Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 224

Thread: A Draft So Bad, It's Not Even Fair To Call Out Idzik, So I Won't

  1. #41
    Yes this is this bad. This team is a joke.

  2. #42
    wow just wow on you people here. I saw I was scared of every old except teh kid from florida. I like Milner at nine considering we was supposed to go from 3 to 6 and not reach us. The Dl I could live with I would have prefered an ol but if you go with your board and of the top four players then you walk away happy. I am just glad allot pf the people here do not run the Jets.
    I actually wanted defense with these two pick considering I am of the thought you never take an ol early in the draft

  3. #43
    I'm hoping they understand something about Coples/Richardson/Wilkerson being able to fit together that I don't because at first glance it makes no sense

    I don't mind them ignoring the offense given that Tavon Austin was off the board and Guard isn't really that huge a need...but the picks they did make still leave a lot to be desired

    I would almost have preferred Geno v.v

  4. #44
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,279
    Dump. This thread is as gay as the chimp OP.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    The problem with Milliner is every SINGLE FCKING TIME he screws up, we'll get the media full force "is this what you traded Revis for?"

    I don't mind him as a prospect and even at 9, but damnit have the Jets learned absolutely nothing about this market? You don't take a CB in the 1st given the context of what just happened. You just DON'T. Milliner's confidence is going to be DESTROYED by year 2.
    This 100%

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post
    By picking Millner, the Jets in effect traded Revis and the 9th pick for the 13th pick and a 4th next years draft.
    You just don't understand the trade. Casserly explained it well. The trade will be a success if Richardson, next years pick, PLUS whoever we get with the 48-60 million we save by unloading Revis, which could be a couple more dominant players, pans out.

  7. #47
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Dump. This thread is as gay as the chimp OP.
    +1

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    The problem with Milliner is every SINGLE FCKING TIME he screws up, we'll get the media full force "is this what you traded Revis for?"

    I don't mind him as a prospect and even at 9, but damnit have the Jets learned absolutely nothing about this market? You don't take a CB in the 1st given the context of what just happened. You just DON'T. Milliner's confidence is going to be DESTROYED by year 2.
    1st thing I thought of when I saw the text on my phone: "This poor kid is ****ed."


    God forbid Revis comes back at full strength and starts shutting down Julio Jones, Steve Smith, and every other WR known to man while Milliner is getting burned left and right (as happens to every rookie corner). The media scrutiny will be unbearable.

    Milliner is in a no win scenario right now. It doesn't matter how good he turns out to be, he's not going to be as good as Revis, whom he'll be compared to for as long as he's a Jet.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

    Milliner is in a no win scenario right now. It doesn't matter how good he turns out to be, he's not going to be as good as Revis, whom he'll be compared to for as long as he's a Jet.
    Exactly!

    And it's like...don't the Jets think of this? Isn't this regime supposed to be "smarter"?

    Instead the Jets think the exact wrong way about this...they think "it seems a lot of fans are upset we traded Revis, let's get a new cornerback to make things right again".

    That would work someplace like Kansas City where the fan support and media backs the team no matter what. But in New York there will be media members (most of them actually) who will be looking to DESTROY Milliner whenever they get the chance, because he will never be as good as Revis, and picking on Milliner makes the Jets looks foolish which sells papers, right?

    How the Jets can draft a kid and then put him in a no win situation....it just kind of makes me sick. Picking Milliner is like the Tebow trade lite. Somehow the Jets' "brain"trust can't already see how this is going to play out???????

  10. #50
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,264
    Plug in this kid Richardson with Ellis, Coples and Wilkerson in the 4-3, and we're finally going to be able to stop the run. Which we haven't been able to do for years.

    As for grabbing Milliner, Rex needs shutdown corners for his defensive schemes to work. Granted, the kid played a lot of zone at Bama, but if he can stay healthy (the one knock I have on the pick), he's going to be a player.

    Pull the panties out of your crotches. This draft was considered stronger in the later rounds...we should grab a TE, receiver and some O-line help in the next rounds. Can't see them going for a pass rushing linebacker after spending 9 and 13 on the D. But who knows.

  11. #51
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,659
    Jesus what a fickle bunch.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Let's hope for the best.

    Go Jets.

    SAR I
    I told you they would draft another D-Lineman in the first round for about the 17th year in a row.

    Jets are emulating baseball's small ball strategy, win games 7-3, 6-3, 3-0... It's a remarkable strategy that will become the next great NFL scheme and everyone will be trying to catch up after the Jets win the next two Super Bowls.

  13. #53
    Just in case you didn't know there is something called a 2nd and 3rd round tomorrow.

    Also in case you didn't know there are guys who play offense who are still available.

  14. #54
    Thank you. Just write your words down on a piece of paper, so at the end of the year you can eat them.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of War 599 View Post
    Just in case you didn't know there is something called a 2nd and 3rd round tomorrow.

    Also in case you didn't know there are guys who play offense who are still available.
    In other words, look forward to 26 year old DE Margus Hunt in the 2nd round.

  16. #56
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of War 599 View Post
    Just in case you didn't know there is something called a 2nd and 3rd round tomorrow.

    Also in case you didn't know there are guys who play offense who are still available.
    Exactly. We have 6 more picks in this draft, and many think the value in this draft is in rounds 2-4. Frankly, what Idzik does in rounds 2-6 is where he can show what he's made of.

  17. #57
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,360
    OH MY LORD, THE JETS DIDN'T DRAFT A GUARD....lol

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebet Crunch View Post
    Thank you. Just write your words down on a piece of paper, so at the end of the year you can eat them.
    Rookie CBs make mistakes, even Revis wasn't very good his first season. Also, it'll be tough to tell about guards especially. Maybe the TE from ND will be someone worth watching, but there simply weren't any skill players worth getting.
    and the value for trading down wasn't there.

  19. #59
    at least we didnt draft a kicker.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Rookie CBs make mistakes, even Revis wasn't very good his first season. Also, it'll be tough to tell about guards especially. Maybe the TE from ND will be someone worth watching, but there simply weren't any skill players worth getting.
    and the value for trading down wasn't there.
    Agree, but CB generally is the easy position to adjust to as a Rookie. Richardson will have enough company on the DL where he should get some time to rotate in and out.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us