View Poll Results: What grade would you give the Jets for the first round?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

36 15.00%
  • B

104 43.33%
  • C

53 22.08%
  • D

27 11.25%
  • F

20 8.33%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grade the Jets First Round

Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    I love how our first round picks addressed the needs of the worst offense in the NFL.

Hey SAR I told you the Jets would take another DLineman in the first round for the 17th straight draft.

They have a baseball plan, win games 7-3 and 3-0
    No, their plan is to suck this year and use the cap space and draft picks next year to get a QB and build a quality offense.

All Pro
    We had two top 15 picks and walked away without a 2013 impact player, drafting two guys at our deepest positions (where we've spent out last three first round picks.)

Simply horrible.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Dawan Landry?
    Willie Colon?
    Antwan Barnes?

Do these names mean anything to you?
    You cannot be serious. Landry is a down grade from Bell. And Barnes would have been a good pick up three years ago. And I am going to pretend that you didn't even mention Colon. He'll why not bring up defensive player of the year candidate Garay?

Your post reaks of total homerism. Not even a critical look at anything. Take your blinders off before you actually convince yourself that this team can compete for anything other than the top pick in next years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    We had two top 15 picks and walked away without a 2013 impact player, drafting two guys at our deepest positions (where we've spent out last three first round picks.)

Simply horrible.
    Get this into your head.

THE JETS WERE NEVER GOING TO DO ANYTHING IN 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All League

Simply horrible.
    Just stupid, its almost like our front office doesn't know who is on the roster and who we recently drafted. TOTALLY CLUELESS

All Pro
    C

I'm not a big fan of taking Milliner in the top 10. He has a high upside, but his injury history scares me, and CB is a position which could have been shored up later in the draft.

Richardson is an interesting prospect and potentially a very good player, but his fit on the Jets is a bit odd. I'm interested to see how the Jets will utilize his skills as a 3-technique.

At the end of the day, I would have been much happier with Warmack and Lotulelei.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    You cannot be serious. Landry is a down grade from Bell. And Barnes would have been a good pick up three years ago. And I am going to pretend that you didn't even mention Colon. He'll why not bring up defensive player of the year candidate Garay?

Your post reaks of total homerism. Not even a critical look at anything. Take your blinders off before you actually convince yourself that this team can compete for anything other than the top pick in next years draft.
    ROFLMAO

You simpleton...

That's exactly what the Jets are thinking.

They know this season is most likely a wash. They know they were in a horrible position going in.

All they really want to do is fill out the roster, draft BPA's so they can develop, and wait to use their large free cap space and draft picks next year, when there are good offensive players to be had.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Get this into your head.

THE JETS WERE NEVER GOING TO DO ANYTHING IN 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Get this into YOUR head, DL and CB is the last thing we needed and the first thing we picked. Everyone knows we are rebuilding, but people are still confused at why we are wasting picks when we have so many needs. GET IT?

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Get this into YOUR head, DL and CB is the last thing we needed and the first thing we picked. Everyone knows we are rebuilding, but people are still confused at why we are wasting picks when we have so many needs. GET IT?
    Because most of our needs are on offense and as I have said continuously throughout the day, the offensive talent in the top part of the draft was horrendous.

And I disagree with you. DL was a need, so was CB to a lesser extent

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    LOL @ "wasting picks"

The idea is to get the best players you possibly can

Richardson/Coples/Wilk will be one hell of an interior

CB is back to a huge strength

Bottomline, Milliner and Richardson are 2 damn good players that will help us in 2013 but especially beyond that

Simply horrible.
    Someone who gets it. Maybe these guys will be players, but would it really shock anyone if the football gods punished us for this foolish strategy? Milliner supposedly won't even be healthy by the start of training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Someone who gets it. Maybe these guys will be players, but would it really shock anyone if the football gods punished us for this foolish strategy? Milliner supposedly won't even be healthy by the start of training camp.
    What "foolish strategy"?

