View Poll Results: What grade would you give the Jets for the first round?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    36 15.00%
  • B

    104 43.33%
  • C

    53 22.08%
  • D

    27 11.25%
  • F

    20 8.33%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 158

Thread: Grade the Jets First Round

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Cromartie and Milliner will be a great duo soon enough and Kyle Wilson was very good as a Nickelback

    If Kyle Wilson really is an "absolute abortion on the field" (I don't believe so), then how could you not love us drafting the best cornerback prospect? Makes no sense....
    I can live with the Miliner pick.

    I find the Richardson pick beyond mind boggling especially considering Idzik said he had teams wanting to trade up to #13

  2. #42
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by LotteryPick6 View Post
    CB is a huge strength? Really?

    Kyle Wilson is an absolute abortion on the field and the CB we just drafted might not be ready for camp.

    Should probably bring back Ray Mickens to play nickel
    If you are using "abortion" to describe Wilson, you better have a doctorate in the English language to describe our starting guards, DuCasse and whoever the hell is backing up up Colon.

    And I cannot wait till the Buttfumbler is trying to move the ball throwing to Cumberland and Hill because Kerley is being doubled.

    Saying we are going to be bad next year is one thing. Not being able to field 11 legit bodies on offense is another. We are going to be so bad on offense, the league may have to step in and run the team.

  3. #43
    Good draft ....
    The Jets got 2 great players. Some people had the Jets trading all the way down to 3 to get Millner. I think that is a very good pick. I'm not sure if Richardson was the best DT on the board, but still a solid pick.

    There was no first round talent on offense for the most part (by the way Johnny Mitchell, Kyle Brady and who else am I forgetting said you should always draft a TE in the first round). The great thing is that there are 2 solid QBs and 1 solid RB still on the board. Hopefully the Jets stay where they are at and pick up either Lacy or the kid from Syracuse.

    Time to build the offense with the later picks (and get a safety).

  4. #44
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,440
    I voted C - Millner I understand....but DL????? We better be able to score on defense...

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I gave an F because it was Rex's draft. Defense twice? Really? Woods or Eiffert should've been taken at 13. Kenrick Ellis is a good player. I don't get it.

    Somebody message me when our GM, head coach, and owner understand that our offensive personnel is putrid and actually does something about it.

    Hell a Guard would've been OK. At least show you care. At least acknowledge that side of the ball. I don't buy BAP talk. That's a cop out. 13 should've been traded down for a 2 and a 3 or a 2 and a possible 2 next year. This team needs picks in '14 when the Rex Ryan era is over and they can actually move forward. Until then they'll keep acting like what worked in the '80s will work now.
    Apparently they did try to trade down but found no partners.

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    drafting two guys at our deepest positions (where we've spent out last three first round picks.)
    2010
    Round 1 - Kyle Wilson - CB

    2011
    Round 1 - Mo Wilkerson - DL
    Round 2 - Antonio Cromartie - CB
    Round 3 -Kenrick Ellis - DL

    2012
    Round 1 - Quinton Coples - DL

    2013
    Round 1 - Dee Milliner - CB
    Round 1 - Sheldon Richardson - DL

    Three cornerbacks and three defensive lineman in the top 2 rounds over the past 4 drafts. Very heavy investments in very specific areas of the team.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I gave an F because it was Rex's draft. Defense twice? Really? Woods or Eiffert should've been taken at 13. Kenrick Ellis is a good player. I don't get it.

    Somebody message me when our GM, head coach, and owner understand that our offensive personnel is putrid and actually does something about it.

    Hell a Guard would've been OK. At least show you care. At least acknowledge that side of the ball. I don't buy BAP talk. That's a cop out. 13 should've been traded down for a 2 and a 3 or a 2 and a possible 2 next year. This team needs picks in '14 when the Rex Ryan era is over and they can actually move forward. Until then they'll keep acting like what worked in the '80s will work now.
    Based strictly on this draft I wouldn't jump to conclusions about Rex being gone. His handwriting is all over these picks.

  8. #48
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by LotteryPick6 View Post
    I can live with the Miliner pick.

    I find the Richardson pick beyond mind boggling especially considering Idzik said he had teams wanting to trade up to #13
    We all know SF wanted a safety. They could have had Vaccaro at 13. The settled for Reid.

    We are idiots. Plain and simple.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Dawan Landry?
    Willie Colon?
    Antwan Barnes?

    Do these names mean anything to you?
    Jag
    Jag
    Semi Jag

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    If you are using "abortion" to describe Wilson, you better have a doctorate in the English language to describe our starting guards, DuCasse and whoever the hell is backing up up Colon.

