Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Move Wilson to Safety?

Undrafted Free Agent

Move Wilson to Safety?

Maybe this is what Rex is thinking. There was talk of moving him before when E. Smith and Leonard were both hurt two years ago. Just a thought, maybe will filled two needs with one pick by taking Milliner, wouldn't that be nice?

All League
    I've been preaching this move since the conclusion of 2011!!!!!!

Wilson can play well as long as the action is IN FRONT of him. He sucks with his back to the ball. He can be the center-fielder FS we've been lacking with excellent speed to break on a ball and be more disruptive instead of getting burnt or penalized due to NEVER turning his friggin head around

All League
    not a bad thought

i like this idea

Not likely. One of the best reason to do this is your 2 BU Berry and Lancaster are both likely cap cuts. You play Milliner at #3 and ease him in. If he beats out Wilson great. Landry and Bush/Allen/Jarrett have S covered IMO.

Its sad that someone would even consider "easing" the number 9 draft pick into the lineup---Let the guy play from day one---

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Its sad that someone would even consider "easing" the number 9 draft pick into the lineup---Let the guy play from day one---
    AGREE 100%

We had to come out with 2 STARTERS from this draft in the 1st round. Miliner was not drafted at #9 to be eased in. He's starting from Day 1 and if the Jets are smart, keep Wilson at nickel or move him to safety.

Likewise, the drafting of a DT at #13 - higher than our current studs Wilkerson & Coples - means this kid is also going to see the field from Day 1, ie 4-3 fronts will be the new norm since we have 2 3Technique DT (Richardson & Ellis) and only 1 NT: Garay

Undrafted Free Agent

Undrafted Free Agent
    Theres no reason to at least try out Wilson at safety now in training camp, what do you have to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Not likely. One of the best reason to do this is your 2 BU Berry and Lancaster are both likely cap cuts. You play Milliner at #3 and ease him in. If he beats out Wilson great. Landry and Bush/Allen/Jarrett have S covered IMO.

Why? They only cost $600K...

wilson at safety?

how would you rate him as a tackler?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post

Wilson can play well as long as the action is IN FRONT of him. He sucks with his back to the ball. He can be the center-fielder FS we've been lacking with excellent speed to break on a ball and be more disruptive instead of getting burnt or penalized due to NEVER turning his friggin head around
    Its not the worst idea I have ever heard. You are 100% correct that Wilson is abysmal with his back to the ball. They guy still has not learned to turn and look at the ball. I love the idea of hybrid CB safeties.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    You beat me to it. Both guys are ultra cheap.

Regardless we need a good Nickelback which WIlson/Milliner can be......They play about half the time anyway

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Its not the worst idea I have ever heard. You are 100% correct that Wilson is abysmal with his back to the ball. They guy still has not learned to turn and look at the ball. I love the idea of hybrid CB safeties.
    Pats did it with McCourty. If Jets don't grab a safety tonight, OP may be on to something. On side note, you still in Mendham? I live in Madison....should meet up sometime and grab a beer or something stronger when we are talking the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post

Very good post. I give you props. I say it all the time. His head is never on a swivel. He has hard times reacting to when the ball comes, but is pretty instinctive when the action is in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Saving even 200k will help both those guys are likely cap cuts. Both are about 630 and 650. You have Trufant and Fletcher who are cheaper and can be your 4 and/or 5 guys. On the other end you have Landry and Bush who both make the roster. Allen, Jarrett, and Crocker who are also cheaper options. Why weaken you backfield by trying to make Wilson play S and starting a rookie at CB? Let Milliner play slot and ease his way in. Or if he is better then Wilson play Wilson in slot. Makes no sense to switch him IMO. If we kept Revis sure but right now he is you vet starter.

Hall Of Fame
    Why move him to safety when he could be the best #4 CB in the league?

Cro..Milliner..Berry..Wilson

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Not likely. One of the best reason to do this is your 2 BU Berry and Lancaster are both likely cap cuts.
    I honestly don't understand what goes through your mind.

All League
    Wilson can fist pump!