Everyone always says to draft the Best Players available, that's what all the great franchises do, right?

I know it's a shame we couldn't fix our holes at:

QB
    LG
    S
    TE
    CB
    DE/DT
    OLB
    RB
    WR

all in 2 picks.....

Simply horrible.
    I'm glad someone gets it

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    LOL @ "wasting picks"

The idea is to get the best players you possibly can

Richardson/Coples/Wilk will be one hell of an interior

CB is back to a huge strength

Bottomline, Milliner and Richardson are 2 damn good players that will help us in 2013 but especially beyond that
    CB is a huge strength? Really?

Kyle Wilson is an absolute abortion on the field and the CB we just drafted might not be ready for camp.

Should probably bring back Ray Mickens to play nickel

I voted F because it was the lowest possible grade.

I guess maybe the rumors of Rex losing influence were exaggerated because both of these picks just reek of Rex.

Another corner and another defensive lineman. Seriously?

Rex wants to win with just defense and Idzik seemed to give him what he wants. They may be good players but I seriously doubt either of these picks actually make us better.

Meanwhile the offense is completely ignored and talentless. Maybe the plan is to completely tank next year because I truly do not see how we are better.

A questionable QB and a situational lineman. I just have a hard time seeing this being Idzik's doing. Hopefully this dooms Rex and we can move on.

Horrible, horrible, horrible draft.

If there was something lower than F that's what I would have selected. It's that ****ing bad. I wish the draft was still on a Saturday so I could drink until I blackout.

Jets Insider VIP
    More than 50% of our fans grading the picks as a C or worse.

Ouch!

The Jets get a gentlemen's C.

I would not call either player a bust or a huge reach.

First of all I would say we missed the opportunity to get better players without trading up (Warmack, Latuleilei, etc.).

Also, I think with players like Floyd, Hayden, Tufant, and others going where they did we missed an opportunity to get roughly equal talent at the same positions we picked while trading down for more picks (this year or next year).

Also, if Revis (best CB in NFL?) is only worth pick # 13, how is Millner worth pick # 9?

What happens with Wilson at CB and Ellis at DT now that we have drafter their possible replacements? I thought they were doing pretty good. Their play so far and their upside (both guys only played 2-3 years so far) seems much better than that of Cumberland, Colon, Ducasse, Hill, Allen, Sanchez, Powell, etc. Don't we have other spots we could be filling?

I am happy about the following:

1. We did not trade up
    2. We still have all of our picks next year
    3. Bills reached big (maybe because of us)
    4. We did not reach for a workout warrior who looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane
    5. BAP at each our picks (Warmack, Lutleilei) only fell one spot. If we took who we took and could have had Warmack at # 20 I really would have lost it.
    6. We did not take a QB or K

Quote Originally Posted by LotteryPick6 View Post
    CB is a huge strength? Really?

Kyle Wilson is an absolute abortion on the field and the CB we just drafted might not be ready for camp.

Should probably bring back Ray Mickens to play nickel
    Cromartie and Milliner will be a great duo soon enough and Kyle Wilson was very good as a Nickelback

If Kyle Wilson really is an "absolute abortion on the field" (I don't believe so), then how could you not love us drafting the best cornerback prospect? Makes no sense....

I gave an F because it was Rex's draft. Defense twice? Really? Woods or Eiffert should've been taken at 13. Kenrick Ellis is a good player. I don't get it.

Somebody message me when our GM, head coach, and owner understand that our offensive personnel is putrid and actually does something about it.

Hell a Guard would've been OK. At least show you care. At least acknowledge that side of the ball. I don't buy BAP talk. That's a cop out. 13 should've been traded down for a 2 and a 3 or a 2 and a possible 2 next year. This team needs picks in '14 when the Rex Ryan era is over and they can actually move forward. Until then they'll keep acting like what worked in the '80s will work now.