Thread: Scheme fit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Scheme fit.

I know ill get killed for this but what to Mel Kiper of anyone on this board know about "scheme fit" that Rex Ryan doesn't? Love him or hate him the guy has been drawing up defensive fronts since he was probably in diapers.

Anyone who says Sheldon Richardson doesn't "fit our scheme" needs to seriously reconsider how much they know about the Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even if the Jets aren't officially a "4-3" defense next year they will be using predominantly 4 man fronts. People can argue with me all they want that is a fact.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    I know ill get killed for this but what to Mel Kiper of anyone on this board know about "scheme fit" that Rex Ryan doesn't? Love him or hate him the guy has been drawing up defensive fronts since he was probably in diapers.

Anyone who says Sheldon Richardson doesn't "fit our scheme" needs to seriously reconsider how much they know about the Jets.
    It's a totally legit question, 100% legit. Unless all three of those guys are in the field for almost all snaps then the sum total of the three 1st rounders is not good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    It's a totally legit question, 100% legit. Unless all three of those guys are in the field for almost all snaps then the sum total of the three 1st rounders is not good.
    why couldnt that be the case?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was watching the Jets pre draft show on jets site (with the worse host ever Eric Allen) but he had Mo and Q for an interview. Q did say that there was more 4-3 looks this year. I didn't think he meant the base D though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    why couldnt that be the case?
    Because past history suggests that rex mixes it up a lot. We have playkakers like coples and wilk at times playing 3-4 DE's who have huge run stopping responsiiblity. If we player some 3-4 and richardson is the NT he's going to be pouah / devito and just hold the fort. Only time will tell, nothing against the player I worry about these guys being on the field at the same time and being able to be those aggressive up field guys.