Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets had Milliner and Richardson in their Top 4 Overall - Idzik

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If we grab someone like Zach Ertz, Keenan Allen, or Larry Warford tomorrow in the 2nd round, then I'll feel a lot better about today.

Wouldn't be against Geno or Glennon either.
    This is where I'm at too... Would throw Lacy's name in there too provided the Ivory deal is dead.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Rex Ryan had too much input on the Jets draft board
    Explosive, athletic defensive players are in abundance in the Pacific Northwest right now. I wouldn't be so quick to say this is all Rex Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Every GM says the same BS every year, yeah we got the guys we wanted and had ranked higher.

If you had Richardson ranked in your top 4 you have no business running or even working for an nfl team. That pick was a joke
    Actually looking at tape, I can see why. For a big guy, he has a quick release off the line and is very quick.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Explosive, athletic defensive players are in abundance in the Pacific Northwest right now. I wouldn't be so quick to say this is all Rex Ryan.
    +1

Who did Seattle draft last year in the first?

Bruce Irvin

When did they get their offensive playmaker?

In the third round.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    you should stop saying that because it makes u sound a bit foolish.
    Really. Mayock and others had Hayden rated higher. So let me ask you something: is Milliner so much better than Rhodes or Trufant that it warrants taking him at 9? How about taking Jamar Taylor or Bannks at 39?

Milliner BETTER be a pro bowl corner or he is not going to make it in NY.

And Idzik better hope both these players pan out or he is finished.

This reminds me of Pioli's first draft in KC. Everybody applauded him for taking the safest pick in the draft in Tyson Jackson. Jackson did not play a game changing position and He did not live up to the hype, and Pioli is unemployed.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Actually looking at tape, I can see why. For a big guy, he has a quick release off the line and is very quick.
    You could see him ranked as the 4th best player in college?

Which tape you looking at? Game or combine?

All League
    +1

Who did Seattle draft last year in the first?

Bruce Irvin

When did they get their offensive playmaker?

In the third round.
    golden Tate was a first rounder. They also addressed the OL in the first two years ago. They also were able to find defensive startes in the 4th round. Sherman was like a 3rd rounder. Why the hell if Rex is such a genius do we have to continually fill his cupboard with first round defensive players?

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    You could see him ranked as the 4th best player in college?

Which tape you looking at? Game or combine?
    Game. Plus Tony Pauline called him on Sports Night "the most underrated lineman in this draft"

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    golden Tate was a first rounder. They also addressed the OL in the first last year. They also were able to find defensive startes in the 4th round. Sherman was like a 3rd rounder. Why the hell if Rex is such a genius do we have to continually fill his cupboard with first round defensive players?
    I was talking about Russell Wilson who the Seahawks drafted in the 3rd round

Because there weren't any good first round offensive players worth taking, as I have said for a long time.

Seattle also found offensive players late too.

Turbin for example was taken in the 4th round last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    As reported on NFL Network by Kimberly Jones.

Yes, he said the guys they drafted were 2 of their Top 4 OVERALL rated players.
    And after the selection they pick in the second round they will claim that the selection was their 5th top overall rated player.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Rex Ryan had too much input on the Jets draft board
    Rex had nothing to do with this. It was the best talent on the board. Why draft some second rate offensive player just to try to fill a hole that will need filling again in 2 years. OL can be drafted in later rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    As reported on NFL Network by Kimberly Jones.

Yes, he said the guys they drafted were 2 of their Top 4 OVERALL rated players.
    We got 2 players, but let's face it... we need at least 8.

Eight living, eating, mouth breathers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    And after the selection they pick in the second round they will claim that the selection was their 5th top overall rated player.
    lol

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    golden Tate was a first rounder. They also addressed the OL in the first two years ago. They also were able to find defensive startes in the 4th round. Sherman was like a 3rd rounder. Why the hell if Rex is such a genius do we have to continually fill his cupboard with first round defensive players?
    Golden Tate was te 60th pick in his draft. The Seahawks last three drafts in the first 3 rounds are a lot of OL, DL, LB Secondary. Hardly any skill position guys. I would possibly start wrapping your head around a Safety and Guard in the next 2 picks, unless they like a QB lie Seattle liked Wilson.

Veteran
    I don't understand. What players on the offensive side of the ball would you have taken over Milliner and Richardson? The depth at skill positions in round 2-4 is ridiculous. The Jets need help at every position so I expect the Jets to keep taking BPA throughout the draft no matter what position it is.

I was talking about Russell Wilson who the Seahawks drafted in the 3rd round

Because there weren't any good first round offensive players worth taking, as I have said for a long time.

Seattle also found offensive players late too.

Turbin for example was taken in the 4th round last year.
    Wilson was blind luck. Seattle paid big money for Flynn to start, they paid him nicely and expected him to play. Wilson was a developmental pick that they struck gold with. Seattle also trade for Lynch, threw big free agent dollars at Rice and Miller, drafted Tate early, and spent 1st round on OL. Their strategy was never 5 straight 1st round picks on CB and DL. You know whose strategy that is? The same team who is about to have a worse record than the year before for now the 4th straight year.

Izdiks a cap guy not a personnel guy..I do agree that when youre rebuilding and as bad as we are you take bpa not need because theyres a need just about everywhere anyway..

Were they bpa? they think so well see..ive seen some scouts say Millner is a product of the Bama system and nothing more then a decent nickel corner well see..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Golden Tate was te 60th pick in his draft. The Seahawks last three drafts in the first 3 rounds are a lot of OL, DL, LB Secondary. Hardly any skill position guys. I would possibly start wrapping your head around a Safety and Guard in the next 2 picks, unless they like a QB lie Seattle liked Wilson.
    My bad on the Tate pick. But I'm not screaming for the skill position guys. Its every year. CB, DL, DL, and now CB & DL. Sea at least invested in al, different units. Who cares when we can say our nickel corner is better than your number 2 corner when we are getting shutout half a dozen times next year.

And for everyone thinking we can find starters on offense later in the draft, you are absolutely correct. And that is not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Wilson was blind luck. Seattle paid big money for Flynn to start, they paid him nicely and expected him to play. Wilson was a developmental pick that they struck gold with. Seattle also trade for Lynch, threw big free agent dollars at Rice and Miller, drafted Tate early, and spent 1st round on OL. Their strategy was never 5 straight 1st round picks on CB and DL. You know whose strategy that is? The same team who is about to have a worse record than the year before for now the 4th straight year.
    Yeah i hope these guys were really bpa and this isnt just rex Ryans ego coming into play thinking he cant create a monster D and win without an offense..

In todays NFL you cant win without an explsoive offense the rules are set up for offenses and to where you cant have great defenses anymore and build your team like the old Ravens teams..

My hope for the plan for the offense is that they know the teams gonna be bad again this year and next years draft is loaded with qb's and wr's and thats when they draft and go heavy offense..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    Exactly