Wilkerson
    Coples
    Ellis

LBs:
    Harris
    Davis
    Pace
    Barnes/McIntyre (situational)

How exactly does Richardson fit the starting front 7? We use a 1st round draft pick on a guy that can't start at NT (too small), can't start at DE (Wilk and Coples already here)

The alternative is to go 4-3, but Harris, Pace, and Wilkerson's talents are lost in such a scheme.

I'm just very confused....the Jets just wasted a 1st rounder on a guy who won't even come in and start on day 1.

Veteran
    i dont even see Milliner starting day 1. huge mistake this draft.

I too am completely baffled.

We spent a #1 pick on a depth guy who is a reach at that spot at a position not of any need.

When we have the orst O in the NFL, just lost our TE, and had a game-changer TE sitting right in front of us.

Rex still runs this team. Only explaination I can think of.

Don't love the pick but it's called depth. Rex likes to rotate his DL, it's inconsequential whether he starts or not.
    Last edited by fullblast; 04-25-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Don't love the pick but it's called depth. Rex likes to rotate his DL, it's irrelevant whether he starts or not.
    Depth?????

We have HOLES at OG, TE, OLB, and no offensive weapons. Why on earth are we trying to get deeper at DT and CB????

Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Don't love the pick but it's called depth. Rex likes to rotate his DL, it's inconsequential whether he starts or not.
    I get depth, but drafting for depth in in round 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Micaboy View Post
    I get depth, but drafting for depth in in round 1?
    Both will start and both you could argue BPA. likely we switch to a 4-3 like Rex did in Balt. Coples and Barnes become sack machines. Pace and McIntyre will be better at 4-3 DE. Milliner will play the slot and compete with Wilson. Wilson and Cro are both in contract years so this is a good move. We drafted a WR last year NO TE is worth a 1st for this team. We will look for a WR in next year FA and I am OK with that. If Hill doesnt develop I'd be good with signing Nicks or Maclin. I dont like Maclin but he'd is a viable guy that isnt going to make 10+ mil in FA next year. OL was never going to be a high pick I said that a number of times. Our issues are QB and RB neither of which they liked that early. I give them credit for not making a push pick on an O player that still doesnt make them better.

Start thinkins 4-man fronts boys and yes Millner is starting week 1 at CB barring injury in preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    i dont even see Milliner starting day 1. huge mistake this draft.
    Why because we didn't draft a Guard or mediocre Tight End?

Jets fans overrate Kyle Wilson to no end. He will be exposed as a starter next yr without Laron Landry next to him.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Depth?????

We have HOLES at OG, TE, OLB, and no offensive weapons. Why on earth are we trying to get deeper at DT and CB????
    Jets probably wanted Warmack at 13 which was the smart strategy even if it didn't pan out. They can sign Brandon Moore to a one year deal or go after Clabo or Winston and move Howard inside to Guard where I think he really belongs.

Oh and Ertz will be there at 39 for us and is pretty much the same sh*t as Eifert.

with so many holes to fill I just don't understand the logic in this draft strategy

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    d-line:

Wilkerson
    Coples
    Ellis

LBs:
    Harris
    Davis
    Pace
    Barnes/McIntyre (situational)

How exactly does Richardson fit the starting front 7? We use a 1st round draft pick on a guy that can't start at NT (too small), can't start at DE (Wilk and Coples already here)

The alternative is to go 4-3, but Harris, Pace, and Wilkerson's talents are lost in such a scheme.

I'm just very confused....the Jets just wasted a 1st rounder on a guy who won't even come in and start on day 1.
    4-3
    RDE Coples
    NT Ellis
    DT Richardson
    LDE Wilkerson
    WLB Davis
    MLB Harris
    SLB Pace

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

How does NE get so friggin lucky

All League
    Richardson = our new safety

So before the Jets had room for Wilkerson, Coples, Ellis, Devito, and Pouha? But Sheldon Richardson takes up too much space even after 2 of those men are gone.

It's not that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Why because we didn't draft a Guard or mediocre Tight End?

Jets fans overrate Kyle Wilson to no end. He will be exposed as a starter next yr without Laron Landry next to him.
    +1