Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    If the Jets are indeed going 4-3 and we draft Jadeveon Clowney next year

THE NY SACK EXCHANGE IS BACK

RE Clowney
    DT Wilkerson
    DT Richardson
    LE Coples
    Yes. We need yet ANOTHER defensive lineman next year. Sheesh!

Good news is we'll now hold teams to like 6 points a game!

Bad news, we won't score more than 3.

RE Clowney
    DT Wilkerson
    DT Richardson
    LE Coples
    Wow---so you figure we are going 2-16 so we get the number one? Hey, its very possible.

Jets Insider VIP
    The jets always have the worst pick in the draft, then the bears always come along and take the crown.

All Pro

RE Clowney
    DT Wilkerson
    DT Richardson
    LE Coples
    Works for me

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Yes. We need yet ANOTHER defensive lineman next year. Sheesh!

Good news is we'll now hold teams to like 6 points a game!

Bad news, we won't score more than 3.
    Frankly, right now, I don't see us being materially better at Defense (Scoring Allowed) than we were.

We may be slightly better on the line with Richardson/Garay > Devito/Pouha, although thats certainly not proven yet.

But we're weaker in the D-Backfield even with Milliner due to Revis/Landry losses.

Once all is said and done, D will probably be about the same. Top 10 in Yards D and top 15 in scoring D or thereabouts.

But I'm beginning to wonder if we score more than 16 TD"s all season long on O. If I had to bet, right now, I'd bet no.

Hyperbole and exageration perhaps, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post
    Frankly, right now, I don't see us being materially better at Defense (Scoring Allowed) than we were.

We may be slightly better on the line with Richardson/Garay > Devito/Pouha, although thats certainly not proven yet.

But we're weaker in the D-Backfield even with Milliner due to Revis/Landry losses.

Once all is said and done, D will probably be about the same. Top 10 in Yards D and top 15 in scoring D or thereabouts.

But I'm beginning to wonder if we score more than 16 TD"s all season long on O. If I had to bet, right now, I'd bet no.

You really think we'll be worse on offense? We have to recoup a couple of the o-line losses still but we get Holmes back which is gonna help whether you like him or not. Hill will be back, a young WR who could improve too. I think Goodson & Greene are basically a wash bc I wasn't high on Shonn most of his time as starter. We lose Keller but have Cumberland healthy & Keller was hurt off and on.

Remember we played almost a whole season without Revis & that horrible offense and won 6 games. We're not a good team but we're not this "expansion" team everyone thinks we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The jets always have the worst pick in the draft, then the bears always come along and take the crown.
    The crown tonight belongs to the Bills.

Manuel is 3rd round talent at best.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Arctor View Post

Its about 2014 and 2015. We were DEPLETED on defense - more so than on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJet29 View Post
    You really think we'll be worse on offense? We have to recoup a couple of the o-line losses still but we get Holmes back which is gonna help whether you like him or not. Hill will be back, a young WR who could improve too. I think Goodson & Greene are basically a wash bc I wasn't high on Shonn most of his time as starter. We lose Keller but have Cumberland healthy & Keller was hurt off and on.

Remember we played almost a whole season without Revis & that horrible offense and won 6 games. We're not a good team but we're not this "expansion" team everyone thinks we are.
    O-line (as of right now at least) is materially worse.

TE is materially worse (Cumberland has a long way to go just to be half what Keller was as a weapon).

WR is improved....if Holmes stays healthy and isn't a Cancer. I doubt both come to pass. Hill and Kerley I like going forward as #3 and Slot Respectively.

RB is a wash. Greene was a huge dissapointment, Goodson is an unproven backup who might or might not. Powell is Powell.

Sanchez/Tebow/whatever is a wash, they're all just as bad as they were.

Rounds 2 thru 4 will say alot about what improvements on O we'll see. If some posters are right, and we get good value on O in those picks, perhaps we'll be somewhat improved.

We'll have to see.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJet29 View Post

We are "expansion-like" pn offense. Mark is garbage. Garrard hasn't been on a roster in 2 years. Everyone applauding the defections of Slauson and Moore have no idea what their about to witness when DuCasse and Colon go out there. Cumberland is the epitome of a JAG. Last year we had no passing offense. We have not upgraded a single position on offense.

Our offense is going to be historically bad. Unless we get a QB in this draft that is the second coming of Russell Wilson. Which is incredibly unlikely, but if it did happen, we would not have the worst O in history, just in 2013.