. Rex Ryan taking the team to a "sleep therapist"? Having his not-captains gather for a "leadership conference"? Leaving Cortland with that pathetic offense, the Tebow mess, the Sparano hire? "This is the best team I have ever coached". Really?

All the signs were there in 2010 if anyone cared to notice. I did. But I know nothing of football, LOL. Fans who get too caught up in the little details miss the big picture. In the end, it's the big picture that wins the Super Bowl, not the little details. I may not know the ideal jock size of a guard, but I sure as hell know when a head coach and a team aren't working. Sure as hell know when a fanbase is delusional and wants to plug its ears from the truth.

If you want Jets Insider to be a fan club, by all means, carry on. Was a time where meaningful discussion went on here.

And a moderator is calling a member "stupid". Very nice. Keep setting those great examples, makes the forum a better place.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

SAR1 knows jack ****

So, all we can discern is that you're sincere... and stupid.

agreed

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    SAR is not very smart when it comes to football.
    He`s just a dick!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    He's given us reason by passing on a stud OG and stud TE, both positions of need, when they were there for the taking.

I'm not sure what past infatuation with the QBs you named has to do with the selection of Smith or what I said. If you like what he brings to the table, great. But don't try and say that the Jets are somehow more omniscient than the other 31 teams regarding him.

I felt it was a nonsensical pick. Not sure why that means I have to watch another team, though. What are you, 15?
    So how many more games were we winning with Warmack and Sanchez?

By Taking Chance at 9, we improve the guard position, but our defense is worse and we still have the worst QB in the league starting.

With Milliner and Richardson added to the defense that gives us the flexibility to utilize Coples in his best position, gives us a beast on the inside with Richardson, and upgrades our CB position from last season.

Now add the fact that we STILL found a true bada$$ and starter at guard. May have found our new RT. and we have a QB that at a minimum, will be head and shoulders better than Mark was last November and December.

So let me ask you, if taking Geno was a nonsensical, who the hell would you have QB this team?

If you say Mark Sanchez, than you are either completely delusional or have not watched a Jet game in close to 2 years.

Oh and by the way, I have followed the Jets religiously since 1981.

Quote Originally Posted by JETSET47 View Post
    I DESPISE this year's draft.

This BPA bullsh*t isn't am proven method. It's a strategy for teams who don't know how to draft!

Case in point, look at our first round pick Dee Milliner. Highest rated CB in the draft. Only problem with this pick, the Jets DIDN'T NEED the highest rated CB.

The Jets needed an OLB like Jarvis Jones, whom we passed on TWICE!!!

All the guy did was make plays, big plays. In the SEC nonetheless!

Then on to the second first round pick. Sherman Richardson, the third highest rated DT (while the first & second were still on the board.) This to me, was a reach.

With the holes at both G positions, the Jets should've jumped all over Warmack. A much better value at the 13 spot & fills a much bigger need.

Then there's Geno Smith, our 2nd round pick. There's a reason nobody else who needed a QB passed on him, except for the Jets! By far the worst pick of the draft. I saw enough of him in the Pinstripe Bowl to not draft him, period. Do we really need another QB at this point in time?

The only pick that made sense was trading a 4th to NO for Ivory.!

I agree with you in regards to the two 1st round picks and wonder why they drafted them? but as far as Geno goes...he didn't play well at all in the Pinstripe bowl but I guess you missed his 656 yd, 8 td game earlier in the year? as far as Ivory being the best thing the Jets did? they paid too much by giving up a 4th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by harts24 View Post
    He`s just a dick!
    He's just a fan with a different opinion.

Idzik's first draft was not a good one. I'm allowed to believe that, in fact, most people do.

We lost Revis for nothing. Wound up burning our first overall pick on a CB. Another DL'man taken with the bonus pick, yet another opportunity to improve our offense. And then we take Geno Smith who, unfortunately, can't run or catch the ball which is what we need right now.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    I agree with you in regards to the two 1st round picks and wonder why they drafted them? but as far as Geno goes...he didn't play well at all in the Pinstripe bowl but I guess you missed his 656 yd, 8 td game earlier in the year? as far as Ivory being the best thing the Jets did? they paid too much by giving up a 4th round pick.
    Ooh boy he put up 656 yards against that tough Baylor Defense. Baylor is perhaps the only D in the NCAA that made WVU's D look good.

Hall Of Fame
    I do find it odd how people are allowed to personally attack SAR. If I didn't know any better I would think it was encouraged.

Just sayin.

And before the keyboard warriors bash me for defending SAR I would like to point out that I think he is completely wrong and I do think this thread is his passive aggressive way of bashing Idzik.

Jets Insider VIP

Idzik's first draft was not a good one. I'm allowed to believe that, in fact, most people do.

We lost Revis for nothing. Wound up burning our first overall pick on a CB. Another DL'man taken with the bonus pick, yet another opportunity to improve our offense. And then we take Geno Smith who, unfortunately, can't run or catch the ball which is what we need right now.

