Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: someone explain to me why s-rich over FLOYD and STAR

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Floyd fell like an anchor, a lot of teams seemed to avoid him.
    Why???? I heard nothing about Richardson but tons about Floyd.

I don't know....

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    But what?? I don't get it. Floyd's games were amazing

I personally was not a fan of richardson . I fully support the Dline pick, we needed it as ive said all along but I loved floyd
    I'm a big SEC guy.....Richardson was more disruptive and a better playmaker from the DT spot then Floyd, atleast in college....With a lot less talent around him as well

I never liked Floyd to be honest, he wasn't ever really a standout when watching games like Richardson was

And I'm not just saying this to be a homer.....Richardson will be a force, bank on it

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    I have a bride I wanna sell you....righttttttt thissssss wayyyyyy
    Is she hot?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

Love our draft....we're building a Giant-like DL
    Giants actually have real DEs. Not tweeners.

We just got Geno Atkins.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Why???? I heard nothing about Richardson but tons about Floyd.

I don't know....
    Guys that wanted Floyd, explain why no one has taken him yet? Unless you guys think kiper is really a guru.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    He's not a great player. He's not going to start day one. He doesn't fit in the 3-4 scheme.

Star could have started day one at NT with Coples and Big Mo at DE.
    Hahaha..

He starts, DAY ONE.

Watch.

In a 4-3.

LOL

If Floyd falls all the way to the Pats, this board will explode.

richardson now competes with wilkerson as the outright freak on the roster.

sack total and pressure is bolstered.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    Hahaha..

He starts, DAY ONE.

Watch.

In a 4-3.

LOL
    Missouri fan, right?

Sheldon is a beast-kid......Tell em man

Richardson was the Missouri defense last year. The guy can play. I watched a few Mizzou games and when he came off the field I was very happy, having a few clams on the team he was playing against. He is disruptive and makes plays. Why him over star? Most likely competition and the medical on Star.

Now the Jets will have their 2 first round picks compared against players, that they could have had. Revis which there really is no comparison and Richardson going just before Star

Life as a Jet fan. Never gets easy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I'm a big SEC guy.....Richardson was more disruptive and a better playmaker from the DT spot then Floyd, atleast in college....With a lot less talent around him as well

I never liked Floyd to be honest, he wasn't ever really a standout when watching games like Richardson was

And I'm not just saying this to be a homer.....Richardson will be a force, bank on it
    Very encorouging. Thanks. I never really took a close look at him but maybe I should have.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post

As a Mizzou season ticket holder, I say thanks.

Richardson was a loner in the way of talent on a poor Mizzou D...the only player to be accounted for, and still was a force.

If the Jets wanted a 'fat boy' NT, well...

But Richardson is a force, non-stop motor, and will be a great addition for years.

All Pro
    Mike just said it.. most explosive dt in the draft. Boggles my mind

I don't get. Tape was average. He gassed. Convince me why he was the right pick
    Rex doesn't have to convince you. You sound so conceited. Look at the tape Richardson is explosive and gets to the qb, he's always around the play. Reminds me of a young Jenks somehow

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Rex doesn't have to convince you. You sound so conceited. Look at the tape Richardson is explosive and gets to the qb, he's always around the play. Reminds me of a young Jenks somehow
    You mean Kris Jenkins? He was 3" taller and 20 lbs. heavier when he was drafted. Not really a good comparison.

If you're talking penetrating DTs, Sapp was closer in size.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    If I was conceited, I would sound like the other 3/4 of the board and proclaim the jets as losers. Instead im asking what I missed. Just like Mayock and others.

Hall Of Fame
    If I was conceited, I would sound like the other 3/4 of the board and proclaim the jets as losers. Instead im asking what I missed. Just like Mayock and others.
    Some are saying the lack of production and some personal stuff is causing Floyd to drop. I never really heard any of the negative stuff prior to tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    As a Mizzou season ticket holder, I say thanks.

Richardson was a loner in the way of talent on a poor Mizzou D...the only player to be accounted for, and still was a force.

If the Jets wanted a 'fat boy' NT, well...

But Richardson is a force, non-stop motor, and will be a great addition for years.

No problem man, just call it the way I see it

Richardson was a real lone star on Missouri's D

We could have just went for a run stuffer but got bold and went for the real playmaker from the DT spot

Happy we took Richardson overall

Maybe Star's heart condition is worse than any of you think it is. How would you guys like it if by week 2 you found out he had to go to the IR because of it?

Watch the tape of Richardson destroying the best Offensive Lines in college football. His feet, the quickness, the training. Rex was one of the best D-line coaches in the NFL before becoming Baltimore's DC he knows a thing or two about defensive linemen I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzmn3xzN9vc