Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I guess we are going to the 4-3

All League

I guess we are going to the 4-3

DT Wilkerson
    DT Richardson
    LE Coples
    RE ?

problem is, our LB core is built for 3-4.

Harris, Pace, and Davis are made worse in a 4-3. I'm not sure what they are thinking.

Veteran
    LE Coples
    RE Wilkerson
    DT Ellis
    DT Richardson

All League
    Davis is a better fit in a 4-3

Yep. Which makes this report make even more sense...

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 9h

Wilkerson said he's down to 295. According to the team's roster he was playing at 315 last year. #nyj
    Expand

All League
    Wilkerson can not play RE, atleast effectively

Wink Disagree

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post

Harris, Pace, and Davis are made worse in a 4-3. I'm not sure what they are thinking.
    Curious how you get this rationale...in my view, Harris is a great Mike, Davis a Will, and Pace/Barnes Sam...just sayin

All League
    Who really cares what we play. If Rex was such a GD genius, why the hell do we have to keep investing all our top picks on defense? Great, we have a Dline, and 3corners.

On offense, we have 3 players that could starter for another team. I hate watching the garbage product on offense that we have had to endure the last 4 years. And it's just going to be historically bad.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsPT View Post
    Curious how you get this rationale...in my view, Harris is a great Mike, Davis a Will, and Pace/Barnes Sam...just sayin
    harris is way to slow to be a sideline to sideline MLB.

All Pro
    The way they are drafting lately, we are just going to pass on using LBs and go to a 5-6 defense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Can't believe how much investment we've made in DLine these past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post

Really because Barnes and Davis both played 4-3s. Both may actually fit better and are our likely starters. Pace and McIntyre I actually like more as a DE as well. Harris is the only odd piece really. One year at MLB in a 4-3 will not kill him. One weak spot in a 4-3 is not a bad thing. Honestly this pick could have just turned this team into a 45-50 sack team.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    harris is way to slow to be a sideline to sideline MLB.
    Harris may get cut or traded to save that 4 mil anyway.

Rex could make Wilks-Richardson-Garay-Coples work.

doesn't make sense to draft a cover corner at 9 and move to a 43.

43 should rely less on cover corners (personnel) and more on scheme (zone) coverage

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    doesn't make sense to draft a cover corner at 9 and move to a 43.

43 should rely less on cover corners (personnel) and more on scheme (zone) coverage
    Milliner is more of a zone guy. I think an argument can be made for Cro but he is not really a cover guy either. Rex did have Wilson running more of a zone late last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Milliner is more of a zone guy. I think an argument can be made for Cro but he is not really a cover guy either. Rex did have Wilson running more of a zone late last year.
    idk ma. that doesnt make sense if u think about it.

Cro is 100% a man to man CB. His career derailed when forced to play zone in SD. Milliner is a cover CB. Known to play Cover 1 and 0... That is their MO, and why he was so valued.

No one in their right mind would draft a CB at #9 if the intent is to play Tampa 2 zone... That right there is dereliction of duty. That is why there must be something up with these selections. The defense is changing but we do not know how yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    idk ma. that doesnt make sense if u think about it.

Cro is 100% a man to man CB. His career derailed when forced to play zone in SD. Milliner is a cover CB. Known to play Cover 1 and 0... That is their MO, and why he was so valued.

No one in their right mind would draft a CB at #9 if the intent is to play Tampa 2 zone... That right there is dereliction of duty. That is why there must be something up with these selections. The defense is changing but we do not know how yet.
    Cro may be better as a cover CB but his cover skills have always been an issue. He is just not a shut down CB. Yeah doesnt make sense I know. I agree his zone in SD lessened his skills but he still had his big plays. If he plays a ball hawk role in a zone he will still get the job done IMO. I have said it a few time next year I doubt we keep him at 15 mil.

All League
    Cro was shutdown last season. It was him and Sherman for 1 & 2 at CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Cro may be better as a cover CB but his cover skills have always been an issue. He is just not a shut down CB. Yeah doesnt make sense I know. I agree his zone in SD lessened his skills but he still had his big plays. If he plays a ball hawk role in a zone he will still get the job done IMO. I have said it a few time next year I doubt we keep him at 15 mil.
    dude. idk about that... i just dont know...