Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: best remaining...

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,985
    Post Thanks / Like

    best remaining...

    we are going to get a player at 39.

    Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame
    Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
    Geno Smith QB W Virginia
    Menelik Watson OT Florida St
    Cornellius (Tank) Carradine DE Florida St
    Robert Woods WR USC
    Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
    Zach Ertz TE Stanford
    Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse
    John Cyprien S Fla Int'l
    Keenan Allen WR California
    Johnathan Jenkins DT Georgia
    Margus Hunt DE SMU
    Matt Barkley QB USC
    D.j. Swearinger S S Carolina

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,866
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jamie Collins

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    we are going to get a player at 39.

    Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame
    Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
    Geno Smith QB W Virginia
    Menelik Watson OT Florida St
    Cornellius (Tank) Carradine DE Florida St
    Robert Woods WR USC
    Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
    Zach Ertz TE Stanford
    Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse
    John Cyprien S Fla Int'l
    Keenan Allen WR California
    Johnathan Jenkins DT Georgia
    Margus Hunt DE SMU
    Matt Barkley QB USC
    D.j. Swearinger S S Carolina
    Gimme one of them

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,985
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Gimme one of them
    i would love love love Ertz or a S...

  5. #5
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    235
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tank would make our front 7 pretty sick.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i would love love love Ertz or a S...
    I'm iffy on Ertz but he would help

    Cyprien or Swearinger would be nasty

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ertz, Lacy, or Hunter would be great. Maybe Geno.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Groton
    Posts
    2,836
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love Lacy.

  9. #9
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no doubt Ryan is thinking about Carradine, Cyprien, and Swearinger primarily. I think it's on other people in the organization to push him into addressing the offense at this point, but honestly I'd be fine with one of those three if they're there

    Don't be surprised by Barkley or Nassib though I know lots of people are against them. Geno Smith is probably going to Jax or Philly but you never know

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    779
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 and 3 100% have to be offensive playmaker.

    Need one of these:
    Ertz
    Escobar

    and one of these:
    Woods
    Allen
    Hunter

    We also need an RB. Choice one would be dealing the five for Ivory, but If not I'd like Gio or Lacy.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,985
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I'm iffy on Ertz but he would help

    Cyprien or Swearinger would be nasty
    we have no TE right now lol

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're obviously taking Margus Hunt, guys. Everyone knows you win football games 10-7.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    we have no TE right now lol
    There's more to be had later in the draft and worst comes to worst, there are always vets hanging out....Cumberland isn't bad if we added a blocking tight end, worst case scenario obviously

    Ertz would help us a lot actually, but Cyprien and Swearinger are better players to me, in positions of need as well

  14. #14
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    486
    Post Thanks / Like
    More d-lineman

  15. #15
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Weird NJ
    Posts
    195
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dream Scenario:

    Mike Glennon QB in Rd 2
    Gavin Escobar TE in Rd 3
    Khaseem Greene OLB in Rd 4
    Trade the 5th to the Saints for Ivory
    Oday Aboushi OT in the 6th
    Find a potential kick returner in the 7th.

    Move Kyle Wilson to FS
    Resign Braylon Edwards

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,337
    Post Thanks / Like
    We clearly need to go DB or defensive line. Clearly you can never draft any other positions in round 1 or 2.

  17. #17
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really starting to like the idea of Tank Carradine actually

    But it will literally kill this board if we take a defensive player, even though it would make a ton of sense

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    245-A
    Posts
    3,062
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idzik has prepped the contracts to cut Holmes and possibly Cro next year along with Sanchez.

    He found Cro's replacement w/Miliner.

    He's going to draft WR in the 2nd to be Holmes' replacement (Woods or Allen?)

    or a TE to upgrade from Cumberland.

    Possibly one more LB, but the rest of the draft should be addressing Offensive depth.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,826
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    2 and 3 100% have to be offensive playmaker.

    Need one of these:
    Ertz
    Escobar

    and one of these:
    Woods
    Allen
    Hunter

    We also need an RB. Choice one would be dealing the five for Ivory, but If not I'd like Gio or Lacy.
    Uh, no, not unless the value warrants it.... IF you have Alex Okafor as your fifth highest player ranked, and he is there, you take him, end of story. It doesn't matter that you need a TE. You go with the value that presents itself.

  20. #20
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    235
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JmercJETS View Post
    I'm really starting to like the idea of Tank Carradine actually

    But it will literally kill this board if we take a defensive player, even though it would make a ton of sense
    Who gives s **** what the board thinks, If Tank is there he'd be very good value.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us