View Poll Results: What grade would you give the Jets for the first round?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

36 15.00%
  • B

104 43.33%
  • C

53 22.08%
  • D

27 11.25%
  • F

20 8.33%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Grade the Jets First Round

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    And some people have endless optimism for a team that hasn't warranted any of it since the drafting of Joe Namath.
    Absolutely.

And I know who I'd rather be of the 2. In actuality it's not a black & white scenario as you imply but no doubt there are some who do nothing but complain, whine and fume. Always. Without exception, no matter what.

That's a club that's best avoided.

In fact the reaction of the picks by the media have been slightly positive. Even Cimini gave them okay grades.
    B+ for Milliner
    C for Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    In fact the reaction of the picks by the media have been slightly positive. Even Cimini gave them okay grades.
    B+ for Milliner
    C for Richardson
    for the jets, it's a good thing when the media is criticizing the positions they take and not the actual talent of the players. it's a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    DT and CB were both huge needs.
    Bigger need than OLB, Oline & TE?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTodd27 View Post
    no, but better talent. By far.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    SOJF would have us take a QB in the first round when every analyst worth their weight said there was no true first round QB.

BUT HEY!!!!! We would have taken a QB though!!!!
    Don't be an extremist. These qb's suck. I did want an o-lineman though.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTodd27 View Post
    O-line is not a huge need when you could sign a legit player like Peterman for next to nothing.

OLB is a need, but it clearly appears that they are moving Coples outside.

Tight end is tight end... There are plenty of smart people in the world of football that don't want to take a Tight End very high.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Don't be an extremist. These qb's suck. I did want an o-lineman though.
    Manuel will be good... Have said it forever. There's an outside shot that Glennon could be good, but he has to learn to slide in the pocket better.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    O-line is not a huge need when you could sign a legit player like Peterman for next to nothing.

OLB is a need, but it clearly appears that they are moving Coples outside.

Tight end is tight end... There are plenty of smart people in the world of football that don't want to take a Tight End very high.
    and plenty who ever regretted doing so, as in the case of Johnny Mitchell, Kyle Brady, Anthony Becht and Dustin Keller. Strike 1, 2, 3 & 4!
    Last edited by Dcat; 04-26-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Manuel will be good... Have said it forever. There's an outside shot that Glennon could be good, but he has to learn to slide in the pocket better.
    I should have been clearer. As first rounders go, these qb's suck. And only the Jills disproved my theory. lol

not a manuel fan. he's hyped with all the read option success but won't be nearly as effective as a pocket passer. the accuracy just ain't there.

Solid 1st round of the draft. Got two guys at 9 and 13 that Draftinsider had at 7 and 13. Didnt reach. Still remains to be seen how Richardson will be used with the other linemen we have, but Im not overly concerned. Didnt reach for questionable offensive talent. Would have preferred a trade down, but you cant force that.

Veteran
    I get the BPA logic, I graded a C rather than a B because I am concerned about the amount of significant injuries Milliner has suffered. I don't care what the Jets medical staff say, that's an inordinate amount of injuries, scoping a knee at college suggests cartilage damage. i understand it cN be minor but often it involves chronic pain. The docs also that Dwayne Robertson would be unaffected by cartilidge damage/arthroscopic surgery.

If we were rather going defense, I would rather have Alex Okafor but hey the truth will be revealed three years from now.

And not for nothing, i HATE this mis-information:

Dee Milliner....will now fill the spot vacated by the loss of Darrelle Revis
    No, Milliner will fill the spot vacated by Antonio Cromartie moving up to the #1 CB to replace Revis (which he held all last season pretty much). A slight distinction, but an important one. This kid wasnt drafted to be Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    the funniest part for me is the 50 threads started since last night, most acting as if the draft is OVER and the Jets are DOOMED

ROUND 2 starts tonight at 6:30 PM ET

and as I see this draft --- the really good value talent on offense is pretty much ALL still on the board

People just don't get it.....

The idea is to just get the best talent possible, when rebuilding as much as we are

Who cares about plugging holes with inferior players on a team that won't contend anyway??

These picks were made for the longhaul, not 2013.....stop being so shortsighted, damn

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    the funniest part for me is the 50 threads started since last night, most acting as if the draft is OVER and the Jets are DOOMED

ROUND 2 starts tonight at 6:30 PM ET

and as I see this draft --- the really good value talent on offense is pretty much ALL still on the board
    About the only reason why I'll tune in tonight. It's been a weird draft.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    People just don't get it.....

The idea is to just get the best talent possible, when rebuilding as much as we are

Who cares about plugging holes with inferior players on a team that won't contend anyway??

These picks were made for the longhaul, not 2013.....stop being so shortsighted, damn

jets stuck by their board

the first rounders available for the jets at #9 and#13.were high on their draft board.sticking by the old axiom take the best players available.I love the picks.revis got on my nerves with his attitude and he might be damaged goods with his injury.lets see who the jets pick in the six rounds left.