SAR I
    Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, Bill Polian, Charlie Casserly, etc all rated our draft among the best in the league. Hell, Casserly (the architect of 3 championship teams in Washington) ranked us as 2nd behind only Minnesota.

Kiper and McShay both gave us the highest grade in the AFC East.

Basically every draft analyst out there had Geno Smith rated as AT LEAST a Top 25 player, yet it's bad value for us to take him at #39? Sorry, that makes zero sense to me.

I use to think your affinity for Sanchez was just schtick to get a rise out of people. Now I realize that you're totally serious, and therfore totally and utterly clueless at the same time.

I love how you say we had a terrible draft when you openly admit that you've never watched a down of college football and could care less about the draft as a whole.

You're stuck so far up your own ass that you routinely pass off your baseless opinions as facts.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Tell me what I don't know about football. You're never in this forum; how would you even know?
    My knowledgable of the game is directly proportional to the amount of time I waste reading 200+ inane threads about PSLs and Rex Ryan? I think not.

Towards the middle of the 2010 season I started to voice an opinion that the Jets weren't constructed properly, all those last minute comeback wins, something was wrong with the defense. Then went on to say it looked like the team wasn't responding to Rex Ryan anymore. But the playoffs came, we bounced back, things looked like an aberration, I thought I might be wrong.

But then 2011 came and it was clear that those early indications were correct. We all know how it went down. Wayne Hunter, no weapons, no running game, Schotty canned, Patriots trample us, locker room implosions.

And 2012, well, just more of same- but worse. Rex Ryan taking the team to a "sleep therapist"? Having his not-captains gather for a "leadership conference"? Leaving Cortland with that pathetic offense, the Tebow mess, the Sparano hire? "This is the best team I have ever coached". Really?

All the signs were there in 2010 if anyone cared to notice. I did. But I know nothing of football, LOL. Fans who get too caught up in the little details miss the big picture. In the end, it's the big picture that wins the Super Bowl, not the little details. I may not know the ideal jock size of a guard, but I sure as hell know when a head coach and a team aren't working. Sure as hell know when a fanbase is delusional and wants to plug its ears from the truth.
    Oh yes, that's right. You had Rex pegged as a fraud even as he was going to back-to-back AFC title games. You're the only one who picked up on his questionable leadership decisions. You're the smartest guy you know.

If you want Jets Insider to be a fan club, by all means, carry on. Was a time where meaningful discussion went on here.
    Check any one of your PSL threads with 1000+ posts. You don't know the definition of "meaningful conversation." You do know how to rehash old arguments and waste your own time, though. That's for sure.

And a moderator is calling a member "stupid". Very nice. Keep setting those great examples, makes the forum a better place.
    I don't think anyone here objects to me calling it like it is. If you're not a troll, then what are you? Maybe "stupid" is too harsh. How about "terribly misguided"?

SAR I
    SAR since you claim to be so knowledgeable about football, what pick at 13 would have been an impact player for this offense? Eifert maybe? The first wideouts were not drafted until the late 20s, one of them DeAndre Hopkins has a nice ceiling as a number 2 receiver, and the other one Patterson is a project like Stephen Hill was. No team in the draft felt a running back in this class was worth a first round pick.

People don't realize our receivers were never all healthy at the same time besides the first 2 games last season. Holmes, Kerley, and Hill with a resigned Braylon or Brandon Lloyd is a very solid group of receivers. You also don't acknowledge we got a young running back with proven nfl production for our fourth round pick.

The only fair criticism I see right now is that the offense should not rely on Jeff Cumberland/Hayden Smith. With goodsoon/ivory/rebuilt o line we will have a much better running attack, and if we resign braylon or another fa our receivers will be solid as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I do find it odd how people are allowed to personally attack SAR. If I didn't know any better I would think it was encouraged.

Just sayin.

And before the keyboard warriors bash me for defending SAR I would like to point out that I think he is completely wrong and I do think this thread is his passive aggressive way of bashing Idzik.
    Are you kidding me?

The guy has completely ruined more discussions at hand in 6 months than TX did in a decade.

He's turned into the biggest troll on the board, bar none.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Are you kidding me?

The guy has completely ruined more discussions at hand in 6 months than TX did in a decade.

Agreed. It's funny that he references the "good old days" of JI, when you could have meaningful discussion. He was once a great poster, a legend and a must-read, but now he's a caricature. A court jester who should have been executed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Agreed. It's funny that he references the "good old days" of JI, when you could have meaningful discussion. He was once a great poster, a legend and a must-read, but now he's a caricature. A court jester who should have been executed.
    Couldn't agree more

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Are you kidding me?

It's the mods jobs to worry about that. Doesn't give us the right to make personal attacks. Someone has to be the bigger man.

Shame on me for expecting decency on the internet.

Hall Of Fame
    SAR doing his provoke a reaction thing again. How original. Surprisingly effective in this thread however.

Bagged himself a mod this time around.

Jets Insider VIP

SAR I

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Just sayin.
    + a bunch... Selective enforcement ...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    + a bunch... Selective enforcement ...
    I'm outraged.