    And I cannot wait till the Buttfumbler is trying to move the ball throwing to Cumberland and Hill because Kerley is being doubled.

    Saying we are going to be bad next year is one thing. Not being able to field 11 legit bodies on offense is another. We are going to be so bad on offense, the league may have to step in and run the team.
    You still don't get it.

    They know the offense is going to be bad. They don't care because they aren't playing for this year.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    If you are using "abortion" to describe Wilson, you better have a doctorate in the English language to describe our starting guards, DuCasse and whoever the hell is backing up up Colon.

    And I cannot wait till the Buttfumbler is trying to move the ball throwing to Cumberland and Hill because Kerley is being doubled.

    Saying we are going to be bad next year is one thing. Not being able to field 11 legit bodies on offense is another. We are going to be so bad on offense, the league may have to step in and run the team.
    Lol. Fair point. I'll try and find some words to describe our lineman.

    This offense will be worse than when we went 1-15. Honestly. It will be unwatchable.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Jag
    Jag
    Semi Jag
    Correct. And that's all they need for this year.

    They don't care about this year, don't you see? This year is a wash to them.

    It is amazing that people aren't getting this point.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    If you are using "abortion" to describe Wilson, you better have a doctorate in the English language to describe our starting guards, DuCasse and whoever the hell is backing up up Colon.

    And I cannot wait till the Buttfumbler is trying to move the ball throwing to Cumberland and Hill because Kerley is being doubled.

    Saying we are going to be bad next year is one thing. Not being able to field 11 legit bodies on offense is another. We are going to be so bad on offense, the league may have to step in and run the team.
    Agree, I am pro-life but I will say Kyle Wilson is a very bad football player! Lot's of time now in the later rounds to draft offense. Millner was huge ... good start to the draft so far. Also, if buttfumbler could complete anything longer than 2 yards down the field, maybe the Jets would have a chance. As it is Jello arm is going to get some offense in this draft. Good start.
    Last edited by Chrebet Crunch; 04-26-2013 at 12:21 AM.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by LotteryPick6 View Post
    I can live with the Miliner pick.

    I find the Richardson pick beyond mind boggling especially considering Idzik said he had teams wanting to trade up to #13
    I guess Richardson will have to just prove it on the field.....I've seen alot of him, and our D-line is going to be extremely hard to stop

    We literally had no one behind Coples and Wilkerson, and I'm sure all 3 will be on the field together in a lot of packages

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    We all know SF wanted a safety. They could have had Vaccaro at 13. The settled for Reid.

    We are idiots. Plain and simple.
    If we were going to go defense at 13 it should have been Vaccaro. It would be nice to have a game changing safety instead of a decent DL. Sort of like when we took Bryan Thomas over Ed Reed

  16. #56
    D

    -can't get past the fact we drafted an injury prone cb at 9 to replace a hall of famer we gave away for 13.
    -offense stood up again. but no jet gm can ever again take a TE in rd 1 I guess.
    -Richardson? Is Idzik just going off maycock's mock draft?

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    You still don't get it.

    They know the offense is going to be bad. They don't care because they aren't playing for this year.
    I can't agree with you. I couldn't be a Jet's fan if I didn't believe they were play-off/superbowl bound every year until they are mathematically illiminated. Having said that, last year I was trying to develop some new laws of math to have them eliminated earlier, because they were too painful to watch and Rex was too stupid too hear.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    2010
    Round 1 - Kyle Wilson - CB

    2011
    Round 1 - Mo Wilkerson - DL
    Round 2 - Antonio Cromartie - CB
    Round 3 -Kenrick Ellis - DL

    2012
    Round 1 - Quinton Coples - DL

    2013
    Round 1 - Dee Milliner - CB
    Round 1 - Sheldon Richardson - DL

    Three cornerbacks and three defensive lineman in the top 2 rounds over the past 4 drafts. Very heavy investments in very specific areas of the team.
    Rex's blueprint. For what I don't know. Definitely not success as the team has gotten progressively worse each year starting with these picks...

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I guess Richardson will have to just prove it on the field.....I've seen alot of him, and our D-line is going to be extremely hard to stop

    We literally had no one behind Coples and Wilkerson, and I'm sure all 3 will be on the field together in a lot of packages
    +1, if Rex can shut up, our defense could be a force to be reckoned with. Now find me a safety.

  20. #60
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,890
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Well then why haven't we done anything prior to the draft? These were not needs. We still need 3 starters on the OL. LBS are still a mess. Have no safeties.

    But we now have a nickel corner and a rotational D Lineman. Thrilled.
    We do not need three starters on the OL....what are you drinking man?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us